Why do some hardcore gamers hate Mario?

Because now it's a little too simple and childish

Because some hardcore gamers are shallow and judge books by their covers

Define "hardcore gamers".

Surely this thread won't, nay, can't become more than repetitive venting about a vaguely described "annoying" demographic but- well, actually I don't think I need to finish this sentence.

Because hardcore gamers are just retards who live in a trailer

Because they prefer something with blood, guns, swear words, and something hardly violent, they're also graphic whores, they hate anything that is not designed to look like something from real life. Also Mario is too child-friendly, hardcore gamers think they would be gay and others will call them 1-year olds if they played it.

Not all hardcore gamers are that

Not even close

Baby Luigi said:
"hardcore gamers" is a dumb term, but I dislike modern Mario games because they're so shallow

The legend of zelda rocks said:
Why do some hardcore gamers hate Mario? :mad:
Because I hate them for hating him.

Nega-Man said:
They think it'll ruin their 'cool'ness if they like it.
Although it does not.

Mario may not be violent but still is liked by people who may also like Call of Duty. People think that Mario is all happiness by the cover but they need to think more that it's the gameplay that matters and not the cover or story.

New Super Yoshi said:
Nega-Man said:
They think it'll ruin their 'cool'ness if they like it.
Although it does not.

Mario may not be violent but still is liked by people who may also like Call of Duty. People think that Mario is all happiness by the cover but they need to think more that it's the gameplay that matters and not the cover or story.
True, true. I know a couple of people like that. I'm kind of just referring to the type of guys who will spam that Nintendo sucks because it's kiddy, uses motion controls (Which the other two companies are using now as well), and has inferior resolution. I don't mind them not liking Mario or even playing FPS. I just don't want to see people regurgitating these insults across IGN and YouTube, claiming that they speak for everybody. There are good, appreciative fans, but these guys just stick out like wildfire where I live, actually.

Man, we could get along better if we knew a little something called respect or opinion.

I know what u mean at high school u can't even mention Mario or Nintendo generally without being bagged. I do think that the graphics of the wii and the lack of 3rd party support for it and lacking online content didn't help though, hopefully the Wii U will fix these issues.

The legend of zelda rocks said:
Why do some hardcore gamers hate Mario? :mad:
Because some hardcore gamers are graphics whores that prefer Call of Duty to anything Nintendo, some even calling Nintendo games "retarded".

Why do Mario gamers hate "hardcore" gamers for not liking Mario, and yet hate the CoD franchise?

Look. I'm not a fan of CoD. But it's not the demonspawn that you guys think it is.

It's also highly hypocritical to hate people for hating Mario when you hate their favorite franchise as well.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Baby Luigi said:
"hardcore gamers" is a dumb term, but I dislike modern Mario games because they're so shallow

At least you have a valid reason for disliking them because at least you played them

Baby Luigi said:
At least you have a valid reason for disliking them because at least you played them
Have you played any of the Call of Duty games?

If not then you're in the exact same group of gamers as the Mario dislikers.

I hate CoD. I HAVE played CoD Modern Warefare 3 at a friends house and i utterly hated it.... I actually had plans to break the disk at once but i never did it.

And this "Hardcore Gamer" name, If ANY of you actually use the useless junk channels on the Wii (i dont think they are junk) then you would realize on the Nintendo Channel, where you basically do a little servey on the games it says either "Hardcore Gamer" or "Casual Gamer". So someone appearantly now spread across the internet that Hardcore gaming is killing/violence games...

Quote from wikipedia "Hardcore gamers prefer to take significant time and practice on games, and tend to play more involved games that require larger amounts of time to complete or master." And the rest doesnt say anything about FPS.

Back