Why NSMB is going downhill

SKmarioman said:
I just played all the way through to the final boss in NSMB2, so I'm going to type up a short review of the game.

So yeah, it's a sign that Nintendo needs to come with a new innovative idea for a Mario game, like they did with SM64 and SMG.
2D series seldom show fewer dramatical changes than 3D series, so I don't expect too much, even though no chang is not good as well. And what I see is that both Galaxies and NSMBWii didn't make any debug of the story.

DonnyKD said:
Anser said:
New Super Mario Bros. is boring as hell and they never create something original. It's always a newer version of the last game, and that's why they all suck IN MY OPINION.

Too bad no one cares about your utterly invalid opinion.

Too bad you keep coming to ridiculous conclusions and that you acknowledge that you think opinions don't matter.

Look, by making posts like that, no one will care about invalid opinion too. Let him as his opinion.

As shoey is saying, it doesn't matter whether it's good or bad, people will still buy it.

However...

If they continue doing what they are doing, people will begin to stop buying it. Why buy NSMB2 when NSMB and NSMBW already used basically all the mechanics that NSMB2 copied? Yeah, they try to bring people back with stuff like "Golden game of coins", but they are the same darn thing over and over.

I plan on not buying New Super Mario Bros. 2 because I do feel like it would be a waste of 40 bucks, and probably the first Mario game I never really wanted. (Grant it, there are a rare few mario games I don't have but that's because of other reasons outside of my control.) If I want to play the game, all I have to do is watch a walkthrough online and then it'll be like I beat the game just by watching it.

While I rant, let me just say this: there's nothing to do when you beat the boss. And that's why these games are very unappealing to me, because it is basically a Highway: Straight path that really has nothing but going forward. They're great in small dosages, but Nintendo - IMO - is wasting time repopulating them, especially with two coming out in less than a year.

BMB said:
As shoey is saying, it doesn't matter whether it's good or bad, people will still buy it.

However...

If they continue doing what they are doing, people will begin to stop buying it. Why buy NSMB2 when NSMB and NSMBW already used basically all the mechanics that NSMB2 copied? Yeah, they try to bring people back with stuff like "Golden game of coins", but they are the same darn thing over and over.

I plan on not buying New Super Mario Bros. 2 because I do feel like it would be a waste of 40 bucks, and probably the first Mario game I never really wanted. (Grant it, there are a rare few mario games I don't have but that's because of other reasons outside of my control.) If I want to play the game, all I have to do is watch a walkthrough online and then it'll be like I beat the game just by watching it.

While I rant, let me just say this: there's nothing to do when you beat the boss. And that's why these games are very unappealing to me, because it is basically a Highway: Straight path that really has nothing but going forward. They're great in small dosages, but Nintendo - IMO - is wasting time repopulating them, especially with two coming out in less than a year.
So you don't count going back to pervious worlds and collecting missed star coins and hidden exits.

I just got the game (at midnight no less), and while I have to say it is fun, it feels exactly like the last game except I'm going for coins. And after a while, I just stopped caring about the coins, so it feels just like NSMB for the DS. It feels more like an expansion pack then a new game. I don't look at it with the wonder of a New Super Mario Bros game (New not as in NSMB, but as in another one since the Super Nintendo), but as "yay, more levels."

Yet, on its side, one thing I don't understand is how people say the 3D sucks. Sure, it doesn't add much, but it is good in the over world and makes the game look a bit sharper. People say it blurs the background, but that's actually to add a sense of depth. Have you ever been able to see something really far in the distance as if it were right next to you? Honestly?

Toad85 said:
DonnyKD, as you correctly recall, SMB2: USA did begin as a separate game. However, Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic was not planned for export, and was written off early on as a throwaway licensed game for a TV channel.

Worldwide, it was transformed into a completely separate game. Yes, they shared sprites, music, and a game engine, but SMB2: USA had its own characters, power-ups, story, bosses, and rules that made it distinct from YK: DDP. That alone, in my opinion, is enough to have SMB2: USA as a real Mario game.
Actually (if this is not what you're indicating) there was new information added to the wiki, that the game was originally conceived as a Mario game after all, though it was different as originally conceived (stacking things on vertical levels). It was eventually changed into what became DDP.

Pffft, I dismissed NSMB as a waste of time before it was cool to dismiss it as a waste of time. You bludgers are all a bunch of posers, I swear.

Marshal Dan Troop said:
Anser said:
New Super Mario Bros. is boring as hell and they never create something original. It's always a newer version of the last game, and that's why they all suck IN MY OPINION.
How many of them do you own or are planning on buying?

I own New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii and they are both extremely boring to me.

Cirdec said:
Boidoh said:
I get to kill my sister with incoming koopa shells.

If I do that to my sister she immediately stops playing.

haha lol Bro n Sis rivalry I get allot of that in Mario Kart.
I do agree its getting to repedative though, I really did want a new 3D Mario game to launch the Wii U that would of been less repedative and it could show off the console more.

Why am I the only one who plays cooperatively with my sister?

Boidoh said:
She throws me at bowser in the last stage, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

When in doubt pinky bubble out!

Baby Luigi said:
Why am I the only one who plays cooperatively with my sister?

I played with a friend once, after I beat the game. He hadn't started yet. We played Level 1 on mine. We both died about 20 times.

Boidoh said:
We worked together in most of World 8. In other words I only need co-op on hard levels. Like that lava flow one. My strategy for the star coins was jump and bubble and when I had to cross I crossed then made her bubble.

My sister and I play cooperatively in all levels. Doesn't matter if it's easy or not.

Baby Luigi said:
Boidoh said:
We worked together in most of World 8. In other words I only need co-op on hard levels. Like that lava flow one. My strategy for the star coins was jump and bubble and when I had to cross I crossed then made her bubble.

My sister and I play cooperatively in all levels. Doesn't matter if it's easy or not.

No fair, when I play this game with friends, it is a deathmatch who survive and kill other players

It isn't whether it's fair or not, it's that LGM and I are really, really close friends (probably one of the closest you can get since we're twin sisters) and that we prefer working together than competition.

Back