Pikmin 3

Well damn. Now I'm fully expecting there to be an eigth Pikmin type.

Really not sure what other hazards that it could be resistant too. Lava? Too close to fire. Acid? Kinda like poison.

Of course, could be like a Purple or Rock and not have a resistance.

Perhaps it would be resistant against being blown away by Blowhogs and the like? Or possibly resitance against Wind naturally found in the overworld? I have no idea, but something like that would be cool.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Perhaps it would be resistant against being blown away by Blowhogs and the like? Or possibly resitance against Wind naturally found in the overworld? I have no idea, but something like that would be cool.
I think Rocks kinda already do that, since they don't get pushed around or something as much.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Purples already have that immunity in Pikmin 2; makes sense since they are slow, heavy and powerful lol
I think Rocks should have this immunity as well.

I'm kind of hoping they make more dungeons like Submerged Castle; being able to only bring 1 type of Pikmin was a nice idea while having to deal with all hazard added to the challenge. A timer for a scary boss like the Waterwraith on each floor isn't needed though. XP

Well, the magenta Pikmin could easily bypass large abyss and reach the other end. Another potential obstacle could be bomb rocks again, but I doubt we'll see those again. Wind could be an aiding hazard as there can be windy areas that you need to use to increase air time for pikmin via to reach new areas.

My guess is that if there is a 8th Pikmin, it's going to be a illuminating type. One that glows naturally in dark places. Based on what has been presented, there are a lot of dark areas in the game, so it would make sense to have Pikmin that can aid in dark.

Xerneas said:
Well, the magenta Pikmin could easily bypass large abyss and reach the other end. Another potential obstacle could be bomb rocks again, but I doubt we'll see those again. Wind could be an aiding hazard as there can be windy areas that you need to use to increase air time for pikmin via to reach new areas.

My guess is that if there is a 8th Pikmin, it's going to be a illuminating type. One that glows naturally in dark places. Based on what has been presented, there are a lot of dark areas in the game, so it would make sense to have Pikmin that can aid in dark.
I miss the bomb rocks.

But the illuminating idea is actually really cool. I'd still like them to have something else, like the ability to stun certain enemies when thrown on their eyes, just to make them more than just a flashlight.

Ghirahim said:
But the illuminating idea is actually really cool. I'd still like them to have something else, like the ability to stun certain enemies when thrown on their eyes, just to make them more than just a flashlight.
Didn't the Purple Pikmin already do this in Pikmin 2, though?

Chiaki Nanami said:
Ghirahim said:
Didn't the Purple Pikmin already do this in Pikmin 2, though?
I guess you could consider that a stun, but I mean more so like they can't see where they're going (as if they just got blinded with light).

Personally though, I'd say that would be way too overpowered if a Pikmin had that ability. Pikmin is a game series with limited attack power against formidable foes. That is how I would like Pikmin 3 to be as well: many formidable foes with an army of Pikmin who aren't really overpowered at all.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Personally though, I'd say that would be way too overpowered if a Pikmin had that ability. Pikmin is a game series with limited attack power against formidable foes. That is how I would like Pikmin 3 to be as well: many formidable foes with an army of Pikmin who aren't really overpowered at all.
True, but it would be underpowered if it just glowed. Maybe something else could be done, like give it a higher attack power.

Rock Pikmin seem to be resistant to wind attacks and can break crystal objects and armor. However, it looks like they can't latch onto enemies, so I doubt they'll be able to stun them (in that one trailer, they simply bounce off the Spotty Bulbear). I think it'd be cool if they introduced spiked enemies into the series or shelled enemies. Like, for example, being able to crack/break a Burrow-nit's shell immediately instead of having to wait to attack it in the face.

Are they gonna make the difficulty like Pikmin 1? Pikmin 2 was fun but after a while the no time limit thing made it feel like the game dragged on and I almost lost interest. Pikmin 1 keeps you interested becuase you have a time limit and you had to get all thirty ship parts in order to beat it. I hope they bring back Emperor Bulblax, that boss battle was so epic and it took me quite a few weeks to figure out how to beat him.

This is beginning to become like Skyward Sword. "SS will come out no later than 2010." Ha. Probably taking so long because Miyamoto is trying to make changes like a time limit on the production crew, halting progress...

I'm really hoping they announce a May release date, but that's just becoming less and less unlikely.

So, about this new news, my guess is either:

1. Captain D has been scrapped. Only 3 captains now.

2. There are still 4 captains but Captain D just serves a huge plot purpose and you don't get him until later in the game or something like that so Miyamoto doesn't want to reveal anything and is saying "3".

The 1st is more likely, though.

But I'm still happy they are returning the time limit. :D

Virion said:
I'm really hoping they announce a May release date, but that's just becoming less and less unlikely.

2. There are still 4 captains but Captain D just serves a huge plot purpose and you don't get him until later in the game or something like that so Miyamoto doesn't want to reveal anything and is saying "3".

I doubt they would announce the release date one month before.

Cirdec said:
Virion said:

Yeah I know, but that seems around the time of Q2 like they said.

I'm just sick of waiting for it.

Virion said:
Cirdec said:
Virion said:

Yeah I know, but that seems around the time of Q2 like they said.

I'm just sick of waiting for it.

I would be a lot more ok with it if they would give us a solid release date. But they just keep delaying and delaying.

Usually games come out either between March-May or September-December.

So I'm guessing that Pikmin has been pushed back to fall of this upcoming year. How sad.

I actually didn't mind the time limit. I just think that the day time limit is enough of a limit. I want to feel like exploring the place is safe, and not something I can't really enjoy trying to get the collection done. That's what I enjoyed about Pikmin 2.

I like the time limit but I also liked the free exploration as well. Establishing some sort of a time-limit is good though because after getting everything in pikmin 2, the game started to feel old realy quick. Pikmin 1 has more of an arcade feel to it. So every playthrough you got better at it because you knew where everything was at so you created routes in your mind to get those parts but always remembering that you have a time limit.

New info has been revealed thanks to the Nintendo Direct today.

Winged Pikmin were confirmed. They can float over water and other obstacles and they carry objects above the ground, but they are still susceptible to enemies on the ground.

The box art was also revealed.

JksJyrZ.png

Still no release date.....

Back