Pikmin 3

Honestly, my issues with Pikmin was the extremely glitch-y enemies who could kill your Pikmin when they touched them. I never had that much of a problem with the day limit. Besides, you beat Pikmin 2 in about twenty or so in-game days anyway. There's just no point in having that many days unless you just want to screw around on your completed file after you've done everything else.

I agree, some of the enemies were pretty damn cheap or were near impossible to kill without losing Pikmin (Wollywogs and
Sheargrubs for example). Pikmin 2 improved this because it allowed you to kill the enemy and save the Pikmin being eaten, unlike the first game where even if you killed the enemy, the Pikmin would die.

As a matter of fact, the unlimited days was why I liked Pikmin 2 so much, because it allowed you to explore the area much more than the original. As weird as it may be, I'm on Day 124 in one of my Pikmin 2 files. You wouldn't be able to do that in Pikmin 1. Pikmin 1 felt more like one of those games you just sit down and beat the game in one sitting.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the first game, but the time limit was just meh and I believed Pikmin 2 expanded upon a lot of the concepts from the first while adding new ones. I could see why people liked Pikmin 1, it was a ruthless game where just the slightest mishap can ruin the whole day. However, I wouldn't mind them strengthening enemies back to their Pikmin 1 apeparances (Bulborbs, Blowhogs, and the Emperor Bulblax, etc) from when they were nerfed in Pikmin 2.

And speaking of the enemies, I wouldn't hate it if they were even stronger than they were in Pikmin, because god damn I want this game to be challenging as all hell.

Chilly said:
(Wollywogs and Sheargrubs for example).
Thank you for making me remember all the trouble I had with those enemies. Fuck those enemies to hell.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Chilly said:
(Wollywogs and Sheargrubs for example).
More like Wollywogs and Snagrets (at least in the first one). Sheargrubs are nothing.

And I love the time limit. I feel more challenged. If they can combine that with elements of Pikmin 2 (awesome 2 player modes and such) it will be a great game.

Well Snagrets aren't as challenging as people may think. Just approach them while they're emerging from the ground slowly, hoard some Pikmin around its beak, call back your Pikmin — rinse and repeat for success. Sheargrubs, on the other hand, can kill Pikmin when you're passing them without much care in the world, plus they might kill some off-screen Pikmin and you have no control over that. But you do indeed have control over a Snagret, regardless of the variant of it.

I can kill Sheargrubs in an instant. They're more so one of the easiest enemies after bulborbs. Snagrets are just a pain, for me anyway. (more so the Burrowing Snagrets. The others aren't TOO much of a problem for me)

But NSM, keep in mind that I always do zero-death runs. That means that I must restart the day if even a single Pikmin dies. And with Sheargrubs everywhere trying to ruin my life, I find them rather annoying.

I always found it (nearly) impossible to do a zero-death run in Pikmin 1 because of Wollywogs, shearwigs/sheargrubs and that Pikmin can get "crushed" after killing an enemy or going under those bridges.
Sheargrubs in Pikmin 1 though, at least you can punch them with Olimar without them getting away. :P

Also, I find Purples need to be nerfed. Ability to lock on, stun, have a carrying capacity of 10 Pikmin and have ridiculous power is just too much. And hazards aren't much of a problem for them either.
Speaking of the carrying capacity, if a Purple Pikmin is drowning and you throw a Blue to save it, the Blue throws it RIDICULOUSLY far. Shouldn't the Blues have a stronger carrying capacity as well? You could even say they have better throwing arms than Olimar. xD

I'd love to see Louie return again.

Chilly said:
In a recent interview, Miyamoto said that the game will be more like Pikmin 1.

I was afraid that this would be happening, and to be honest, if the bring back that dreadful 30-day limit or X-day limit, I'm going to be very disappointed.
I'm a little disappointed, too; I liked it better when I had as much time as I wanted to get everything done in Pikmin 2, but I don't think it's as big a deal-breaker as what he did to Paper Mario. After all, I still had fun with the original Pikmin, even if I was under pressure to finish the Dolphin in time.

If they have a time limit, they should make it where the days are longer, because I'm tired of 10-min days or however long they are.

I did love the challenge of Pikmin 1, but I didn't really get to enjoy the scenery or collect more than like 150 of each pikmin type. Albeit, I beat Pikmin 1 by Day 20 or Day 21, but still.

I love both pikmin games equally and as long as blue pikmin appear this game is fine by me

And like I've been saying, the time limit isn't actually important at all because you still beat Pikmin 2 in about twenty-five in-game days anyway. The only drawback Pikmin had was the glitch-y enemies scattered about everywhere, which there isn't any of in Pikmin 2.

Chiaki Nanami said:
And like I've been saying, the time limit isn't actually important at all because you still beat Pikmin 2 in about twenty-five in-game days anyway. The only drawback Pikmin had was the glitch-y enemies scattered about everywhere, which there isn't any of in Pikmin 2.
Yeah, I know, I just haven't been feeling as challenged in Pikmin 2. Not sure why. It just felt super easy compared to the original.

Something interesting I just realized about the Jan 23 Nintendo Direct:

K0GZpyS.png

Look at the color of the flowers in the logo.

Yeah I noticed that too, and commented about it in the nintendo direct. Not sure if it is anything, since I've already seen logos for both a purple 3 and a pink 3.

Hoping for a new pikmin type though!

GameFreak ain't it a travesty there was no Pikmin sequel for the whole long run of the Wii and gamers had to wait a near decade?

Chilly said:
I hope its a new type as well, maybe one that resists a new hazard?
Yeah, and the orange flower implies that it's flower color will be orange, so you'd probably get them a different way from White and Purples, or Rocks.

If it is a new pikmin type, that makes 8 different pikmin types (Red, Blue, Yellow, White, Purple, Rock, Flying, and this new one). They'd sure make the game a lot more strategic.

Perhaps this is just me being a skeptical bastard, but didn't the buds of the Flying Pikmin look yellow-ish? In case that's true, I'd assume those colours aren't of immediate importance, but I may be super wrong on this, though.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Perhaps this is just me being a skeptical bastard, but didn't the buds of the Flying Pikmin look yellow-ish? In case that's true, I'd assume those colours aren't of immediate importance, but I may be super wrong on this, though.
Nope, purple like the Rock Pikmin

Pink-Pikmin-in-Pikmin-3.jpg

Back