Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition - STATUS: POSTPONED UNTIL POKEMON IS FUN

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter 2 released!

Awesome!

I lol'd when 2257 was cast as a Bulbasaur. So much win!

Two tiny mistakes in the writing: my Skarmory's a girl (she was called a "he" at one point), and there should be a line skip before the "Sableye, the BLAH-BLAH" bit (which was a nifty way to skip the tedious Pokédex stuff - funny too). Other than that, it was great. It's cool to have some new characters, and I like where the plot's going. Looking forward to the next update - no matter how long it takes, it'll be worth the wait, I'm sure.

Walkazo said:
Awesome!

I lol'd when 2257 was cast as a Bulbasaur. So much win!
Credit for that joke goes to 22 and MCD, who put 22 in his signup. I certainly got a kick out of putting him in here, especially after I told him he'd get kidnapped by Plasma if he got Roar of Time:
Dr. Javelin said:
Makoto Naegi said:
javvy, if i hack the game anime story and give myself roar of time, are you gonna be mad?
no i'll just make you get abducted and brainwashed by team plasma
Walkazo said:
Two tiny mistakes in the writing: my Skarmory's a girl (she was called a "he" at one point), and there should be a line skip before the "Sableye, the BLAH-BLAH" bit
whoops

I'll go fix that ASAP, thanks for the help.
Walkazo said:
(which was a nifty way to skip the tedious Pokédex stuff - funny too).
I'm thinking about making it a running gag where La Reine attempts to check stuff on the 'Dex and Javelin messes with her.

Also, was it easy enough to follow for you guys? I was kinda worried with so much activity and characters it might get difficult to follow.

I had a little trouble remembering the nicknames for the pokemon.

Understandable, but hopefully as the story goes on you'll be able to assign personalities and such to each name and they'll become more memorable.

(...) Anton reached into his backpack and pulled out a plush cuttlefish. (...)

I can already tell this will be a great chapter~

Champion Christmas said:
I find looking at the profiles on the story's main page helps me keep the nicknames associated with the Pokémon. But I'm a visual person like that, so maybe it wouldn't work for everyone.

Dr. Javelin said:
Credit for that joke goes to 22 and MCD, who put 22 in his signup. I certainly got a kick out of putting him in here, especially after I told him he'd get kidnapped by Plasma if he got Roar of Time:
Dr. Javelin said:
Makoto Naegi said:
javvy, if i hack the game anime story and give myself roar of time, are you gonna be mad?
no i'll just make you get abducted and brainwashed by team plasma
Props to them in that case. And lol, the idea was in the thread all along? Chekhov's Gun just got meta.

Dr. Javelin said:
Also, was it easy enough to follow for you guys? I was kinda worried with so much activity and characters it might get difficult to follow.
I thought it was fine. Maybe a teeny bit chaotic, but once I refreshed my memory about what all the Gen V Pokemon look like and went through the battle a bit more slowly, I could follow it fine. Besides, the battle itself seemed a bit hectic, and sometimes having the writing mirror the in-story atmosphere helps communicate the overall feel of the situation as the characters are experiencing it.

Walkazo said:
Champion Christmas said:
I find looking at the profiles on the story's main page helps me keep the nicknames associated with the Pokémon. But I'm a visual person like that, so maybe it wouldn't work for everyone.
It should be even easier now that I've uploaded a Ghetsis profile to the main article.

It's also good to know that all that work 22, Edo, and I have put into this is paying off. Actually I haven't done much but fill in the infoboxes, they deserve the credit.
Walkazo said:
And lol, the idea was in the thread all along? Chekhov's Gun just got meta.
i am the genius storymaster

bwahahahaha

actually more like it's been so long everyone just forgot, but whatever

Thanks for the comments and criticisms, everyone!

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter 3 released!

You see Javelin, now you've experienced the criticism that made me. :')

(Also, I read the chapter. Great job. Unlike Walkazo, I'm not as good at spotting errors, but it was pretty enjoyable, so...!)

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu said:
i don't think this criticism is as harsh though

But that's because this is quality.

Dr. Javelin said:
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu said:
i don't think this criticism is as harsh though
Walkazo isn't particularly harsh, in my experiences.

The only way the negative criticism helped me was that it got me started making little bits of progress in hopes of making it stop, but then I found Walkazo and she helped me get better.

"Tabuu the asshole critic" is only a reality when I find something I heavily dislike, and even then, I'll make honest attempts to help.

Dr. Javelin said:

I have to concur with what was already said: It is a little hard to follow all the names and stuff. I think that might mostly be because there were six characters (plus teams) introduced over the span of three chapters, and not much time for each to develop individually. Once the story progresses, and we get some more time with the characters, the problem should remedy itself. That is, as long as there is a proper pacing and we will get the chance to know the characters that are already there before being introduced to new ones.

In any case, it is astounding just how useful LaReine is being. It is without a doubt unfathomable where the group would be right now without her continuous support and battle prowess. I am moved to tears. Shine on, your highness, shine on.

Charmander said:
In any case, it is astounding just how useful LaReine is being. It is without a doubt unfathomable where the group would be right now without her continuous support and battle prowess. I am moved to tears. Shine on, your highness, shine on.
La Reine has reached a new level in usefulness!

Level: British Royal Family

EDIT: also
Charmander said:
Once the story progresses, and we get some more time with the characters, the problem should remedy itself. That is, as long as there is a proper pacing and we will get the chance to know the characters that are already there before being introduced to new ones.
Yeah, I'm not planning on introing anyone else for a while.

She is probably just laying low out of curtesy, until the Garbodor really hits the Rotom, at which point she will reveal her true colors and starts decreeing royal smackdowns left and right.

After all, the Queen is the most powerful piece in chess, but using it recklessly will result in defeat.

Chapter 3 was really great. I d'awwwed at Anton;s plushie, and 2257 roar of time bulbasalad was quite amusing. Nice fast-paced battle. Sent my sign-up off to you, Javelin, so we'll see if it's alright.

Charmander said:
After all, the Queen is the most powerful piece in chess, but using it recklessly will result in defeat.
This is a deep psychological quote.

Okay, I've done a lot of editing and have got the main page of the fic looking quite nice! I added a tabber for easy navigation and sorting of the types of characters, and I've put up Anton and MCD's bios. Thanks to Edo for the yet again awesome sprites!
AntonBWSprite.png
MCDBWSprite.png

Also, that tabber glitch at the top of the page is really irritating. I know that feel, Tabuu.

(at least i don't have four error messages since i only have one tabber >_>)

That glitch should go away when we update in a few days.

Really? Good, because I was hoping to use more tabbers in the future for different parts of the story.

I was never angry about the tabber glitch because it came in at a time when PAviate itself was actually glitching out- as in, the story, in-universe, was beginning to glitch- the "fatal errors", the "file corruptions", that kinda stuff

except in reality, "fatal errors" would mean the program would irreparably destroy itself, or at least wipe the memory

it happened to my Gamecube memory card once, destroyed years of saved games

stupid corrupt Pokemon Colosseum disc

lol, you let your GameCube memory card try to repair itself?

when it says it's corrupted just turn off the system, blow the damn thing, and play again

I got so much false "corruption" errors

also

Dr. Javelin said:
except in reality, "fatal errors" would mean the program would irreparably destroy itself,
*ahem*

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu said:
lol, you let your GameCube memory card try to repair itself?

when it says it's corrupted just turn off the system, blow the damn thing, and play again

I got so much false "corruption" errors
happened to my superstar saga, but it was jut dust

okay so

i actually have managed to complete this latest chapter

i plan on uploading to userpedia asap

get excited or something

I'll totally read it.

But you better review P132.

Please review Project 132. Nobody's reading it.

I'm the only posting in the thread.

Please.

Back