Why NSMB is going downhill

Ventus said:
Baby Luigi said:
Boidoh said:
We worked together in most of World 8. In other words I only need co-op on hard levels. Like that lava flow one. My strategy for the star coins was jump and bubble and when I had to cross I crossed then made her bubble.

My sister and I play cooperatively in all levels. Doesn't matter if it's easy or not.

No fair, when I play this game with friends, it is a deathmatch who survive and kill other players

Lol thats so true of my friends to, I always run ahead to kill them, it makes them really pissed haha

Boidoh said:
Theres no fun in co-oping the entire game.

Yes there is.

We're individuals. We like different things.

You like being competitive, we like being cooperative.

End.

Boidoh said:
I dont compete. Im teaching my sister to use reflexes (A button)

Or another way of saying "competition"

Well you co-oped only in World 8. I'm saying for the entire game.

Dude this thread is old,there was no point in bumping it.

Gummy said:
The Koopalings can be innovative in their fights; the problem is that Nintendo decided to make all of them "they jump around and shoot magic at you, jump on them 3 times."
See? This is exactly why the Koopalings need more notable abilities both old and new. I just wish Nintendo would just use them to their full potential. Their boss fights in New Super Mario Bros. 2 are quite dull. Come on Nintendo! What happened to spitting fireballs and actually moving around the screen?

True. Ever NSMB game has that very same smooth flat plastic look to them, while the Galaxy series tried all kinds of new textures. Furry, rusty, grassy, it was all so beautiful. It's like they didn't even try to make the games atmospheric.

Anyway one of the big problems is that the multiplayer is incredibly flawed by design. You constantly get in each others way, accidentally bumping into people and causing their deaths.

Koopaul said:
Anyway one of the big problems is that the multiplayer is incredibly flawed by design. You constantly get in each others way, accidentally bumping into people and causing their deaths.
That's the point the mulitplayer supposed to be crazy.

That's where the bubble comes in. LGM and I love to spam that bubble.

Why? Is it because it's kinda cheap?

Personally, the bubble system is fantastic for me because it lets less skilled players drop out when it gets tough.

I found it cheap at times, but it's a funny type of cheap in multilayer.

The thing I don't like about it is that it allows you to do things like jump into a pit to get a star coin, and have no consequences (that's the only example I can think of right now, but there are probably other things too). If I ever get to play NSMBU multiplayer, I am so going to be the Gamepad, so that I can pop them whenever I feel the need to.

Epic Nitwit said:
The thing I don't like about it is that it allows you to do things like jump into a pit to get a star coin, and have no consequences (that's the only example I can think of right now, but there are probably other things too)

They could make the Star Coin act like the coins in Rayman Origins: once you get it, you must stay alive for a certain amount of time before it counts towards your score or whatever.

But they didn't. What a design flaw.

That would actually be much better. Shame they didn't do that.

Also, another reason I don't like the bubble system is probably that I mostly completed NSMBW on my own in single player, and therefore had to start over whenever I died trying to get Star Coins, as opposed to when I played it at my friend's house in multiplayer, where even if they did die, the level would just continue, and they'd get the star coin anyway, which annoyed me.

Epic Nitwit said:
Also, another reason I don't like the bubble system is probably that I mostly completed NSMBW on my own in single player, and therefore had to start over whenever I died trying to get Star Coins, as opposed to when I played it at my friend's house in multiplayer, where even if they did die, the level would just continue, and they'd get the star coin anyway, which annoyed me.

That's a multiplayer thing, though. Unless you want it by Kirby's Return to Dreamland as if the player who plays as Pink Kirby dies, the level ends and you must restart from the last checkpoint.

Back