Overrated Mario Characters

IceShadow1199 said:

just because characters do not appear much or do not get their own games does not mean they can't be overrated. if a lot of people love a character, a person has every right to consider them overrated. Poochy, Toad, Luigi, Bowser Jr., and Baby Luigi (and maybe Peach, though I don't see her get a whole lot of love) can all definitely fit in this category.

I agree that Birdo can't really be considered overrated though. most people hate her.

Smasher said:
IceShadow1199 said:

just because characters do not appear much or do not get their own games does not mean they can't be overrated. if a lot of people love a character, a person has every right to consider them overrated. Poochy, Toad, Luigi, Bowser Jr., and Baby Luigi (and maybe Peach, though I don't see her get a whole lot of love) can all definitely fit in this category.

I agree that Birdo can't really be considered overrated though. most people hate her.

And Tatanga what do you think about him? Seriously, I don't see anyone talking about SML or it's antagonist.

Anyways Smasher, my thoughts are that if Nintendo sees that one of their characters got some popularity atleast, they'll do something special involving games.

Tatanga could be considered underrated, I suppose. I don't see how he could be overrated, as I don't think SML is very popular. I have no real strong feelings one way or the other.

Smasher said:
Tatanga could be considered underrated, I suppose. I don't see how he could be overrated, as I don't think SML is very popular. I have no real strong feelings one way or the other.

Bold explains it all. By the way it's not just Tatanga that's underrated, the enemies from SML don't get enough love, Tokotokos for example.

Well, duh. How many people do you know that have actually played SML, either on its original cartridge or on the 3DS?

Gogeta said:
Luigi is overrated. I do really like Luigi's Mansion though.
I think that's okay. Even though Luigi is already a regular in mainstream games, horror games do relate to him. Unless you want Bowser's Mansion or Daisy's Mansion.

Smasher said:
just because characters do not appear much or do not get their own games does not mean they can't be overrated.
Like some others said, they're overrated by staff or fans.
But it depends on their status in this series, however. For example, those mainstream regulars are official protagonists and do get priority (though sometimes too much). Overrating can be something like seeing minor characters as major characters.

Byakuya Togami said:
Well, duh. How many people do you know that have actually played SML, either on its original cartridge or on the 3DS?

Certainly my whole class has played Mario Land.

EDIT: Oh man, I missed the edit button.

Well, everyone that I know that likes the Mario series likes Peach, so in my view of people, she's a little overrated when it comes to "My people!"

^Same what I think for Bowser and Donkey Kong, no one that I know that likes the Mario Series talk much about them nor like them, but I rarely heard someone saying Bowser sucks.

I'm pretty sure both of them are very popular here. I personally don't care for either, though.

Tatanga said:
So according to people on this thread the following characters are overrated:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser
The Koopalings
Rosalina
Birdo
Wart
Tatanga
Bowser Jr.
DK
Diddy Kong
Waluigi
Funky Kong
Poochy
Geno
Fawful
Waluigi
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Wario
Petey Piranha
Toadette

So pretty much EVERYONE in the series is overrated then, except Daisy for some strange reason :???:. I have to say the Koopalings are very overrated by Nintendo. It was cool fighting them again in NSMBWii but now they're back AGAIN in NSMB2, c'mon, that's overdoing it a bit.

Are you saying this to get all the fans worked up or something?!

Mini Star said:
Are you saying this to get all the fans worked up or something?!

No, I think that is true, whether the fans/haters like it or not

ALL THEM ARE OVERRATED AND SUCKISH! LUIGI IS THE ONLY GOOD AND BETTER CHARACTER IN THIS SERIES!! FUCK ALL OF THEM! LUIGI IS BEST VIDEO GAME GOD EVER CREATED!!

that is totally necessary.

>People thinking Poochy is overrated

a ha ha lol

LUIGILOVER90 said:
ALL THEM ARE OVERRATED AND SUCKISH! LUIGI IS THE ONLY GOOD AND BETTER CHARACTER IN THIS SERIES!! FUCK ALL OF THEM! LUIGI IS BEST VIDEO GAME GOD EVER CREATED!!
OH MY GOD WHY ARE WE SHOUTING AND USING EXCLAMATION MARKS AND LUIGI ISNT A VIDEO GAME HES A CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME!

what

Back