Pikmin 3

Sayaka Maizono said:
Mission mode is basically a strategic treasure collection of fruit and dead enemies, which includes those seen from Pikmin 2 (Cupid's Grenade, Combustion Berry, Citrus Lump, etc). I think it's a nice little throwback.
Indeed.

Also, if this is how it's going to be in the final version, it's going to be like a combination of Pikmin's and Pikmin 2's Challenge Mode in the sense that you're going overground (Pikmin) while trying to build up the highest score you can (Pikmin 2).

It would also be really nice if we could see some gameplay from the actual storyline of the game, as opposed to the footage we've seen from Mission Mode.

I assume that the Rock and Flying Pikmin will have their own onion (Gray and Pink respectively) while Purples and Whites remain as subterranean creatures that are stored in the ship, since having 7 onions would be kinda insane. Not to mention that there is still the possibility of the inclusion of more than just two new types of Pikmin.

Sayaka Maizono said:
I assume that the Rock and Flying Pikmin will have their own onion (Gray and Pink respectively) while Purples and Whites remain as subterranean creatures that are stored in the ship, since having 7 onions would be kinda insane. Not to mention that there is still the possibility of the inclusion of more than just two new types of Pikmin.
I would love having 7 onions! Plus you have 4 leaders so it wouldn't be too hectic.

I'm pretty hyped up about this game and I do agree that it is the best game Nintendo talked about in E3

Sayaka Maizono said:

I need one of thos Pikmin plushes.
Me, too... SO BADLY! DX

I particularly want the Red one, red's my favorite color, and the Red Pikmin are my favorite Pikmin

Also, Shigeru Miyamoto explains why Pikmin 3 took so long, and why the "timer" might return:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179083

Smashgoom202 said:

Also, Shigeru Miyamoto explains why Pikmin 3 took so long, and why the "timer" might return:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179083
The Pikmin going down leaves like slides looks fun.

About the timer thing, there should be an option to have it on or off. Or like, you could at least set the amount of days you get to find the parts.

RandomGuy said:
We need a plot fast

Olimar is lost. His family needs to rescue him. Boom. I made a plot. And it was fast.

Actually, that's just what I think the plot might be about somewhat.

I just saw this video analyzing some things from the trailer:

You can post comments on the video to bring up other things you might have noticed. I KNOW there's more to the trailer, but I haven't given it that much in-depth analysis...

It's unlikely, but I hope Red, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, Rock, and Pink all have onions, plus a couple more new pikmin. But it looks like Pink and Rocky might only be accessible from Candypop Buds

New Super Mario said:
It's unlikely, but I hope Red, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, Rock, and Pink all have onions, plus a couple more new pikmin. But it looks like Pink and Rocky might only be accessible from Candypop Buds
I doubt it will be Candypop Buds as Rock and Pink Pikmin have different color flowers than white (Red, Yellow, Blue) or Pink (Purple, White) I think it will be through a new process this time.

Every time I see the rock pikmin, I see Roggenrola. I love the quality, and I love how detailed the actions are in this game. It really looks like each Pikmin has a job instead of small groups. I can't wait for this to come out!

Thanks to Anton for showing me this video.

This is from the Nintendo Direct yesterday, btw.

Edit: The game has apparently been pushed back to Q2 2013 (~April-June). Fucking unbelievable.

Gamefreak75 said:
Edit: The game has apparently been pushed back to Q2 2013 (~April-June). Fucking unbelievable.
suits me better, my review schedule for the start of the year is fairly backed up

Rayman Legends and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon were pushed back. I think this is a good thing, since these three games look like they are going to be great, so the delay just means that they're probably trying to make them as good as they can make them be.

Or they're slow, either one.

Back