The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Huh, welcome here as well Quizmelon!
And welcome Nintendonette, Lightfawful, Cardboard Tube Knight and WeirdRaptor, I hope you will all have a nice stay here!

Sunshine Yoshi said:
WeirdRaptor said:
What's your history with the series?
Back in 2009, I got a Wii for Christmas with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Mario Kart Wii. This was my first Nintendo console, and by extension my first video game console ever. Later, I got New Super Mario Bros. Wii, the game that truly started my obsession with Mario. I also got Super Mario Galaxy 2, a game that remains to this day my absolute favorite game of all time. I got other games too, but those were the ones that really stood out to me.

In 2013, I got a Wii U for Christmas. This was the deluxe version that came with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U. I also got Super Mario 3D World the same day. All three of them are broken and no longer work on my Wii U, but they were a load of fun while they lasted. Later on, I also got Mario Kart 8, Smash Wii U, Captain Toad, and Yoshi's Woolly World, among others.

I got a DS in 2010, but I was little and my parents would only get me edutainment games. So I never got a taste of handheld Mario until 2014, when I got my 3DS. My 3DS came with a digital copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, and I got Mario Golf: World Tour the same day. I later got other games like Mario Tennis Open, the 3DS Mario Parties, and the 3DS Mario & Luigi games. In fact, just a couple days ago I bought Super Mario 3D Land, and have had a load of fun with it.

On Christmas 2017, I got a Switch. Among other games, I got Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I love Mario Odyssey and recently completed it 100%. But ever since then? Nintendo's been porting a load of Wii U games to it, to the point it could be called "Wii U Portable". So few other games have captured my interest.

And now? I'm trying to get every Mario platformer in existence. I bought 3D Land a couple days ago, so I guess that's a start. I've also been trying to get other games like NSMBDS, SM64DS, Mario Galaxy 1, Mario All-Stars, Mario World, and particularly the elusive Sunshine. I also plan to get Mario Land, its sequel, and Mario Run eventually.
So I am speaking to someone whose frame of reference for what is Mario is very different from mine. I grew up when Mario was still a Brooklyn plumber and had a deep voice.

Uh...I don't think I ever introduced myself on here. Here goes!

I'm Moldomré! My real name is Tim. I've been a fan of Nintendo ever since my cousin showed me Super Mario Bros. 3 at one Thanksgiving (I'm American, obviously). After that I played Super Mario 63, a fangame, then we bought a Wii soon after. Even now I still pick up Gamecube games for it if I see one at a good price. Several years later, we bought a 2DS, and later that year, a Wii U. I remember being shocked at how amazing it looked. Last year, I went to the superstore Target as often as I could to play the Nintendo Switch demo. Finally, in May of this year, we finally bought the Switch. Only five games so far, but we're definitely adding a sixth in December, if you get what I'm referring to. I've played only one big PC game, Minecraft. I actually have a successful Legend of Zelda resource pack for it as well, but that's about the only reason that I play it anymore.

Anyways, that's it! Hope you enjoyed my little story!

Well, welcome then. Hopefully even the people here will match your expectations.

hi i'm recent* , i'm brazillian and my favorite mcdonalds burger is the quarter pounder. every time i go there i order a double quarter pounder with large fries and a large OJ. i honestly prefer burger king more but there is no bk chain in my city.

also my favorite mario game is nsmbds

*(no really thats my username, i'll request a name change soon)

Nathan Croft said:
Hello, my fellow Italian plumbers. It feels good to find a forum site after my own heart.
Wow, seems like you already love us just for what we are about! Welcome!
Birdomatic said:
hi i'm recent* , i'm brazillian and my favorite mcdonalds burger is the quarter pounder. every time i go there i order a double quarter pounder with large fries and a large OJ. i honestly prefer burger king more but there is no bk chain in my city.

also my favorite mario game is nsmbds

*(no really thats my username, i'll request a name change soon)
Quarter Pounder is my favorite as well, since when it was called McRoyal! I hope you'll have a nice stay here!

Hi I'm the newest member of the community. I started playing Mario Bros around 1995. Playing this game brings back good memories to me. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
France at Home is an online French Supermarket that sells French products such as bread, appetizers, cheese, jams, foie gras, condiments, shampoo, saucisson, french mustard, and French bread. France At Home offers new & quality French food because it imports products from France then deliver directly to your doorstep.

Franz123 said:
Hi I'm the newest member of the community. I started playing Mario Bros around 1995. Playing this game brings back good memories to me. :)
Wow, you've been playing for quite some time! Welcome!

Welcome to the boards Parakoopa144!

Back