Snifit said:
How is Smasher's name based on Yoshi's?

it isn't but

Smasher101.png

there's this

Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:
Bump

Okay, I don't hate ALL the Yoshi's. I like the species but not Yoshi himself.

I still hate the species. There's like little to no variation besides color.

Besides, they take up *boop*ing character slots in the games.
Have you ever seen a rainbow Yoshi it's 38 feet tall and it breaths Ice and fire at the same time...also it wears a fez

Yoko Littner said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS HAVE YOU ALL NOTICED MOST OF THE USER CHARACTERS ARE YOSHIES?
just pointing that out.
Uh, if you mean that Yoshi is pupular, it's a truth and I like him too.
The problem is among all main characters, do the staff really give him too many spotlights while fans didn't get it? They're two different things.

Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:
Bump

Have you ever seen a rainbow Yoshi it's 38 feet tall and it breaths Ice and fire at the same time...also it wears a fez

No

Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:
Bump

No
Oh well their pretty awesome

Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:
Bump

No
Oh well their pretty awesome

They would be awesome. But they had to be a Yoshi, so they're not awesome.

SupahMario25 said:
Yoshi is like Medicine ''You iver hate it or love it'' ...or addicted to it.

Except Yoshi does not benefit my body in any way whereas medicine does have the potential to aid my body

Baby Luigi said:
SupahMario25 said:

Except Yoshi does not benefit my body in any way whereas medicine does have the potential to aid my body
So it's really more like Marmite.

Baby Luigi said:
SupahMario25 said:

Little know fact eating the skin of a Yoshi cures Polio

Nearly 6 years have passed and I think Yoshi is more overrated than ever. Games like Mario and Rabbids and Super Mario Odyssey have absolutely no problem shoving the dinosaur in with barely any context. Literally, Beep-o said that Yoshi was famous the moment he came in. Not to mention that Mario Party 10 once had Daisy in the debug builds as Player 4 but marketing shenanigans changed that to be Yoshi.

Debug

Mario-Party-10-Debug-Screen-2.png

Marketing

Mario_Party_10-titlescreen.png

I think Yoshi is a little overrated. I quite like him, but he's not even close to the top of my favourite characters list. Personally, I find him quite sweet and the noises he makes funny (Apart from some of the ones in Odyssey which sound like he's trying to metamorphose into a cat), and I do find woolly Yoshis absolutely adorable, but I think he gets the spotlight a bit too much. The games he appears in usually underuse him, but still make a big feature of him anyway, and to be honest, there isn't really anything that seems that special about him, he really just seems as generic as a Toad. I think he's an OK character, but he's definitely overrated.

BBQ Turtle said:
(Apart from some of the ones in Odyssey which sound like he's trying to metamorphose into a cat)
I'd characterize that as a cat trying to give birth.

once people make that proper connection, maybe hopefully they'll be closer to hating Yoshi

I guess when a lot of people like Yoshi, it's hard to argue on the contrary. I am neutral on this because I feel that Yoshi isn't the most popular Mario character (that would go to Luigi), and personally speaking, Yoshi didn't have much personality even compared to Mario (who has a lot of it) so it's not easy to care for that.

Thank you for reading.

So some Mario characters are more popular than others and get more attention in games?

Isn't that case with everything ever? I don't see why Yoshi has to be targeted specifically here.

Yoshi is really overhyped, let's face it. And he only gets away with it because he is seen as cute.

I like Yoshi, but out of all the characters people pick as a pfp or ''theme'' or ''gimmick'' in mario related stuff , it's always yoshi, blue yoshi , red yoshi, etc etc etc

People are suckers for cute things.

It's the less nefarious version of people who think with their loins.

I'm not against anyone for liking characters because they're "cute"

I mean, I speak for myself.

Back