New Super Mario Bros. U

Re: New Super Mario Bros. Wii U-Nintendo Direct Details

Well, it looks like I was wrong. It is a Squirrel Suit. Now that's going to definitely be my favorite Mario power-up of all time! It'll basically be the Tanooki Suit plus the Cape Feather!

Damn, this could actually be one of the greatest Mario Bros. games! The power-ups, Yoshis, art styles, and worlds are just epic! This is definitely going to the top of my hype list of games!

The artwork for the title looks great! Urchins, Baby Yoshis and Yoshi along with Yellow Squirrel toad

Acorn power-up TOTALLY Called that! ;)
Anyways i'm looking forward to seeing what this game will do.

This game out of no bonds, is the best 2D Mario game I have seen in years.

And I am not lying.

Are those red and blue Yoshis going to be able to grow up and then be ridable (like in SMW's Star World) or are they stuck in baby form?

Looking at the artwork of Mario, adult Yoshi's are very likely to appear.

NSY said:
Looking at the artwork of Mario, adult Yoshi's are very likely to appear.
Yeah, but were talking about the Baby Yoshis becoming them. But now that I think about it, the Baby Yoshis eat objects that you make them contact like in Super Mario World, which allowed them to grow. So perhaps, that will work here as well.

120px-Squirrel_Toad.png
120px-ToadBabyYoshiNSMBU.PNG

Man, seeing these just made me want this game even more! :)

Even aside from the Toads, the game looks very nice! Really gives off that feeling I had when NSMB Wii was unvieled. :D Though I can't say the same for NSMB2...

Yellow Baby Yoshi is just like Bulb Yoshi from SMG2. I wish that the Magenta Yoshi was a cyan Yoshi so it would be similar to Blimp Yoshi.

Yeah, having two Toads playable again is stupid.

Unless the story itself involves Wario as a villain, although I'm just speculating this seeing with the large influence coins have and all that stuff.

Sayaka Maizono said:
Yeah, having two Toads playable again is stupid.

Unless the story itself involves Wario as a villain, although I'm just speculating this seeing with the large influence coins have and all that stuff.
Wrong game.

Then again, if they get rid of Yvan and Wolley, who else would they have?

I can't imagine Wario.

Isn't it quite funny how this year's E3 conference revealed two different New Super Mario Bros. titles? It'll be interesting to see how they'll both play out.

MnSG said:
Isn't it quite funny how this year's E3 conference revealed two different New Super Mario Bros. titles? It'll be interesting to see how they'll both play out.

I hate it how lacking in variety it is

Back