Pikmin 3

carckin355 said:
I assume the story might have to do with why Olimar hasn't been seen yet. All we know is he will appear in the game but we haven't seen him yet.

Something like the playable characters going to find him and they have to find him quickly or his life support system will begin to fail. Something simple like that.

That's not very good either, that's almost the same story to Pikmin 1 but just slightly edited.

Let's just say this, the concequence for not doing "the task" within the time limit better not result to death or an apocalypse. Unless...

Instead of making a story about what will happen to the captain, how about make a story about what may happen to "the pikmin". Since they are so vulnerable, helpless and cute it will make since to have to save "the pikmin" just for those reasons alone.

chillv said:
carckin355 said:
I assume the story might have to do with why Olimar hasn't been seen yet. All we know is he will appear in the game but we haven't seen him yet.

Something like the playable characters going to find him and they have to find him quickly or his life support system will begin to fail. Something simple like that.

That's not very good either, that's almost the same story to Pikmin 1 but just slightly edited.

Let's just say this, the concequence for not doing "the task" within the time limit better not result to death or an apocalypse. Unless...

Instead of making a story about what will happen to the captain, how about make a story about what may happen to "the pikmin". Since they are so vulnerable, helpless and cute it will make since to have to save "the pikmin" just for those reasons alone.

Pikmin are a lot more independent, especially as the games progress. I mean, at the end of Pikmin, they are attacking the Bulborb and taking it down. When you land in Pikmin 2, you see the Red Pikmin attacking an mini-bulborb, and the Blue Pikmin are attacking the Wollywog tadpole. It's not like they are really that vulnerable. Pikmin are basically representations of ants, and even though Ants are so vunerable, they are constantly known to take down very big targets in large numbers.

Xerneas said:
chillv said:
carckin355 said:

Pikmin are a lot more independent, especially as the games progress. I mean, at the end of Pikmin, they are attacking the Bulborb and taking it down. When you land in Pikmin 2, you see the Red Pikmin attacking an mini-bulborb, and the Blue Pikmin are attacking the Wollywog tadpole. It's not like they are really that vulnerable. Pikmin are basically representations of ants, and even though Ants are so vunerable, they are constantly known to take down very big targets in large numbers.

Yeah, but if Miyamoto came up with story about an apocalypse or threat that has been put on the Pikmin and the have to help them. That would be a very good story.

So, I think this story might follow the bad ending of Pikmin 1 or something. You know, where Olimar turns into a Pikmin?

I think that'd be pretty cool.

New Super Mario said:
So, I think this story might follow the bad ending of Pikmin 1 or something. You know, where Olimar turns into a Pikmin?

That would be unoriginal and reused. Plus, if he is going to be turned into a Pikmin as the bad ending, the fact of him saying that he is going to die is pretty pointless.

chillv said:
New Super Mario said:

That would be unoriginal and reused. Plus, if he is going to be turned into a Pikmin as the bad ending, the fact of him saying that he is going to die is pretty pointless.

Apparently you think all our speculations are unoriginal and reused, when they are not.

I for one think that it would be cool, but I doubt it will happen.

I dunno. its a neat idea. All I really want is for Nintendo to give us a solid release date.

Xerneas said:
chillv said:
New Super Mario said:

Apparently you think all our speculations are unoriginal and reused, when they are not.

I for one think that it would be cool, but I doubt it will happen.

A bad ending for Olimar turning into a Pikmin (again) or anything similar to that is unoriginal. Nobody wants to see the same "bad" ending for a Pikmin game. What I mean is that the story and ending should not be similar to Pikmin 1 or 2.

chillv said:
A bad ending for Olimar turning into a Pikmin (again) or anything similar to that is unoriginal. Nobody wants to see the same "bad" ending for a Pikmin game. What I mean is that the story and ending should not be similar to Pikmin 1 or 2.

I don't know where you got your information that nobody wants to see the bad ending. It just seems like your assuming your opinion on it is what everybody else thinks.

Amphituber said:
I dunno. its a neat idea. All I really want is for Nintendo to give us a solid release date.
Where have you been?

It was announced August 4th a while ago.

Unless you're talking about Europe or something.

Maybe Olimar becomes mutated from some infection found on the distant planet. So they sent a research crew to work with the pikmin to find some cure for the infection. In the process, Ganondorf...... oops, wrong game.

In the process, louie comes in somwhere in the late game and a plot twist insues. During the game, Olimars infection seizes his body and he becomes a bulbear and he becomes some horrible version of a bulblax clone, but worse. So then the object of the game would be for you to defeat emperor olimar. When he is defeated, they bring him back to hocatate as a research specimin.....

Stay tuned for part 2...

Watch there be no Olimar or Louie.

Let's say that this is years in the future, and new Hoctate workers have to go to the Pikmin planet for some reason. Maybe they use it as a vacation place, maybe they found out that there is awesome food there and want to help supply food to the needy (the only things they have been collecting is food). Four people go to the planet, and something happens where they are all separated, and they have to find each other. Probably a crash landing or something. The game will consist of them collecting food while having to get everything back together.

At least, that's just speculation; doubt it'll be true.

Xerneas said:
Watch there be no Olimar or Louie.

Let's say that this is years in the future, and new Hoctate workers have to go to the Pikmin planet for some reason. Maybe they use it as a vacation place, maybe they found out that there is awesome food there and want to help supply food to the needy (the only things they have been collecting is food). Four people go to the planet, and something happens where they are all separated, and they have to find each other. Probably a crash landing or something. The game will consist of them collecting food while having to get everything back together.

At least, that's just speculation; doubt it'll be true.
Miyamoto already confirmed that Olimar was in the game. I think he said he was "hidden" or something.

Another speculation.

Maybe Olimar was set on a task to train some new people how to work on the Pikmin Planet, and maybe he got captured and the group have to save him. Yeah, very unoriginal, but who knows.

Xerneas said:
Another speculation.

Maybe Olimar was set on a task to train some new people how to work on the Pikmin Planet, and maybe he got captured and the group have to save him. Yeah, very unoriginal, but who knows.
not really, that's a ver original story. When I mean by original. I mean something that is not similar to the story to pikmin 1 or 2.

New Super Mario said:

That wouldn't make much sense though, considering that Pikmin 2 directly follows up the first game's Good or Great ending.

New Super Mario said:
Am I really the only one in this thread who actually likes the time limit?
I don't mind it mostly because i'm a beast at pikmin

Electro Specter said:
New Super Mario said:

That wouldn't make much sense though, considering that Pikmin 2 directly follows up the first game's Good or Great ending.
Well, I was thinking along the lines of a split timeline, like Zelda has.

New Super Mario said:
Electro Specter said:
New Super Mario said:

Well, I was thinking along the lines of a split timeline, like Zelda has.

My thoughts exactly, kindof like how ocarina of time's bad ending where link fails to beat ganon is a link to past's beggining.

Yes! They just revealed the story in nintendo direct, it is original and isn't at all similar to the story of Pikmin 1 or 2. They also revealed that you can time travel back to a previous day if you made a mistake or you feel that you could have done something more efficiently.

This has persuaded me to buy the game for sure.

So here's the video from Nintendo Direct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ubljdc1QmAk

Looks really great... I need a job LOL

Back