The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Lightfawful said:
I’m lightfawful I just joined

I love the Mario and Luigi series
My favorite game of the series is bowsers inside story

Welcome to the community--even though I'm new like you. It's pretty nice and friendly in here. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Nintendonette said:
Greetings, everyone so I thought I should introduce myself properly as a new member so here we go! My name is Nintendonette, currently twenty years old--Pleased to make your acquaintance. Let's try to get along well. I really look forward to become a part of this wonderful, huge community. I've been a big fan of Mario ever since I was young--basically it's a huge part of my life.
Welcome!

ArthurEngine said:
Nintendonette said:
Greetings, everyone so I thought I should introduce myself properly as a new member so here we go! My name is Nintendonette, currently twenty years old--Pleased to make your acquaintance. Let's try to get along well. I really look forward to become a part of this wonderful, huge community. I've been a big fan of Mario ever since I was young--basically it's a huge part of my life.
Welcome!
Thank you very much!

Nintendonette said:
Welcome to the forums, Nintendonette! Hope you enjoy it here!

Lightfawful said:

Get real, Dream Team is the best Welcome to the forums, Lightfawful!

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Nintendonette said:
Welcome to the forums, Nintendonette! Hope you enjoy it here!

Lightfawful said:

Get real, Dream Team is the best Welcome to the forums, Lightfawful!
Thank you very much!

Welcome to all Newcomers. Enjoy your stay here.

Cardboard Tube Knight said:
I guess it goes without saying that I am new here. This is my hello. Hello.
So is your name a coincidence with the Shovel Knight fad or was that on purpose? Anyway, welcome to you and all the other new people!

Hi, I am the Strange Avian, and I have found new roosting grounds. I've been a Mario fan since I was 4 years old (32 now), ever since I first played the original NES Super Mario Brothers on my Cousin's console. I've had a long history with the series but I've stuck through it through the good times and bad times. I've never really tried joining a Mario fan site before, but I'm open to anything.

So, Hi, guys!

WeirdRaptor said:
Hi, I am the Strange Avian, and I have found new roosting grounds. I've been a Mario fan since I was 4 years old (32 now), ever since I first played the original NES Super Mario Brothers on my Cousin's console. I've had a long history with the series but I've stuck through it through the good times and bad times. I've never really tried joining a Mario fan site before, but I'm open to anything.

So, Hi, guys!
Have you played every mainstream game in the series?

Anyway, welcome to the forums, WeirdRaptor!

Sunshine Yoshi said:
WeirdRaptor said:

So, Hi, guys!

As in the platformers?
I've played the Super Mario Bros trilogy on the NES
Super Mario World
SMW 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Odyssey
I've attempted "Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels" many years ago, and while I did manage to muscle my way pretty far into it, I gave up because it just wasn't fun.

I've also played
The first three Mario Kart games
The two original Mario Land games
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
All of the Paper Mario games

The "New Super Mario Bros" games have eluded me so far, but I'm working on it. Yes, I know, I bring dishonor upon my whole family. ;)

WeirdRaptor said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
WeirdRaptor said:

So, Hi, guys!

As in the platformers?
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Odyssey
I've attempted "Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels" many years ago, and while I did manage to muscle my way pretty far into it, I gave up because it just wasn't fun.

I've also played

The "New Super Mario Bros" games have eluded me so far, but I'm working on it. Yes, I know, I bring dishonor upon my whole family. ;)
The NSMB games are actually very underrated. I haven't played the original, and NSMB2 is often seen as the weakest in the NSMB series. However, NSMBW is truly great, and NSMBU is, in my opinion, the best 2D Mario platformer. I think all four are worth getting, although I'm still trying to get the original DS one.

You should also try 3D Land and 3D World. Those are some seriously good games. They're like the NSMB games, but better because they're 3D. 3D Land is one of the best 3DS games out there, and 3D World is the best Wii U exclusive, bar none.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
WeirdRaptor said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
WeirdRaptor said:

So, Hi, guys!

As in the platformers?
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Odyssey

I've also played

The NSMB games are actually very underrated. I haven't played the original, and NSMB2 is often seen as the weakest in the NSMB series. However, NSMBW is truly great, and NSMBU is, in my opinion, the best 2D Mario platformer. I think all four are worth getting, although I'm still trying to get the original DS one.

You should also try 3D Land and 3D World. Those are some seriously good games. They're like the NSMB games, but better because they're 3D. 3D Land is one of the best 3DS games out there, and 3D World is the best Wii U exclusive, bar none.
I will try to get my hands on the NSMB and 3D Land games, if my finances allow for it. A large portion of my game collection are usually Birthday and Christmas presents, because God knows I can't afford most of them, myself.

Oh, and I forget a couple of games for my list of "played games."
The first four Mario Party games.

What's your history with the series?

WeirdRaptor said:
What's your history with the series?
Back in 2009, I got a Wii for Christmas with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Mario Kart Wii. This was my first Nintendo console, and by extension my first video game console ever. Later, I got New Super Mario Bros. Wii, the game that truly started my obsession with Mario. I also got Super Mario Galaxy 2, a game that remains to this day my absolute favorite game of all time. I got other games too, but those were the ones that really stood out to me.

In 2013, I got a Wii U for Christmas. This was the deluxe version that came with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U. I also got Super Mario 3D World the same day. All three of them are broken and no longer work on my Wii U, but they were a load of fun while they lasted. Later on, I also got Mario Kart 8, Smash Wii U, Captain Toad, and Yoshi's Woolly World, among others.

I got a DS in 2010, but I was little and my parents would only get me edutainment games. So I never got a taste of handheld Mario until 2014, when I got my 3DS. My 3DS came with a digital copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, and I got Mario Golf: World Tour the same day. I later got other games like Mario Tennis Open, the 3DS Mario Parties, and the 3DS Mario & Luigi games. In fact, just a couple days ago I bought Super Mario 3D Land, and have had a load of fun with it.

On Christmas 2017, I got a Switch. Among other games, I got Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I love Mario Odyssey and recently completed it 100%. But ever since then? Nintendo's been porting a load of Wii U games to it, to the point it could be called "Wii U Portable". So few other games have captured my interest.

And now? I'm trying to get every Mario platformer in existence. I bought 3D Land a couple days ago, so I guess that's a start. I've also been trying to get other games like NSMBDS, SM64DS, Mario Galaxy 1, Mario All-Stars, Mario World, and particularly the elusive Sunshine. I also plan to get Mario Land, its sequel, and Mario Run eventually.

Back