Overrated Mario Characters

User4042

Celestial Guide
List characters in the Mario universe who you think are overrated.

Geno
Luigi
Peach
Birdo
Wart
Tatanga

Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Diddy Kong
Toad

Rosalina
Geno
Ludwig

gutsyGumshoe said:

don't most people hate Birdo

Luigi
Rosalina
Poochy
Geno
the Koopalings

Yeah that Ludwig. I just think he gets far more attention then the other Koopalings. And I just don't like him much.

Overrated by whom? Fans or the staff? :???:

And strictly speaking how the staff overrate characters?
If by giving too many spinoff apperances, I'm sure Birdo, Rosalina and even Geno are not overrated.

Probably by fans. If we were talking staff, Geno would be underrated!

Dorayaki said:

And strict speaking how the staff overrate characters?
If by giving too many spinoff apperances, I'm sure Birdo, Rosalina and even Geno are not overrated.
Dorayaki said:

And strict speaking how the staff overrate characters?
Everyone says stuff like "Geno come back" or "Geno is so awesome he needs to appear in SSB4" or "GENO IS SO AWESOME YEAAAAAAAAAH!". Dont get me started on the other two

gutsyGumshoe said:
Everyone says stuff like "Geno come back" or "Geno is so awesome he needs to appear in SSB4" or "GENO IS SO AWESOME YEAAAAAAAAAH!". Dont get me started on the other two
I haven't played Seven Stars yet. Geno might be just like most Paper characters who had been only appeared in one game and just correspond to that story (especially Tippi's example). Nobody is sure if the staff are willing to make them return.

If there are something doing with SE, Geno might already return in Hoops 3-3 or Fortune Street games.

Dorayaki said:
gutsyGumshoe said:
I haven't played Seven Stars yet. Geno might be just like most Paper characters who had been only appeared in one game and just correspond to that story (especially Tippi's example). Nobody is sure if the staff are willing to make them return.

If there are something doing with SE, Geno might already return in Hoops 3-3 or Fortune Street games.
I'm sure Square Enix, Nintendo wants to use genotyping if they would give their right funny.

But as they are not interested in any other character anymore either, they are clearly not interested anymore in genotyping.

I sense fire coming...

Geno, definitely. I can't understand why people love him so much, to the point of wanting him for Brawl (and even for Smash 4). It's an extremely irrelevant character who appeared in just one game, and only as a sidekick, not even as the main character.

Anser said:
I sense fire coming...

Geno, definitely. I can't understand why people love him so much, to the point of wanting him for Brawl (and even for Smash 4). It's an extremely irrelevant character who appeared in just one game, and only as a sidekick, not even as the main character.
I agree. The real hero is Mallow in my opinion.

oh yes, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are overrated too.

Overrated by fans
Yoshi
Geno
Rosalina (even though I do like her)
The Koopalings
Fawful (even though I like him)
Luigi
Poochy

Characters given too much attention by Nintendo (thus overrated by staff)
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Luigi

oh yes, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are overrated too.

Maybe in this forum, but everywhere else, baby characters are generally hated

Anser said:
I don't hate him, but in a fair view of all RPG characters, it wouldn't be a nice thing to favor him only.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Luigi
Protagonists are not really overrated in general conditions. (Yoshi is strictly not.)
For Mario, I might think the staff make Mario too "heroic" for Mushroom residents in main games.

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Luigi
Protagonists are not really overrated in general conditions. (Yoshi is strictly not.)
For Mario, I might think the staff make Mario too "heroic" for Mushroom residents in main games.

They're still used in every damn game they appeared in. I'm getting sick of Mario as the main protagonist. Nearly every recent game that came out with Mario as the main protagonist is the SAME, DAMN game to the last one.

Boidoh said:
Who is GENO!?!
Long story, but here I go.

In the game Super Mario RPG, Mario and his partner Mallow visit a town called Rose Town. A little kid named Gaz shows Mario his doll collection consisting of Mario, Bowser, and one doll named Geno (he looks like this:
200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif
). Overnight, a star being with an unpronouncable name takes over the doll's body, making him fully sentinet. He later joins Mario's party and tells him to collect the Star Pieces to fix a Star Road so wishes can be granted once more.

And that is Geno.

Back