Pikmin 3

I've never really been a huge fan of Pikmin. Maybe this game can change my mind ;D

I saw that trailer last night.

It was great! But I was really hoping that I'd see either some new pikmin or just more footage of purple and white. (I did see pink a little bit around the 2:00 mark)

The delay sucks, but I think I have enough games to keep me busy.

So, anyway, I really hope that the GamePad controls are similar to the Gamecube ones, because I'll probably choose that. I find the Wii Remote controls too fast.

And there is STILL no new information about Olimar's presence.

New Super Mario said:
I saw that trailer last night.

It was great! But I was really hoping that I'd see either some new pikmin or just more footage of purple and white. (I did see pink a little bit around the 2:00 mark)

The delay sucks, but I think I have enough games to keep me busy.

So, anyway, I really hope that the GamePad controls are similar to the Gamecube ones, because I'll probably choose that. I find the Wii Remote controls too fast.

And there is STILL no new information about Olimar's presence.

Probably because its going to end being a major plot point. Maybe, it hasn't been confirmed but he'll be there somewhere.

New Super Mario said:
I didn't see any pink Pikmin at 2:00, but at about 2:40 buried Pink Pikmin can be seen on the opposite ledge of the Purple Pikmin (the left ledge).

Anyways, that crab looks likes it's going to be a pain in the ass and I really like the design of that glowing creature that makes a tornado (it looks kinda like a manta ray to me, idk).

I feel accomplished since I noticed the pink pikmin in the first trailer and it was an actual thing and not me seeing things.

Gamefreak75 said:
New Super Mario said:
I didn't see any pink Pikmin at 2:00, but at about 2:40 buried Pink Pikmin can be seen on the opposite ledge of the Purple Pikmin (the left ledge).

Anyways, that crab looks likes it's going to be a pain in the ass and I really like the design of that glowing creature that makes a tornado (it looks kinda like a manta ray to me, idk).

Yep that one was the one I saw.

That sucking up flying thing looked really annoying as well.

Hopefully we will receive more info sometime early next year.

The dark areas might get annoying for me, but that's gonna add to the challenge xD
I saw Purple and Whites in the video, so I'm guessing they'll return and there'll be at least 6 types of Pikmin.
Throwing the captains seems like an interesting mechanic, though I have a feeling speed runners will use that extremely well. XD

To tell you guys the truth, I never played Pikmin fully (only like demos at stores where immature people destroyed the controller) and after seeing the trailer for Pikmin 3, I gotta say that this is gonna be a fun game!

I'm still not getting this, I hated the first game, don't know why but I just got bored so easily and couldn't make myself play it.

I do admit that it looks really pretty and great though. I can see why people like the franchise, just doesn't suit me.

The first game pushed you a lot to make you really get ahead or else you lose if you don't finish in time. The first game felt like it wasn't using the surroundings enough to let us explore in the time limit we were given. Though I got to say I loved the time limit since it gave it a challenge.

I watched the trailer, and I'm pleased to see progress. I just wish that we saw some plot. I do love the graphics, and I cannot wait to finally get a hold of the game. I did love the surroundings and all the new enemies in store. Plus the fire was so much improved that it looks menacing.

Trying to take the Libra from the top of the mountain was always a fun gamble. Sometimes all your hard work can be ruined by the thing going into the pit. :bowser:

Chilly said:
Trying to take the Libra from the top of the mountain was always a fun gamble. Sometimes all your hard work can be ruined by the thing going into the pit. :bowser:

Everytime I play Day 2 now, I always get like 4 parts in that one day. I get to the Naval area by Day 3. I just wish I got to know the Pikmin more so that I could get more of them.

I hope they extend the Pikmin Limit over 100 because if they are having 7 different pikmin so far (Red, Yellow, Blue, White, Purple, Rock, Magenta) then I'll hate to have like 13 of each kind out when I go somewhere.

I don't know, Reds are practically useless now since fire is such a measly environmental hazard (any Pikmin can take out geysers and a stunned Bulblax loses its flames). I just hope they bring in more places where Reds are mandatory. The only time I remember Reds being mandatory in the second game aside from the beginning was in the Bulblax Kingdom when you have to get the Gyroid Bust at the end.

I agree; reds need to have another strength so that we can use them again. I remember in Pikmin that they were the strongest and fastest of the three, and then Purple and White came along and respectively took each of those traits.

Btw, what is the strength chart of the Pikmin? Is it Purple>Red>Yellow>Blue>White? I never really knew what the stronger ones are. I know blue is a weaker one, especially in that blue-only cave in Pikmin 2.

I'm also wishing that the Purple and White Pikmin are more abundant and less of a hassle to get instead of going down caves and getting like 5-15 at a time. It looks like the Purple are more easier to get, so hopefully they do make that change.

I agree with everything you said, Gamefreak. The Red Pikmin were really useless in Pikmin 2, so I really wish that they can make areas where it is mandatory to bring them even if you have access to Purple Pikmin.

Actually, whenever I play Pikmin 2 I always use Red Pikmin when there's fire solely because I want to use them in areas where they won't die.

Fi said:
Btw, what is the strength chart of the Pikmin? Is it Purple>Red>Yellow>Blue>White? I never really knew what the stronger ones are. I know blue is a weaker one, especially in that blue-only cave in Pikmin 2.
It's Purple > Red > Yellow = Blue = White.

On the other hand, Whites are ridiculously fast and, fun fact, if they are flowered up, they actually lose speed when they've been sprayed with an Ultra-Spicy spray.

I don't know, Reds are practically useless now since fire is such a measly environmental hazard

They weren't as necessary in Pikmin 2 due to fire being far less dangerous, but I dunno. I used a majority of reds in caves since they're a good medium between speed and power, and when you need to convert Pikmins into another colour, they are the best canditate since (apart from that last one in Bulbax Kingdom) no treasure requires to use them.

Fi said:
I'm also wishing that the Purple and White Pikmin are more abundant and less of a hassle to get instead of going down caves and getting like 5-15 at a time. It looks like the Purple are more easier to get, so hopefully they do make that change.
I don't know, Purples kind of broke the game since they pretty much destroyed every boss that wasn't the final boss or the Beady Long Legs. Red Bulborb? Use Purples! Wollywog? Use purples! Spotty Bulbear? Purples away! I liked Purple Pikmin and they were really helpful, but I kind of hope they aren't abundant since it sort of took away from the challenge.

Glowsquid said:
They weren't as necessary in Pikmin 2 due to fire being far less dangerous, but I dunno. I used a majority of reds in caves since they're a good medium between speed and power, and when you need to convert Pikmins into another colour, they are the best canditate since (apart from that last one in Bulbax Kingdom) no treasure requires to use them.
Yeah, fire was the most dangerous hazard in the first game. If your Pikmin caught on fire, they were as good as dead since trying to extinguish it took forever.

I'm trying to beg my parents to let me get Pikmin 2 for my birthday so I can play it before this game comes.

It looks so good! I mean, it seems longer than the first one and I love all the items you can get.

And I really want to play it to test out the no time limit the game has, unlike the first one. Because, I don't know if I'll like that or not.

You'll beat Pikmin 2 in about thirty in-game days anyway, so there being an infinite amount of in-game days to do everything really doesn't matter. What it's there for is so you can screw around on your file, hoard Pikmin and just generally mess around with the game — even if you've beaten the final boss.

Cinnamon Pi said:
You'll beat Pikmin 2 in about thirty in-game days anyway, so there being an infinite amount of in-game days to do everything really doesn't matter. What it's there for is so you can screw around on your file, hoard Pikmin and just generally mess around with the game — even if you've beaten the final boss.
Oh.

All the copies of the game my Mom finds are anywhere from 40-60 dollars. I REALLY don't want to settle for the Wii one if I can't find a cheap enough copy.

The cheapest I've seen them go for is $35, but that was back in the beginning of '09 when I got the game.

Chilly said:
The cheapest I've seen them go for is $35, but that was back in the beginning of '09 when I got the game.
Yeah. Not sure if it's just cause they're hard to find or what.

EDIT: Found one for 35 dollars! We ordered it, so hopefully I'll have it for Christmas. Just need to make up the other 15 dollars I don't have.

Chilly said:
In a recent interview, Miyamoto said that the game will be more like Pikmin 1.

I was afraid that this would be happening, and to be honest, if the bring back that dreadful 30-day limit or X-day limit, I'm going to be very disappointed.

I really hope that isn't the case, to me a lot of the fun was taking a day off and using it to grow your pikmin army or accumulate sprays. Come to think of it I don't think I ever bothered to finish the first Pikmin because of the limit.

Back