ATTN: Those who think SMG is overrated.

How did you play that game and not notice the storyline?

I sense a shitstorm

I would hardly call "I kidnapped the princess come get me" a story. Let's face it, SMG2 was literally called by the developers "SMG 1.5".

you say that like it's a good thing

this confuses me

Look, the last original game was SMG. You're gonna have to settle with crappy remakes and crappy sequels for a while now. This is just another game, though exploration was limited quite a lot.

Baby Luigi said:
Nabber, it's much easier to grab coins in Super Mario 64 required for 100 of them than 100 purple coins in Super Mario Galaxy. In Super Mario 64, all types of coins count towards getting the star but in Super Mario Galaxy, you have to collect specifically purple coins, which is often a menial task to do. Especially if you happen to die.

At least the Purple Coin challenges are generally easier than Super Mario Sunshine's 100 coin challenges; only Yellow Coins count toward your coin total, and the Shine Sprite doesn't appear directly above you.

theres a difference between thinking it sucks and not liking it, and just thinking its overrated

I dont think it deserves to be even close to being one of the best Mario games of all time. it felt so stale and the gravity gimmick was stupid. sunshine and 64 felt more real and there was much more exploring. I was expecting an experience just like it. galaxy was just "space. planets. oh look. another one!" that, and I finished it within a week. I felt like it was too easy. etc etc etc

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber, it's much easier to grab coins in Super Mario 64 required for 100 of them than 100 purple coins in Super Mario Galaxy. In Super Mario 64, all types of coins count towards getting the star but in Super Mario Galaxy, you have to collect specifically purple coins, which is often a menial task to do. Especially if you happen to die.

At least the Purple Coin challenges are generally easier than Super Mario Sunshine's 100 coin challenges; only Yellow Coins count toward your coin total, and the Shine Sprite doesn't appear directly above you.

Same with the Power Star appearing in Super Mario Galaxy, which increases the insane difficulty of Luigi's Purple Coins.

But you know what? I prefer purple coins over blue coins any day.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

Same with the Power Star appearing in Super Mario Galaxy, which increases the insane difficulty of Luigi's Purple Coins.

But you know what? I prefer purple coins over blue coins any day.

I prefer the collect-a-thon blue coins... Purple Coins suck.

It's not the collect-a thon that bugs me, it's how you acquire blue coins that is annoying. Seriously, the developers assume you know the game as much as they do, which is pretty damn bad gameplay if you ask me.

Majin Buu said:
It was more of an expansion pack than seqeul
I agree but I still a great game in my opinion.

Boidoh said:
I dont think any blue coins were really well-hidden and hard to find.

I agree. No blue coins were really well-hidden. They were just random, cryptic bullcrap places.

Because of the DIFFICULTY. Jesus Christ the game was way too easy. SM64 and SMW in my opinion were far superior to any other Mario game. They made you feel PROUD to beat the games. Making a game long does not necessarily make it difficult. When I first beat SMG...I simply felt like I wasted a month of my life.

An enjoyable game, just not as fun.

I thought SMG was very difficult in some places.

For me SMG was the hardest Mario game, i had 242 deaths when I finished the game at 100% .

Unicron said:
Because of the DIFFICULTY. Jesus Christ the game was way too easy. SM64 and SMW in my opinion were far superior to any other Mario game. They made you feel PROUD to beat the games. Making a game long does not necessarily make it difficult. When I first beat SMG...I simply felt like I wasted a month of my life.

An enjoyable game, just not as fun.

See... http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=20545.0

Clever level design>>>Difficulty

In which Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World still beats Super Mario Galaxy at.

Are you still talking about this because if you are I have 2 questions
1. WHY???????????????
2. What has this accomplished?

People Running About said:
Are you still talking about this because if you are I have 2 questions
1. WHY???????????????
2. What has this accomplished?

1. Why not?
2. Maybe posts?

Boidoh said:
I dont think any blue coins were really well-hidden and hard to find.

Noki Bay was clearly the pits when it came to Blue Coin hunting.

Anyway, I'm just happy that the Super Mario Galaxy titles didn't require you to go through wild goose chases, just to find one item. Heck, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, the Comet Medals are typically found in the first Star mission for each galaxy.

Baby Luigi said:
Clever level design>>>Difficulty

In which Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World still beats Super Mario Galaxy at.
Wait why are we comparing SMG to SMW?
I think that the level design in SMG was clever, just in a different way.

In my opinion, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more overrated than Super Mario Galaxy.

I prefer SMG over SMG2 though.

And besides, the whole SMG series is a total rip-off of SM64 and SMS combined together and space-themed do I have to say something else?

Back