Overrated Mario Characters

BMB said:

people keep saying this and i don't understand. i mean, you can't rate god too highly. also his fanbase is basically limited to just this website.

that's because he's god. so people overrate him

BMB said:
Rosalina is not as overrated as Peach or Daisy, or even Pauline. Personally, I find Luigi and Baby Luigi overrated (now I'm going the Luigi fans bickering at me and tell me Mario/Baby Mario are overrated, which they [sadly] are). Others from the top of my head are Boshi, Yoshi, Poochy, Petey Piranha, Bowser Jr., Wario, Waluigi, Lubba (even 1 fan for him makes his overrated imo :P), and Fawful. Sad thing is, I like them all too. :(

To be honest, Rosalina can be considered rather overrated especially as of lately. There was quite an uproar when fans discovered that she wasn't in Mario Super Sluggers a few years back (and that was shortly after her debut appearance). Even to this day, she still has many fans calling out for her in Mario Tennis Open (to a greater extent than even those who were upset about Toad (and Toadette), Birdo, Koopa, and the other Tennis veterans).

Though it is MTO that made me realize that there really is a big Rosalina fan base out there.

I do not know where you're getting this baby characters being overrated but from what I seen from many other websites, people ABHOR the babies.

Baby Luigi said:
I do not know where you're getting this baby characters being overrated but from what I seen from many other websites, people ABHOR the babies.

Indeed this is quite true (Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are more underrated now than ever before - the other babies though deserve less attention imo). Sadly, I think the hatred towards them seems to have arisen only after Mario Kart Wii because I don't remember much people hating Baby Mario and Baby Luigi until the other two babies arrived.

Okay, why is people saying the Koopalings are overrated? Most of the Mario fans I know never heard of them or like them. One of my classmates is a hater of the Koopalings, he also told me he plays dart with a Iggy poster on his room!

Seriously, they may be overrated by staff but the fans are not very fond of them.

Rosalina, as I've probably said before in this thread, is overrated. She had a couple of story roles, and, otherwise, just stood around in the Observatory, being, essentially, another other-than-backstory generic Princess. Suddenly, she's a fan favourite. Some people even think SMG2 is worse than SMG for the sole reason that Rosalina doesn't appear until the end.

Additionally, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Toad and Fawful are overrated, in my opinion.

Fawful is overrated, but it's because he's so cool and weird and original. Poochy is overrated because this place literally treats him as a god here, which still bewilders me at how since he hasn't appeared in a Mario game in over a decade (stickers/trophies do not count imo). Rosalina is overrated because many fans find her prettier than Peach and Daisy. And I understand why people would be mad about her not in MTO because Luma is in it, but not her. Speaking of which, Dry Bowser is overrated as well for reasons like Rosalina (fans demand them even though they've only been around for half a decade or so).

Cilan said:
I think Bow is like the most overrated Paper Mario partner ever. There's fanart of her everywhere.
Maybe that's just popular instead of overrated. Overrating might mean that considering someone as a larger role than what s/he actually is.
I seldom hear that Bow should do something like replace King Boo, or maybe I guess Geno is the most overrated RPG character.

Baby Luigi said:
IMO babies are still popluar. I might only say that babies are subseries characters and not having too much appearances. To date I didn't see them overrated.

Cilan said:
I think Bow is like the most overrated Paper Mario partner ever. There's fanart of her everywhere, and meanwhile barely anybody acknowledges Lakilester (who I'm pretty sure you can tell is my favorite).

Just because there's fanart of her everywhere doesn't mean she's overrated. I've seen far more overrated characters than her. I agree with you on Lakilester though...

Watt is more overrated just cause she can break defense but she's my favorite.

Snifit said:
One of my classmates is a hater of the Koopalings, he also told me he plays dart with a Iggy poster on his room!

ASSHOLE

Snifit said:
Okay, why is people saying the Koopalings are overrated? Most of the Mario fans I know never heard of them or like them. One of my classmates is a hater of the Koopalings, he also told me he plays dart with a Iggy poster on his room!

Seriously, they may be overrated by staff but the fans are not very fond of them.

I can link you to all sorts of posts and topics that seem to glorify them or call them the "best character ever".

They also are the subject of several fansites out there.

Snifit said:
Okay, why are people saying the Koopalings are overrated? Most of the Mario fans I know never heard of them or like them. One of my classmates is a hater of the Koopalings, he also told me he plays dart with a Iggy poster on his room!

Fixed. If people never heard of them, then obviously they were born by the time of SM64, that's nothing to freak over

Majin Buu said:
Fixed. If people never heard of them, then obviously they were born by the time of SM64, that's nothing to freak over

I was born near that time, yet I still know about them. It's simply boils down to whether they played the classic games or not.

Speaking of the Koopalings, despite my hate towards the DiC's video game cartoons, the first time I saw them was in "7 Continents for 7 Koopas", specifically, the scene where Lemmy held all the tv stations in North America for ransom.

Baby Luigi said:
Majin Buu said:

I was born near that time, yet I still know about them. It's simply boils down to whether they played the classic games or not.
Ditto.

Nothing special, I just made a pun on "bump" and "Humpty Dumpty".

Humpty Dumpty is a egg character from the fairy tales.

Back