Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition - STATUS: POSTPONED UNTIL POKEMON IS FUN

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: NEW - Chapter 13

Gabumon said:
Dr. Javelin said:
From this moment onwards, whenever Javelin and Walkazo have a Gym Battle, La Reine will be attacked by random Team Plasma people to spice up the story.

Well, the next gym is the electric type one, so you could probably just have her wander off and conquer the musicals or something. Like, use her to get the sidequest stuff out of the way, kind of like you did with the dreamyard.

Or Relic Castle and the Darmanitans, because Route 4 happens first.

The other option is to only show part of each battle: i.e. if the gym leader has two Pokemon, show one pf 'em being defeated by one trainer and then show the other Pokemon be defeated by the other trainer. The not-shown halves could then either be reflected upon by the trainers, or written off as curbstomps if you're really pressed for time or something.

Gabumon said:
Walkazo said:
But anyway, that's interesting. Usually the impression I get is that most fanfic readers want short stuff, and don't bother with 20+ chapters and 100,000+ word counts and whatnot -
You put your stuff on fanfiction.net, right? I think one of the main reasons why people avoid multi-chapter projects there is because their authors oftentimes have a habit of losing interest halfway through and abandoning them prematurely. That, and waiting for updates is tedious. Better to have it all in one go.
I used to always avoid in-progress stories for exactly that reason: nothing sucks more than getting involved in a story and then having it die on you. But I meant that even completed multi-chapter stories might scare readers off: you'd think folks browsing the archives would be less inclined to commit to a 200,000-word story than to a 2,000-word oneshot.

Champion Christmas said:
Or my character could appear.

*wink wink nudge nudge*
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NO SPOILERS ABOUT THE NIMABSA CITY CHAPTER

And yes, I was planning on making you appear then. Already made a character sprite for you, in fact.
Walkazo said:
The other option is to only show part of each battle: i.e. if the gym leader has two Pokemon, show one pf 'em being defeated by one trainer and then show the other Pokemon be defeated by the other trainer. The not-shown halves could then either be reflected upon by the trainers, or written off as curbstomps if you're really pressed for time or something.
I might do that for a couple, probably for the Gym Leaders I don't like. Such as Skyla. Although her Gym is just begging for me to poke fun at it. >_>

Gabumon said:
the musicals
this should be its own dedicated chapter and musical patton would be the best thing

and we can call it "The Pokemen"

Back