New Super Mario Bros. U

Re: New Super Mario Bros. Wii U-Nintendo Direct Details

Noxide said:
RandomGuy said:
Well, a Tanooki doesn't have gliding parts, so it could be plausible. But then it'd be too similar to Tanooki suits.

I predict it might have gliding features similar to the cape as well as climbing abilities or maybe even balancing abilities that I'm sure Nintendo can manage. Any other ideas?
Seems like either an improved version of the Cape or a combination of the Raccoon and Cape powerups. Though I'm still sure it's just the person confusing the the Raccoon or Tanooki suit for a flying squirrel.

Baby Luigi said:
They could mistaken the flying squirrel for a Tanooki

What I dislike are the Miis just being....there

Look that map! There are Cone mushroom! So it is not Taanoki suit!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Beetleking said:
Baby Luigi said:

Okay, now hold on a second. Those could easily just be backdrops and wood carvings.

Count Mario said:
Beetleking said:
Baby Luigi said:

Okay, now hold on a second. Those could easily just be backdrops and wood carvings.

They look more like Mushroom than Wood carvings.

Fuck yes, my favourite part is that communication part between people. I love that kind of stuff, like on the 3DS, you can have a small and short message above your name in the list. Although, this times it's longer. And used in this game only so far. Still. I love it.

There's a flying squirrel suit in the game, it's not the Tanooki Suit again. Those 'Miis' popping up aren't real people, they're just messages that have been programmed in, why would they deliberately mistake it for something else?

Flying squirrels don't really fly, they glide, so I hope the suit works like the cape from SMW. I'd like the whole game to be based around SMW actually with hidden levels accessed by hidden alternate exits in certain levels and one big traversable overworld. Yoshi too, except this time you don't lose him as soon as you finish a level.

This all looks to be quite interesting right off the bat. It does make you wonder how far Nintendo will implement these new mechanics though.

Tatanga said:
There's a flying squirrel suit in the game, it's not the Tanooki Suit again. Those 'Miis' popping up aren't real people, they're just messages that have been programmed in, why would they deliberately mistake it for something else?

Flying squirrels don't really fly, they glide, so I hope the suit works like the cape from SMW. I'd like the whole game to be based around SMW actually with hidden levels accessed by hidden alternate exits in certain levels and one big traversable overworld. Yoshi too, except this time you don't lose him as soon as you finish a level.
Maybe because they're beta testers or something? Anything can go. Kepp in mind that during interviews or playthroughs that players and maybe even developers will usually pronounce something or name something incorrect. Regardless, if it is a squirrel suit, I would love it exactly as how you depicted it since my favorite power-up is the Cape Feather. I would still like it better instead of a Tanooki or Squirrel Suit though...

Keep in mind, raccons don't fly, and they especially don't gain infinite flight by wings. Even the inspiration for the Tanooki Suit is vastly different from the final product (If it was true to the original, it would literally have testicles flopping out as its part of the poem of the Tanooki) So don't expect the Squirrel Suit to definitely be a gliding squirrel, as obvious as that is.

So why are they upcoming two New Super Mario Bros. Games.

New Screenshots look pretty nice anyway. We shall hope for smoothing new.

New Super Mario World? Super Mario WiiUrld? New Super Mario World U? Super Mario World 3? Super Mario World Returns? New Super Mario Bros Mii? New Super Mario Bros Wii U? Super Mario World 3, attack of the flying squirrel? Super Mario Sqwirld? Just some names I can think of for this potential game.

We'll keep thinking, but those can the backup names.

I will going to watch spike's E3 because it have subtitles and I will be not online after I finished watching E3 after school because of spoilers

Beetleking said:
Seriously NsmbM graphics sould look like a this.

New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii-nintendo-9133522-1024-768.jpg

It'd be awesome on the 3DS to have Airships fire Bullet Bills at you from the background

Its about time nintendo included social networking, I think messaging other players is going to be awesome! Also if its based on SMW I will be super psyched!

Z-omb said:
Its about time nintendo included social networking, I think messaging other players is going to be awesome! Also if its based on SMW I will be super psyched!

The problem is that it might make it so everybody has to be playing that game at the same time as you to get the messages. Which would suck for me.

Hopefully they have it as a "leave a message, shows it to others next time they play." thing for the messages in-game like the ones we see in the pictures.

The camera video sounds all well and good, but there are those who would rather keep their identity top secret.

It's more of a thing for those people that want the feature for the sake of having it. Or people that don't know what skype is.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
It's more of a thing for those people that want the feature for the sake of having it. Or people that don't know what skype is.
Or easy communication without turning your PC on while gaming. Or just a phonecall without phone.

I hope there is an option to turn off other people's messages. I really don't give a fuck if someone was killed by the same Koopa as me, or if they failed four times at the same level.

Probably. I'm like, the polar opposite. I love small additional things like this.

And if they don't then don't add anybody to your friend list. That's if you hate messages so much.

Holy shit Baby Yoshies are in it and Squirrel suits! Shown the screen just now

Back