Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition - STATUS: POSTPONED UNTIL POKEMON IS FUN

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: NEW - Chapter 13

threaten your reflection with suicide every time you get up in the morning

Dr. Javelin said:
i need motivation badly; does anyone know where i can get some?
wifi battles in pokemon

Based Sora said:
threaten your reflection with suicide every time you get up in the morning
wouldn't it be more fun to threaten to kill my reflection?

wait, that's the same thing

When the creative spark alone isn't enough to keep me writing, the burning indignity of becoming one of the multitude of fanfic writers who give up before they finish what they've started spurs me onward.

Walkazo said:
When the creative spark alone isn't enough to keep me writing, the burning indignity of becoming one of the multitude of fanfic writers who give up before they finish what they've started spurs me onward.

Ha, yeah! Those chum- WAIT A SECOND

Walkazo said:
that's why i have chosen to finish this thing

Smaug said:
I just read the first chapter. Toughest Farfetch'd ever.
you ever gone to unova route 1 while trying to EV train and run into a bunch of high-leveled farfetch'd? it's not pretty
Smaug said:
I read all 13 chapters. They are pretty good. A little on the short and rushed side, but other than that, good.
short? compared to what?

the only fictions around here i know of that are longer than these are tabuu's and bmb's

also if i was really rushing these, the next installment would be out by now

i just burned myself pretty bad

Well, I like to expect fan fictions to read like a novel, which many don't. Also the reason why I don't read much fan fiction anymore. But I suppose compared to others, yours is good.

Also, when I say rushed, I do not mean how fast you write it, but how fast the plot moves along.

Smaug said:
Well, I like to expect fan fictions to read like a novel, which many don't. Also the reason why I don't read much fan fiction anymore. But I suppose compared to others, yours is good.
ah. thanks, i guess?
Smaug said:
Also, when I say rushed, I do not mean how fast you write it, but how fast the plot moves along.
yeah, i kinda needed to have the plot move fast at these early parts to keep it interesting

chapter 14 should be more laid-back, as team plasma is out of the picture (for a short while, at least)

Smaug said:

pssst

click that image in my sig

trust me, i would never lead you astray

Travis Touchdown said:
Smaug said:

pssst

click that image in my sig

trust me, i would never lead you astray
My stuff's longer (granted, it's Mario fanfiction rather than wiki fiction, but w/e).

But anyway, that's interesting. Usually the impression I get is that most fanfic readers want short stuff, and don't bother with 20+ chapters and 100,000+ word counts and whatnot - unless they have tonnes of reviews to let prospective readers know it'll be worth their time. But I could be wrong.

in which javelin's critics compete for his readers in his thread

It's his fault for being so slow with the updates and creating a reading-material-vacuum.

(Of course, I kid, I kid - I'm a firm believer in taking as long as you need to update: writing happens when it happens.)

Dangit, I am so behind on this story! I better catch up soon!

Travis Touchdown said:
in which javelin's critics compete for his readers in his thread
haven't you always been doing that in this thread?

and yes, i promise i'll work on this during the break

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I actually caught up. Hooray!

Personally, I like what you did with the Burgh battle. I found the "two back to back battles with the same trainer" deal from the previous gyms a little tedious, so opting for one double battle seems like a more fluid, pacing-friendly alternative. Plus, I know that's how it works in the games, but the bit with Lenora full-restoring her mons back to health and jumping right back into battle kind of took me out of the story for a moment. Medicine that allows you to go from knocked out to battle ready in an instant feels somewhat odd in a semi-realistic setting.

blah blah blah condensing two battles into one = neat

Walkazo said:
But anyway, that's interesting. Usually the impression I get is that most fanfic readers want short stuff, and don't bother with 20+ chapters and 100,000+ word counts and whatnot -

You put your stuff on fanfiction.net, right? I think one of the main reasons why people avoid multi-chapter projects there is because their authors oftentimes have a habit of losing interest halfway through and abandoning them prematurely. That, and waiting for updates is tedious. Better to have it all in one go.

Thanks! That was my main reasoning behind the double battle - having two trainers fight at the same time seemed like a good alternative to the two-in-a-row combat with Lenora. I think two-in-a-row worked better with Cilan and Cress because I interspersed La Reine segments in between to keep the reader interested, but I couldn't figure out how to do that with Lenora. The double battle also seemed like a good way to get some training for the "little guys" in.

From this moment onwards, whenever Javelin and Walkazo have a Gym Battle, La Reine will be attacked by random Team Plasma people to spice up the story.

Dr. Javelin said:
From this moment onwards, whenever Javelin and Walkazo have a Gym Battle, La Reine will be attacked by random Team Plasma people to spice up the story.

i feel like p132 should make excessive references to this story

Dr. Javelin said:

Well, the next gym is the electric type one, so you could probably just have her wander off and conquer the musicals or something. Like, use her to get the sidequest stuff out of the way, kind of like you did with the dreamyard.

Back