Why NSMB is going downhill

Baby Luigi said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Also, another reason I don't like the bubble system is probably that I mostly completed NSMBW on my own in single player, and therefore had to start over whenever I died trying to get Star Coins, as opposed to when I played it at my friend's house in multiplayer, where even if they did die, the level would just continue, and they'd get the star coin anyway, which annoyed me.

That's a multiplayer thing, though. Unless you want it by Kirby's Return to Dreamland as if the player who plays as Pink Kirby dies, the level ends and you must restart from the last checkpoint.
That's why I hate player 1 advantages.

Players can easily take advantage of the Player 1 importance anyway

WAYS TO IMPROVE
1. Kill the bahs
2. Remix old music from SMW and stuff
3. Have another option of multiplayer (turns, SMB3 style) along with co-op
4. Remove Star Coins
5. Make the levels harder, like the originals
6. Lower 1-ups by one if you get more than 20 in one level. So 21st 1-up equals 19 lives, and after that 1-ups do nothing

And maybe more

NSY said:
That's the point the mulitplayer supposed to be crazy.

That's a poor excuse. Many great game designers say: A good game will have you feel your death was justified. If you die and it wasn't your fault, then there is something wrong with the game.

Sombrero Guy said:
WAYS TO IMPROVE
1. Kill the bahs Neatual
2. Remix old music from SMW and stuff YES
3. Have another option of multiplayer (turns, SMB3 style) along with co-op yes
4. Remove Star Coins no, as it adds replay value
5. Make the levels harder, like the originals yes, although difficulty is starting to rise again
6. Lower 1-ups by one if you get more than 20 in one level. So 21st 1-up equals 19 lives, and after that 1-ups do nothing maybe

And maybe more
^My views.
Koopaul said:
NSY said:
That's the point the mulitplayer supposed to be crazy.

That's a poor excuse. Many great game designers say: A good game will have you feel your death was justified. If you die and it wasn't your fault, then there is something wrong with the game.
But that's other peoples fault you know not the game's.

The bahs are fine, to me they made the Athletic theme better. Besides I like the effect where the enemies do something at a certain bah in the song.

Sombrero Guy said:
WAYS TO IMPROVE

I don't care what they do to improve it but please NO MORE REMIXES I just want one 2D platformer with it's own originial music.

NSMBU is by far the best of the bunch thanks to the fact that they actually tried. However, I would like to see more diverse 2D platformers.

Sombrero Guy said:
WAYS TO IMPROVE
1. Kill the bahs
4. Remove Star Coins
6. Lower 1-ups by one if you get more than 20 in one level. So 21st 1-up equals 19 lives, and after that 1-ups do nothing

And maybe more

Replaced the random 2 nobodies with Toad and Toadette

Sombrero Guy said:
WAYS TO IMPROVE
1. Kill the bahs
4. Remove Star Coins

And maybe more

You forgot to add "7.Improve the boss battles by improving the Koopalings and/or coming up with more new bosses and/or adding bosses from past Mario games (or better yet, have the whole Koopa family fought at once). However, I really agree with remixing music from past games such as Super Mario World(Use remixes of Road to Bowser or Super Mario Galaxy music) because I'm tired of hearing the New Super Mario Bros. Wii music. I also agree with not being too benevalent with the lives. Oh, what about Super Mario Bros. 2/Doki Doki Panic enemies and bosses returning along with Yoshi enemies.

How about really paying attention to the fact that the titles say NEW?

-NEW music.
-NEW graphic style.
-NEW bosses with NEW methods of defeating them.
-NEW features.
-NEW power-ups.
-NEW game modes.
-NEW moves.
-NEW story.

Come on, Miyamoto. You're a mastermind. It's not hard for you. You've done it before.

Anser said:

-NEW music.
-NEW graphic style.
-NEW features.
-NEW power-ups.
-NEW game modes.
-NEW moves.
-NEW story.

Come on, Miyamoto. You're a mastermind. It's not hard for you. You've done it before.

That is what I'm talking about. I'm neutral about the new game modes and new graphics style but we simply need more new bosses, more new ways to defeat bosses, more power ups, more new features and I wouldn't mind having a more unique story. You forgot to add new enemies though. (Also, I want to see enemies from SMB2 and SMW2:YI return.) I most especially agree on the new music. Honestly, if I have to hear NSMBW music one more time, I am going to scream. I also want SMW2:YI music, Road to Bowser from SM64 and the Airship Remix from SMG to return (the airship theme in SMG and SMW2:YI music is just way too underused.). Oh, and one last thing. I also want to see better defeat animations for bosses. I really want bosses to not just simply fall of the stage but fall into a pit of lava (NSMBU just flat out mocked me when the lava sunk before Iggy fell off the screen), vanish, or my personal favorite defeat animation for bosses: exploding! (Exploding bosses is just simply too epic. ;D)

Just saying, NSMBU was the best, but if they make another NSMB, I will explode. They could be producing the next 3D Mainstream Mario game then these reused style 5-minute games.

Xerneas said:
Just saying, NSMBU was the best, but if they make another NSMB, I will explode. They could be producing the next 3D Mainstream Mario game then these reused style 5-minute games.

I would love to see Ninendo make another Mario 3d game. (LOL You mentioned exploding in reply to my comment that said I would like to see bosses explode)

Anser said:

-NEW music.
-NEW graphic style.
-NEW features.
-NEW power-ups.
-NEW game modes.
-NEW moves.
-NEW story.

It's almost like he's too lazy to do it otherwise, but yeah agreed. Something new would be good, otherwise I desire another open 3d mario platformer.

Of course rpgs are good too, but that's irrelevant.

I know people hate it when this is said, but I'd love wario and waluigi to be playable characters..

Like in SMB2 Toad and Peach were playable and each character had it's own unique traits.. that was a big plus.. I know the makers of NSMB said that unique abilities would be too hard for them to pull off..but that's the problem they arn't even trying..

Also would it kill them to make the bosses more challenging? This has always been a problem is that all the bosses are just killed too easy with a simple 3 stomps..

Ghostony said:
Also would it kill them to make the bosses more challenging? This has always been a problem is that all the bosses are just killed too easy with a simple 3 stomps..

The Koopalings are usually at fault with these. They have the most underwhelming boss fights out of any bosses in the series.

I would want them to have an HP bar, but that would make in for a different style of fight. Send in some vehicles or weaponry to shoot at the bosses then.

Baby Luigi said:
Ghostony said:

The Koopalings are usually at fault with these. They have the most underwhelming boss fights out of any bosses in the series.

I would want them to have an HP bar, but that would make in for a different style of fight. Send in some vehicles or weaponry to shoot at the bosses then.
The Koopalings are the easiest bosses ever

Baby Luigi said:
Ghostony said:

1.You forgot to mention Boom-Boom. We all know that he's the most pathetic boss in the series.
2.Vehicles or weaponry? :-\ I hope the weapons are explosive, I want to see bosses explode! Well it wouldn't hurt to give bosses HP bars (I would really like that). Speaking of the Koopalings, I am tired of NSMBW styled fights. Why must they just stand in one place, fire pathetic projectiles, and then jump to another place? Well at least NSMBU took a few steps in the right direction because Iggy walked on the ceiling, Morton was behind a giant pokey most of the time, Ludwig got in the air and cloned himself, Lemmy threw giant bombs, and Wendy would skate around the place but still, that thing about getting hit the split second they come out of their shells needs to be gone and some of their past abilities need to return (spinning like a top without getting dizzy, Ludwig's ability to shake the ground, and spitting fireballs to name a few). Also, I want to see the return of upgraded regular enemies as bosses. NSMBU kind of did that with the giant Sumo Bro. boss but that's it, nothing else. Oh, and another thing: give the bosses more than three hits before falling off of the stage! Seriously, that's just pathetic! (Although the NSMBU final boss was awesome) Make that three hits five hits or something!

KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Ghostony said:

1.You forgot to mention Boom-Boom. We all know that he's the most pathetic boss in the series.
Insulting boom boom is a crime punishable by being banned on the wiki

Mega Morg said:
KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Ghostony said:

Insulting boom boom is a crime punishable by being banned on the wiki

Oh, Marshall Dan Troop. You and your messages.

Back