Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition - STATUS: POSTPONED UNTIL POKEMON IS FUN

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter 3 released!

It was good, I enjoyed it. (I especially enjoyed your characterization- you nailed everyone else's too, surprisingly. Kudos.)

On the other hand, something just occured to me about the Pokemon universe.

If beating Gym leaders is so common, why are they gym leaders? Like, you'd think after they get smacked around by a few new kids somebody would think to get a better replacement for them.

Jack English said:
It was good, I enjoyed it. (I especially enjoyed your characterization- you nailed everyone else's too, surprisingly. Kudos.)
I thought about adding some character development via reveals but decided it was too early, it just wouldn't work yet.

Don't worry, we actually will get around to hearing Javelin's story! It's not quite as obvious as it seems.
Jack English said:
On the other hand, something just occured to me about the Pokemon universe.

If beating Gym leaders is so common, why are they gym leaders? Like, you'd think after they get smacked around by a few new kids somebody would think to get a better replacement for them.
I actually plan on expanding on a theory I heard about that. Someone somewhere in the vast world of internet had the idea that the Gym Leaders actually have a whole slew of Pokemon, and they pick ones that makes the battle fair to accurately test the challengers. Which explains why when you face the Gym Leaders a second time in Pokemon Emerald, they have tons of evolved Pokemon and stuff. It's not like that's all they have - it would be impossible for newbie trainers to win if that was the case. Rather, they use Pokemon that are kinda close to the challengers' in level.

So what I'm saying is that the Javelin vs Cilan (Javelin started with Water, remember) and Walkazo vs Cress (because of her Cyndaquil) battles aren't going to be complete wipeouts.

Nifty theory.

Also, just because the heroes and rivals always get their badges doesn't mean everyone does. In the anime and manga, plenty of random background characters lose to the Gym Leaders.

Anyway, I figured the story was dead, so even if it this chapter was short, it was a more-than-welcome surprise. One caveat: "your old pal the president" sounds very scripted and unnatural, just have them say "the president". I'm interested to find out what the real story behind Javelin is: like you implied, him being Red would be too obvious (and a wee bit Sueish).

Funny, I was just wondering about this story today.

Nice nod to the change in Gen V with the reusable TMs. I always wondered though, how exactly would they work in the anime/this story. How do you use them?

It's...

CHAPTER 4?!

This suddenly motivates me to somehow get rid of this superglue on my ass and do another episode of TPR.

Great chapter, btw.

Walkazo said:
Nifty theory.

Also, just because the heroes and rivals always get their badges doesn't mean everyone does. In the anime and manga, plenty of random background characters lose to the Gym Leaders.
Yeah, but they always face them again, don't they? It never impedes the progress of the story for long.

Although that is a good point, perhaps I should make it so someone loses and eventually has to come back and finish the challenges...
Walkazo said:
Anyway, I figured the story was dead, so even if it this chapter was short, it was a more-than-welcome surprise.
One word: school.
Walkazo said:
One caveat: "your old pal the president" sounds very scripted and unnatural, just have them say "the president".
I was kinda of going for the angle that the Silph Co. president is a bit of a old duffer, so having him use weird phrasing is part of his character.
Walkazo said:
I'm interested to find out what the real story behind Javelin is: like you implied, him being Red would be too obvious (and a wee bit Sueish).
I'm not planning on spoiling any of that. >_>
GalacticPetey said:
Funny, I was just wondering about this story today.

Nice nod to the change in Gen V with the reusable TMs. I always wondered though, how exactly would they work in the anime/this story. How do you use them?
In FireRed/LeafGreen, it looks like you place the TM on the Pokemon's head and then it spins and they absorb the knowledge or something. That's how I was planning on using it.

If I get a cooler/more practical idea though then I'll probably use that.

Dr. Javelin said:
Walkazo said:
Anyway, I figured the story was dead, so even if it this chapter was short, it was a more-than-welcome surprise.
One word: school.
Say no more.

Dr. Javelin said:
Walkazo said:
I'm interested to find out what the real story behind Javelin is: like you implied, him being Red would be too obvious (and a wee bit Sueish).
I'm not planning on spoiling any of that. >_>
Wouldn't want you to! Just voicing my interest, is all.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter 4 :O

Alright, I've got the Javelin vs Cilan battle done. Would you guys rather see that as a standalone chapter or back to back with Walkazo's Gym challenge? It's longer than the last chapter but not too long.

Back-to-back.

Also, I'm working on a Project 132 update. You can expect it soon.

</writerbrofist>

Is it okay if I sign up for your Pokemon story Dr. Javelin?

um, sure?

i don't know if i can fit you in, i got like fifty sign-ups

the better your signup is the more likely i'll add it

Also, I have the next chapter typed. I just haven't gotten a chance to upload it yet because I haven't gotten internet on the computer that it's typed on. It's complicated.

I'm trying to upload it, believe me. I plan on putting it on a USB and then transferring it. It'll work.

why is this so difficult i don't even

Hopefully I can get to the library this week and upload it? Or maybe grab some free Wi-Fi from Chick-fil-A or something.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Five is almost here

Userpedia refuses to load.

Therefore, I will post the next two chapters here.

Yes, two chapters. It's been a while, eh? Too long if you ask me.

Striaton City Gym

At long last, the Gym challenge was about to begin.

Javelin walked into the Gym and this time, instead of finding a restaurant, found… a rather posh Pokémon arena. The floor was still carpeted, but all the tables and chairs had been pushed aside to create room in the middle for a battle. At the end of the open area stood the three Gym Leader brothers - each bearing their trademark red, green, and blue hair and dressed impeccably. As Javelin moved forward, the three started towards him and stopped in the middle.

Green Hair grinned. "Alright, a Trainer! Time to get on with our real jobs, eh? I'm Cilan, and this is Cress-" - Blue Hair nodded - "-and Chili." The last brother gave Javelin a thumbs up. "Now, then," said Cilan, "what was your first Pokémon?"

"Squirtle," replied Javelin.

"Excellent. It appears I'll, ah, be your opponent in the battle for the badge. I assume you are ready?"

Javelin reached for his belt and sent out Shade. "Of course. Let's do this."

Chili and Cress went toward the sidelines and sat next to Walkazo and Anton, who were watching the match. Cilan walked to the edge and called out his first Pokémon, a Stoutland. "Alright. Stoutland, let's go! Work Up!" Stoutland began jumping up and down, getting pumped up for the battle.

Javelin smiled. "Shade, stay back! Hit him with Ice Shard!" Shade complied and began tossing sharp ice towards Stoutland, who attempted to dodge but was too slow. Stoutland shook off the bits of ice and looked to Cilan for further instructions.

"Um, well… go and counterattack with Retaliate!"

Stoutland rushed forward, aiming for Shade. Javelin called out, "Dodge, and hit him with Night Slash!" As Stoutland barreled past, Shade slashed at him and retreated. "He's too slow!" laughed Javelin. "Use Double Team. Attack Pattern Swarm - Ice Shard Barrage!"

"What exactly does that mean?" whispered Walkazo to Anton. She looked over and nudged Anton, who had fallen asleep and woke with a start. He looked blearily around for a few seconds, then went back to his nap.

Meanwhile, Shade had split into two…three… four copies of himself. The quartet began to dash around Stoutland, tossing Ice Shards from every direction as Stoutland attempted to dodge. Cilan frowned at the unorthodox attack and called out, "Use Odor Sleuth! Hit the real one with Retaliate!"

Stoutland began sniffing at the air, and pointed towards one Shade and barreled forward, slamming into the real one and dispelling the copies. Shade slid backwards, but picked himself back up. "You've just got to finish him! Use Ice Punch! Jump on top of him!"

Shade complied, zigzagging towards Stoutland. He hit Stoutland in the front with an Ice Punch, then flipped over him and hit him with another on his back. Stoutland grunted, but shook off Shade. "Now! Night Slash!" Shade moved past Stoutland's side, sweeping it with Night Slash. The big dog groaned, then collapsed, fainted.

Cilan frowned. "Well, uh, I guess it's on to round, er, two! Simisage!" He sent out his second Pokémon, who Leered at Shade, daring him to attack. Cilan was finished playing games. "Hit him with Focus Blast! Fast!" Simisage fired the attack, which Shade instinctively dodged.

Javelin frowned. "Dodge his attacks! Strike back with Ice Shard!" As Shade fired an Ice Shard towards Simisage, the green monkey simultaneously fired Focus Blast towards him. The two attacks collided. Focus Blast split the Ice Shard down the middle and continued on to hit Shade for super effective damage. Shade was knocked out instantly.

"Double weaknesses are never any good," commented Walkazo to Chili. "Not to mention the fact that Weavile just can't take many hits."

"I was wondering how my bro would manage to stop Ice attacks," laughed Chili. "His loss to Brycen at the last Gym Leader Conference was just embarrassing. Anyways, your friend here better have some good tricks up his sleeve to overcome this type disadvantage."

With a determined look, Javelin reached for his belt and pulled out Patton. "Let's do this, Patton!" he called as Patton appeared and looked boldly towards Simisage, waiting for orders.

"Hold your ground! Use Ice Beam!" Patton complied, firing the attack towards Simisage, who dodged aside with ease.

Cilan smiled. "We've just got to hit him a few times, Simisage! Counterattack with Energy Ball! Attack repeatedly!"

Simisage jumped from side to side, launching Energy Balls from multiple angles, but Patton's experienced aim with Ice Beam blasted each from the sky before they could make contact. After a multiple attacks, Simisage ended his salvo and settled for Leering at Patton.

"Hmm…" mused Cilan as he considered his options. "Move forward! Use Brick Break!" Simisage rushed forward and hit Patton in the head with a chop that didn't even faze him. "Aim for his shell!" called out Cilan, and Simisage leapt onto Patton's back and began smashing furiously at his tough shell. Patton grunted, but weathered the blows.

"Now!" yelled Javelin. "Rapid Spin!"

Patton withdrew into his shell and spun quickly, sending Simisage sprawling onto the ground nearby. "Quick! Before he recovers!" said Javelin. "Use Ice Beam! Aim for his feet!" The blue tortoise took aim and fired an Ice Beam from each cannon, freezing Simisage's feet to the floor and trapping him. As Simisage gamely attempted to escape, Patton continued hitting him with Ice Beam until his feet were frozen solid.

"Finish him!" said Javelin triumphantly. "Skull Bash!"

Desperately, Cilan called out, "Energy Ball! Fast!"

As Patton rushed forward, Simisage fired an Energy Ball and scored a solid hit on Patton but failed to stop the large Pokémon. Patton slammed into Simisage like a truck, shattering the ice that froze him to the floor and sending him flying across the arena where he slid to a stop at Cilan's feet.

Chili stood up and cheered. "Now THAT's a battle!" Walkazo and a recently awoken Anton applauded, while Cress simply shrugged. Chili and Cress rejoined their brother in the arena, where the three jointly presented Javelin with his prize money and the Trio Badge, first of the Unova Gym Badges.

Javelin turned to the group cheerfully, but before he could speak, Cress spoke up. "Walkazo. I believe you're next?"
-----
The Dreamyard

The Lilipup landed in the dust, fainted. Precious threw a haughty glare at the enemy Trainer, who sheepishly recalled his Pokémon and gave La Reine her winnings. As he walked off, La Reine spoke to Precious. "You weren't even harmed?" Precious simply looked at La Reine. "Of course. I should have known! Now, let's see if there aren't any more commoners we can profit from."

They continued walking into the abandoned factory. They turned the corner to the center of the factory, and La Reine spotted a woman in a lab coat who seemed to be peering into the grass at the other side of the factory. As they drew closer, the woman straightened up and turned around.

"Hello there. Um, who are you exactly?"

"I am La Reine, head of the La Reine Pokémon House. This is Precious, my dearest companion." Precious looked at the woman and inclined her head slightly.

"Um, okay then. My name is Fennel. I'm a researcher who works out of Striaton City."

"Excellent!" exclaimed La Reine. "What perchance would you be researching here?"

"I'm trying to find the elusive Pokémon Munna that is supposed to live somewhere in this area. But as of yet, I've failed to meet one. Maybe they're just naturally shy or something. Anyways, Munna and their evolution Musharna are capable of producing Dream Mist. I need to procure some for my research into making the dreams of Pokémon reality."

"That sounds incredible. Might I be capable of assisting you in any way… oh, look!"

A small pink head poked itself out of the grass. The Munna drifted towards the two, then looked at La Reine.

"It seems you've got better dreams than I do," hypothesized Fennel. "That would be a probable cause for attracting the Munna."

The Munna closed its eyes, summoning a mist. The pink fog swirled around the Pokémon for a moment, then began to twist into recognizable forms. As La Reine watched, it shifted into a bridge… a young girl, running through fields…

"Stop!" La Reine waved her hands through the mist, dispelling the images. The haze settled back into its natural pink.

"Well, that seems to be what I was looking for," said Fennel. She pulled a small vacuum from her coat, and sucked the Dream Mist into a small bottle, which she corked. "Thank you for your help. Um, I don't mean to pry, but…"

"Please. Don't ask," La Reine said. "It's just the past that lingers with me…"

"Well, isn't this a tender moment."

Fennel and La Reine turned to see two oddly dressed people, a man and a woman. La Reine recognized their outfits from the event in Accumula Town. "Team Plasma!"

"That's us," the man replied.

Fennel looked confused. "If you're looking for a battle, I'm afraid I don't have any Pokémon with me."

"That's a shame, it sure is," said the woman smoothly. "But the princess here…"

La Reine stepped back a bit. Precious looked daringly towards the two grunts. "I won't let you take my Precious!" La Reine said hotly.

"You misunderstand us," the man said as he stepped forward. "We aren't taking the Pokémon. We simply grant them the ability to free themselves from their masters. By any means necessary." He sent out a Patrat while his partner sent out an Unfezant. "Now, release your Pokémon or we'll do it for you."

From behind the Team Plasma Grunts, La Reine could pick out another dark figure in the rafters. The figure silently dropped to the floor...

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Five is almost here

Striaton City Gym

"Typhlosion, go!"

The little fire mouse appeared on Walkazo's command, and looked around curiously. Walkazo knelt down and told him, "We're going to be fighting some tougher Pokémon today." When Typhlosion quivered a bit, she laughed quietly. "Don't feel afraid - Skarmory and Blastoise are ready to back you up in this battle. You won't have to win it by yourself." She stood up and nodded to Cress. "We're ready."

Cress sent out a Lilipup without a word. "Then let's begin, shall we? Your move."

Walkazo straightened up and spoke firmly to Typhlosion. "Tackle. Move fast."

Typhlosion rushed forward and hit Lilipup with a solid Tackle, but Lilipup jumped back up and didn't appear to be affected. Cress called out "Growl!" and Lilipup complied, spooking Typhlosion and forcing him back a few steps. He timidly looked back to Walkazo for support. Before she could say anything, Cress called out again, this time with "Tackle!". Lilipup charged while Typhlosion was distracted, knocking him down and really scaring him this time.

Walkazo sighed. "Pay attention! Focus on the foe!" As Typhlosion picked himself up, Walkazo called out an attack: "Use Ember!" The fire mouse launched the attack towards Lilipup, who dodged aside easily. "Keep it up!" continued Walkazo, and Typhlosion kept at it, eventually landing a hit on Lilipup, who shrank back a bit.

Cress smiled thinly. "This should be easy enough. Lilipup, use Work Up." Lilipup began jumping up and down, back and forth, getting pumped up. Typhlosion looked a bit frightened by Lilipup's antics.

Javelin shook his head. "This is silly," he commented to Chili. "Typhlosion is just as strong as Lilipup, but he's losing because he's afraid. Walkazo should have worked on his confidence more."

"You also have to keep in mind that Lilipup are naturally tenacious Pokémon," Chili reminded him.

Walkazo stayed calm. "Don't panic! Aim for the floor with Ember!" Typhlosion fired his attack, which Lilipup jumped to dodge. As Typhlosion kept attacking, the floor began to glow with the red-hot embers and Lilipup began hurting itself with each jump it took. Lilipup growled in anger, having Worked Up into a frenzy.

Calmly, Cress pointed for Typhlosion. "All-out attack. Keep hitting him with Tackle." Lilipup charged forward. Walkazo called out for a dodge, and Typhlosion rolled to the side as Lilipup barreled past. Lilipup turned fast and plowed into Typhlosion hard with another Tackle. Typhlosion attempted to get up, but Lilipup hit him and Typhlosion sprawled out again on the ground. Cress called off Lilipup, and ordered, "Again! Work Up!"

Typhlosion was throughly spooked by this and was timidly retreating from Lilipup. Walkazo called out "Ember!" and Typhlosion attacked again, but Lilipup was really Worked Up and dodged easily. The small Cyndaquil looked again to Walkazo for help.

Cress made his move. "Hit him with all you've got! Tackle!" Lilipup moved and struck fast, and Cyndaquil was knocked backwards into the ground. He tried to lift himself up, but then collapsed, fainted.

"He wasn't even looking! That's not right!" Walkazo said angrily. "Can't you give him a chance to fight back?"

Cress shrugged. "A battle's a battle. If he'd been more confident, that wouldn't have been a problem."

Walkazo grimaced and called out her Blastoise. "We'll get them back for this. Blastoise, stay back. Use Hydro Pump." Blastoise fired and two streams of water that jetted towards Lilipup.

Cress called out "Dodge! Counterattack!" and Lilipup jumped nimbly to the side, neatly evading Blastoise's attack. Lilipup charged forward, and hit Blastoise with a surprisingly powerful Tackle. Blastoise grunted but shook off the smaller Pokémon.

Walkazo thought for a second. "Get in close! Use Bite!" Blastoise charged forward and gripped the tiny Lilipup in his mouth, tossing him to the side. As Lilipup tried to get up, Walkazo called out again with "Hydro Pump!" and Blastoise blasted Lilipup, sending him flying across the arena where he landed, fainted.

Walkazo shrugged. "A battle's a battle."

Cress responded by sending out his other Pokémon, Simipour. "It's time to end this."
-----
The Dreamyard

The newcomer's face was partly concealed by a pair of shades, and he wore a strange set of black and red armor that fit only over his left arm. As the Team Plasma Grunts turned to face him, he smirked and pulled out a Poké Ball.

He sent out a Gallade. "Time for another Pokémon thief to join the party."

The male Grunt's eyes narrowed. "That can't possibly be a real Snag Machine."

The newcomer grinned. "Michael, Night Slash!"

The Gallade moved into action, dashing forward and hitting Team Plasma's Unfezant hard. La Reine saw her chance and seized it. "Precious, get Patrat! Use Vine Whip!" Precious swung the vine for Patrat, dealing a good hit and drawing his Trainer's attention.

The grunt twisted. "Patrat, attack! Scratch!" Patrat moved forward, but Precious hit him again and he was knocked back once more.

Meanwhile, the Unfezant soared into the air and out of Gallade's reach. The stranger just laughed. "You know what to do, Michael." As Unfezant twisted and prepared to dive, Michael Teleported right above him and hit him with another Night Slash for a critical hit. The injured Unfezant plummeted and crashed to the ground as Michael Teleported back to safety.

The Team Plasma grunt gasped. "Who are you?" she asked.

"No one of consequence," he replied smoothly. He pulled a Poké Ball from his belt and tossed it with his left arm towards Unfezant. The Poké Ball launched its red beam and captured Unfezant, then fell to the ground. After it shook three times, the stranger picked it up.

"So tell me. Do you think that this" -he lifted his left arm and the machine- "is real?" The grunt's eyes widened. She turned and fled.

Precious hit Patrat with another Vine Whip that sent him tumbling back. His trainer groaned. "I knew I should have stolen a better Pokémon!"

As Precious moved in for the last blow, Michael Teleported in front of her and blocked her Vine Whip with a Night Slash. "I can't catch a fainted Pokémon!" said the stranger as he lobbed another Poké Ball at Patrat. Again, his catch was successful. "Two for two," he said to himself as he pocketed the Patrat.

"We'll find you someday. Whoever you are…" The other grunt followed his comrade's lead and ran.

The stranger watched him run for a while, then turned to face La Reine and Fennel. "That's a nice Snivy you've got there. Perhaps I'll add her to my collection…?"
-----
Striaton City Gym

Blastoise fired two Ice Beams at Simipour, who dodged aside easily. The monkey fired back with Focus Blast, but Walkazo called out "Protect!" and Blastoise summoned a shield, deflecting Simipour's attack. The two Pokémon stared each other down.

"This may take a while," yawned Javelin. He leaned back in his chair and pulled his hat low over his eyes.

Walkazo pulled out a Poké Ball and recalled Blastoise, then sent in Skarmory. "Let's try this agai- Hey!"

Simipour was already moving and hit the steel bird with Retaliate as soon as she appeared, knocking her back a bit. "Move!" ordered Walkazo, and Skarmory jumped into the air and took off.

"Water Gun!" said Cress. Simipour fired into the air, narrowly missing Skarmory. Skarmory twisted to the side and continued to dodge Simipour's attacks.

"Agility!" called Walkazo. Skarmory began moving even faster in the air, gaining both speed and maneuverability. Simipour's Water Guns continued to miss as Skarmory became more agile.

"Cease fire!" said Cress. He observed the situation for a second. "Take careful aim and launch Focus Blast." Simipour began charging up his attack.

As Walkazo debated her next move, Skarmory decided to act on her own. The steel bird pulled her wings in and dove, launching Swift at Simipour who was forced to dodge to the side. As Simipour rolled back into an upright position, Skarmory hit him with an Air Slash, then pulled out of the dive and flew back upwards. Simipour launched a Focus Blast after Skarmory, but she barrel rolled to the side and the attack missed.

"Show off," muttered Walkazo. "Skarm! Attack with Swift! Move to low-level glide!" Skarmory began spitting Swift stars at Simipour, while diving to the lower levels of the Gym. As Simipour dodged, Walkazo called out, "Steel Wing! Now!" Skarmory swooped in and smashed Simipour with her wings, knocking him to the ground. As he attempted to pick himself up, Walkazo spoke again. "Finish him! Air Slash!" Skarmory turned sharply, slashing the air with her wings and sending a shockwave towards Simipour, KOing the blue monkey.

As Skarmory landed next to Walkazo, Javelin looked up. "Is it over by now… oh." He stood up and sighed. "And I was looking forward to seeing Skarmory in action…"

The three Gym brothers assembled, and again jointly presented Walkazo with her winnings and the Trio Badge. She tucked it away in her Badge case, then turned to Javelin. She frowned. "Where's Anton?"

Javelin looked around. "He was here just a second ago. Maybe he went to look for La Reine?" The two Trainers started for the door. As they walked outside, they immediately noticed Anton standing there and waiting for them. His Ghastly, Peeves, was floating behind him, and his Sableye Chompers was by his side. He grinned.

"Hello there. I trust the Gym battle was interesting?"

"Of course," answered Javelin. "But what are you doing out here?"

"Waiting for you two to finish weakening your Pokémon. You see, it's difficult to take Trainers' Pokémon when they're at full strength - and especially from skilled Trainers such as yourselves. But when you've been weakened, it makes the "liberation" that much easier."

"You're with Team Plasma?" said Walkazo incredulously.

"But of course! I may not believe in their entire principle of liberation, but I must say I have a certain fondness for chaos. Now, I believe this is the part where I demand that you hand over your Pokémon."

"And you plan to threaten us with… a Ghastly and a Sableye," scoffed Javelin. He sent out Patton as Walkazo sent out Blastoise.

"No, of course not," said Anton. "I would never let Peeves injure himself in a battle such as this. Besides, battles such as these are best left to those with the power to take on multiple foes." He sent out another Pokémon, a Golurk. As the massive Golurk cracked its knuckles, Anton again smiled. "Are we ready now? I've been waiting a long time for this."

Javelin's smug demeanor faltered a bit, but he remained calm. "A high-stakes battle it is, then. Patton! Hydro Pump!"

"Ice Beam!" yelled Walkazo. The two Blastoise launched their attacks towards Golurk, who didn't even move.

"Thunderbolt!" said Anton. His Golurk's body shuddered, then launched a huge bolt of raw electricity from his chest.

The three attacks collided, creating a massive explosion...

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapters Five AND Six are in this thread.

UP has been having hiccups more than usual lately and we're looking into it. If it's down and you need to do something, feel free to send me, 22, or Neu a message in chat or something and we can reboot it.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition

So the thief is Tabuu, eh? It was out of him and Crash according to my mind. Great chapters though, Javvy. The split between two scenes was rather good.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapters Five AND Six are in this thread.

Great chapters. The only technical issue I noticed was that the "You've just got to finish him! Use Ice Punch! Jump on top of him!" line needs to be attributed to Javelin (although it's obvious that he's the one who said it, so it's not a huge issue or anything). I liked how the two gym battles had totally different patterns, with only the first one being your standard give-and-take battle, while the second one started out almost hard to read (poor little Typhlosion) but ended in a near curb-stomp (more thanks to the Pokemon than the trainer, I'd say). However, the twist at the very end of the update is definitely the highlight: I totally didn't see it coming, and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition

Vriska Serket said:
So the thief is Tabuu, eh?
>_>
It was out of him and Crash according to my mind. Great chapters though, Javvy. The split between two scenes was rather good.
Oh good. I wasn't sure if it was very readable or not.
Walkazo said:
Great chapters. The only technical issue I noticed was that the "You've just got to finish him! Use Ice Punch! Jump on top of him!" line needs to be attributed to Javelin (although it's obvious that he's the one who said it, so it's not a huge issue or anything).
I figured that since he was the last person I referred to that it was inferred that he was the one talking.
Walkazo said:
I liked how the two gym battles had totally different patterns, with only the first one being your standard give-and-take battle, while the second one started out almost hard to read (poor little Typhlosion) but ended in a near curb-stomp (more thanks to the Pokemon than the trainer, I'd say). However, the twist at the very end of the update is definitely the highlight: I totally didn't see it coming, and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Different trainers will have different fighting styles, generally consistent with the Trainer's personality. For example, Cilan was a bit unsteady and unsure of himself, compared to Cress's cool demeanor. Each makes a big difference in the way the Pokemon will fight, which adds more flavor to the battles (and is also why the anime-style battling interests me!).

You can guess what Anton's style will be.

The chapters are up on Userpedia.

I suppose I should get to work on making a sprite for Tabuu SNAG MACHINE GUY now.

Eventually I'll probably upload the Gym leaders too since they have slightly different Pokemon in this than in the games.

EDIT: also you guys should go vote for a fic called "Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition" in the polls

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Seven is up on UP!

yay more updates

EDIT: After uploading it, I realized that I had accidentally given Anton's Golurk five moves - Thunderbolt, Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, and Fly.

It's been fixed now so he no longer has Earthquake, and instead Hammer Arms the ground to create a pseudo-Earthquake.

Also, I'm working on sizing the Pokemon sprites properly (so they fit in the boxes) and making a sprite for Tabuu.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Seven is up on UP!

Awesome. The battles were both good and exciting; I like how a gym leader got involved in the showdown and a rivalry between Typhlosion and Precious is a good idea. It's interesting that Tabuu turned out to be a vigilante (with a history with Anton, no less), seeing as his last line towards La Reine in Chapter 6 was a bit ominous, however when he showed up in this chapter, rather than saying "The stranger sent out Michael.", it would have been better to say "The stranger sent out a Gallade." and then start calling it Michael after it was confirmed that it was the same "stranger" as last time. Other than that, nothing in particular stood out - except I had to look up "aggressed", so kudos to you for that new vocab.

Also, on the main page, shouldn't Anton be in the Team Plasma tab now, or...

Back