Games that get too much love/hate

Topic title.

I think the Galaxy series gets to much love. I like them, but they aren't SO amazing.

Also, Super Paper Mario gets too much hate. It's still a good game.

In a way, but it still IS good. You wanna know what gets TOO much love? SMB3, SMW, PM, PM:TTYD.

People act like NOTHING can beat those games. SMB3 was kinda boring IMO, SMW was much better, but people act like nothing can beat those games, and I actually found SMS to be MORE fun that ALL of those. PM people say "it has a lot of replay value", but yet the game cant be continued after the final boss, I think its the same with PM:TTYD.

The game that gets too much hate is SPM and SMS.

Well the mario tennis series gets way to much hatefulness i mean like its not really that bad its actually pretty good

people need to stop haterizin' on my mario golf

Mario golf i think that series isn't that bad its good and what about the mario party series people hate that but i think it is pretty good

Boidoh said:
In a way, but it still IS good. You wanna know what gets TOO much love? SMB3, SMW, PM, PM:TTYD.

People act like NOTHING can beat those games. SMB3 was kinda boring IMO, SMW was much better, but people act like nothing can beat those games, and I actually found SMS to be MORE fun that ALL of those. PM people say "it has a lot of replay value", but yet the game cant be continued after the final boss, I think its the same with PM:TTYD.

The game that gets too much hate is SPM and SMS.

How dare you??? SMB3 was a masterpiece! Besides, I haven't seen many people playing it or talking about it! Also, the enemies introduced in SMB3 get so much hate!

Also, Super Mario World's enemies have the same problem as SMB3's... But yeah, there's alot of playthroughs of it.

Super Mario Sunshine gets alot of love, considering I see alot of playthroughs for it.

Well, I thought I was the ONLY one who hated SPM because you all kept ganging up on me on the "Unpopular Opinions" topic. But yeah, I agree.

Mario Tennis for the N64 gets alot of hate, I actually thought it was fun but I'm confused about how Shy Guy is considered a "Technique" character.

But Mario Power Tennis gets alot of love for Diddy Kong and Overrated Petey Piranha being playable, seriously???

I thought this topic was on Marioverse, not Video Games?

By the way, yeah. Kingdom Hearts gets alot of love.

Oh. I was just paying attention to the title of the topic.

Hmm... I think Mario Strikers Charged gets a lot of hate. I actually really like that game.

I agree... I haven't seen Mario Strikers being mentioned in some Mario websites I go.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Hmm... I think Mario Strikers Charged gets a lot of hate. I actually really like that game.

I've never seen hate for that game at all.

On-Topic. I think the Mario and Sonic Olympic Games is hated more then it should be. It's true that they're not really the best games, and the novelty of it being an official crossover between Mario and Sonic sort of wore thin when the 2nd game came out. But they're truly not the worst games and they treat both series fairly well.

Any spin-off game not named Mario Kart gets WAY TOO MUCH HATE.

Any platformer gets too much love.

Too much love: Super Mario Bros. 3

Too much hate: All three of the Olympic Games...games

Super Mario Bros. 3 getting too much love? You guys must be kidding, Super Mario Bros. 3 isn't mentioned that much in Mario websites I go!

Super Mario Bros. gets far more love than SMB3!

Smasher said:
Too much love: Super Mario Bros. 3

I agree with this so much. I have nothing against SMB3, I think it's an overall great game... it's just so overrated. Honestly, Super Mario World was by far better, and Super Mario Bros. 2 was also a better game.

For much hate, I'm going to have to say Super Mario Sunshine. Yeah, sure, it was critically acclaimed, but people hate over some aspects of the game. Seriously, what was so bad about FLUDD that people seem to dislike it? :?

SMS is a okay game, but FLUDD's voice is very... ugh...

Hated Super Mario Sunshine, Hated Super Mario Bros: Lost levels, Hated Super Mario Galaxy, Hated Donkey Kong Country, Hated Super Mario Bros. therefore all of those games get to much love because i'm always right and everyone else can just deal with it

To me I thought Donkey Kong Country returns got some hate to it. Mainly because not enough Animal buddies, Kongs and no Kritters and enemies from the other Donkey Kong Countries

I love the game so much! It is my first DK game so it doesn't matter to me

YoshiGo99 said:
To me I thought Donkey Kong Country returns got some hate to it. Mainly because not enough Animal buddies, Kongs and no Kritters and enemies from the other Donkey Kong Countries

I love the game so much! It is my first DK game so it doesn't matter to me
All Donkey Kong Country games are overrated (except 3) there basically just average platformers with insanely difficult levels

Plunderbird said:
Hated Super Mario Sunshine, Hated Super Mario Bros: Lost levels, Hated Super Mario Galaxy, Hated Donkey Kong Country, Hated Super Mario Bros. therefore all of those games get to much love because i'm always right and everyone else can just deal with it

How is Lost Levels overrated? Not many people play it (difficulty is not a excuse).

Snifit said:
Plunderbird said:

How is Lost Levels overrated? Not many people play it (difficulty is not a excuse).
It's overrated because people think it's better then the original SMB2 when it's not it's a terrible game that's little more then a update of SMB.

Snifit said:
I agree... I haven't seen Mario Strikers being mentioned in some Mario websites I go.
To me mostly compared with Basball games, the system of Football is not as diversible as normal team games.
Pandapowah said:
Mario Party games get too much hate but they are pretty fun to me.
It seemed that Party 8 was redeemed lack of playablity in face of 7, and 9 was obviously for that Toadette was excluded.

YoshiGo99 said:
It was to exclude all characters from past DK games to simplify the game, so it's the next DK game we have to hate if it would still keep the same.

Snifit said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 getting too much love? You guys must be kidding, Super Mario Bros. 3 isn't mentioned that much in Mario websites I go!

Not being mentioned much =/= not being loved. SMB3 has been called one of the greatest games of all time on multiple occasions. Personally I didn't enjoy it much at all.

Back