Do you really think Yoshi is overrated?

Is Yoshi overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
Tatanga said:
A 'yes' and a 'no' option on the poll would have sufficed.

I totally agree. Define what "Smasher of the Mario series" is. If a poll option had to be defined, then it shouldn't be a poll. It shouldn't be so overly vague like that.

Baby Luigi said:
Tatanga said:
A 'yes' and a 'no' option on the poll would have sufficed.

I totally agree. Define what "Smasher of the Mario series" is. If a poll option had to be defined, then it shouldn't be a poll. It shouldn't be so overly vague like that.
I also agree.

MnSG said:
Yoshi may have gotten a good number of appearances on the box arts, but in the games, he's stuck on the sidelines, and is never even treated as an actual story character.
Even though Yoshi himself isn't a story character, he still appears in mainstream games as a rideable tool. He's already much luckier than many other spinoff regulars.

And rather than those who should appear to save Peach (Daisy, Toadette etc), Yoshi himself isn't doing with the stories as he's not a member of Mushrrom Kingdom. Honestly it's not a fair thing.

Baby Luigi said:
To sum it up, Nintendo likes Yoshi because of the money he brings in and satisfying the vast amount of Yoshi fans in terms of fanservice which probably says a lot.
I'm not sure if money is the rule the staff respect. If they do, they should put directly stress on Yoshi and give him a story in mainstream games (or devote to Yoshi series), or it doesn't work for all characters.

I dont think he's overrated. People like him for their own reasons. I like him because he's always been the most interesting character in the series for me.

Really Crackin? But Yoshi stole all the attention of the characters, also there are countless fanarts of Yoshi everywhere. However, in every forum I go. I see people with Yoshi in their display names, signatures or avatars. But It's okay if the Yoshi isn't green because it might be the one who's named after his species.

Snifit said:
Really Crackin? But Yoshi stole all the attention of the characters, also there are countless fanarts of Yoshi everywhere. However, in every forum I go. I see people with Yoshi in their display names, signatures or avatars. But It's okay if the Yoshi isn't green because it might be the one who's named after his species.

He stole the attention because people like him. He's popular for a reason.

Yeah, I understand Yoshi gets coins when he eats a enemy for you in SMW. But still, you only get 1 coin.

Snifit said:
Yeah, I understand Yoshi gets coins when he eats a enemy for you in SMW. But still, you only get 1 coin.

He shit out star bits, he can eat everything, he makes cute noises, he can float in mid-air for a short time, he can be used as a sacrifice to reach your goal. Of course, people might not like him because he's always getting attention, but it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

Crackin355 said:
Snifit said:

He *bleep* out star bits, he can eat everything, he makes cute noises, he can float in mid-air for a short time, he can be used as a sacrifice to reach your goal. Of course, people might not like him because he's always getting attention, but it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

That's subjective

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Snifit said:

He *bleep* out star bits, he can eat everything, he makes cute noises, he can float in mid-air for a short time, he can be used as a sacrifice to reach your goal. Of course, people might not like him because he's always getting attention, but it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

That's subjective

Yeah I was waiting for that to happen.

LOL, that's funny. Expecting me to come and counter-argue every reason Yoshi is great.

But I can't argue if Yoshi is cute or not. Or if Yoshi makes cute noises or if Yoshi is cool. Because that entirely depends on personal taste.

People have different tastes and opinions. If a noise is cute to you, others might find it annoying.

By the way, I knew Baby Luigi was going to pipe in when Crackin said that earlier.

Snifit said:
People have different tastes and opinions. If a noise is cute to you, people might find it annoying.

Hell, I got annoyed by noise Baby Luigi makes when he gets me in Mario Kart Wi and he certainly paid for it! :mad:

I agree. However, I used to be a Yoshi fan. But I'm just starting to dislike him even more.

Snifit said:
I agree. However, I used to be a Yoshi fan. But I'm just starting to dislike him even more.

Why are you starting to dislike him?

Why? Because Nintendo pratically shoves him over every character they've made so far. I'm also tired of him getting countless fanarts while the other characters get less fanarts. I mean, Clubbas and Spikes nearly have no fanart whatsoever... Yoshi? He got like 99999999999 fanarts.

Besides, no matter what website related to Mario/non-related I go, Yoshi is on everyone's avatars, display names, signatures, or in some pictures.

EVERYWHERE, EVERYWHERE, EVERYWHERE.

It is quite disturbing when Yoshi's presence on the box arts is overrated, and yet in the games themselves, he's actually underappreciated. At least make Yoshi be more common to use, and along the way, actually make him be part of the main story.

GUYS GUYS GUYS HAVE YOU ALL NOTICED MOST OF THE USER CHARACTERS ARE YOSHIES?

just pointing that out.

Yoko Littner said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS HAVE YOU ALL NOTICED MOST OF THE USER CHARACTERS ARE YOSHIES?

just pointing that out.

Yoshidude99
YoshiGo
New Super Yoshi
Yoshiwalker
Smasher
MnSG

Just to name a few

How is Smasher's name based on Yoshi's?

By the way, Anser has Yoshi on his avatar, of course.

Bump

Okay, I don't hate ALL the Yoshi's. I like the species but not Yoshi himself.

Snifit said:
Bump

Okay, I don't hate ALL the Yoshi's. I like the species but not Yoshi himself.

I still hate the species. There's like little to no variation besides color.

Besides, they take up *boop*ing character slots in the games.

Back