Why do some hardcore gamers hate Mario?

Halo and Mario are two completely different games and should not be compared and stop ranting (thinking of another word) on about the logistics and probability of SMG, it's annoying.

I once saw someone call every NES game gay, saying the "grafics" suck, that Call of Duty is better, and that these games look like they were made by 4-year olds.

But that was YouTube.

Minuette said:
I once saw someone call every NES game gay, saying the "grafics" suck, that Call of Duty is better, and that these games look like they were made by 4-year olds.

But that was YouTube.

trolol

I can say how stupid he is in a near infinite number of ways

Baby Luigi said:
Minuette said:

But that was YouTube.

trolol

I can say how stupid he is in a near infinite number of ways
I'm going to hope that this person was trolling.

I'm probably guessing that the typically child-friendly nature of the Mario Universe is what tends to throw off certain hardcore gamers. And of course, most E-rated games nowadays are often considered too easy for the hardcore gamers.

People simply think, the only Hardcore Games on this world are Call of Duty, Battlefield, Elder's Scroll, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, and maybe Diablo too, but that's it.

My friends call themselves 'hardcore' gamers, but I can honestly say they aren't.

They might have put in alot of hours into Battlefield 3 and Skyrim, but they don't actually play much of anything else. At all. Played one game for a while but never looked at it again.

They're turned off by the fact it's more colourful and out of the ordinary than their games. They call it 'gay' because it looks stupid. It bugs me but theyre entitled to their opinion. Even if they haven't even tried them.

They also went through a phase of loving Call of Duty, but once they got Battlefield and had more fun, they casted Call of Duty away, also calling it 'gay'. They have less of an attention span than me.

If that is what a Hardcore Gamer is, count me out.

Crackin: True, to me, a Hardcore Gamer is someone that plays many different games.
That's even what it actually means.

The only games, which I keep coming back to, are Mario Kart, Pokémon, and Super Mario 64.
Of course I play a lot of other games too, but I'm getting bored with them, after a while.

In current days, I still have 9 stories to finish: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kingdom Hearts 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Kirby's Adventure Wii, The Last Story, The Conduit, Rayman Origins, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Lakitu, the Gamecube had better graphics than PS2, but the PS2 was still considered as more Hardcore.
But I'm sure the Wii U will be lower, than the next PlayStation and XBOX, because Nintendo uses older hardware a lot.
Even Nintendo 3DS's Graphics Chip, was a Chip from 2006.

I can't remember Nintendo, saying this at all.
Thanks for the information there!

Nobody hates Mario, nobody. When Super Mario Sunshine came out I thought it was cool to hate Mario because FLUDD was really lame but I know better now. Bring me anybody who says they hate Mario and I'll erase one of my files on Super Mario Sunshine for them because once you've actually played it you will definetly stop saying that you hate it, it's a god damn classic.

>I thought it was cool to hate Mario because FLUDD was really lame
When I was younger, I always thought, FLUDD was pronounced as "flut" (in Dutch, it's something negative, being something between "shit" and "disappointing").

Haha, funny. For me though FLUDD was the opposite of disappointing because I had really low expectations but it turned out to be really fun. I can't really blame myself for thinking it was lame though, I mean come on, no kid hears that there's a new video game about cleaning and gets excited.

Most people who describe themselves as hardcore gamers haven't even passed or played 1-1 of Super Mario Bros or Green Hill Zone Act 1 in Sonic 1.

That's a bit to much, isn't it?
Of course everybody knows these Levels, but these kind of people, don't want to admit it.

Uniju said:
Haha, funny. For me though FLUDD was the opposite of disappointing because I had really low expectations but it turned out to be really fun. I can't really blame myself for thinking it was lame though, I mean come on, no kid hears that there's a new video game about cleaning and gets excited.

I heard Everybody saying it sucked and gave it a try when I was younger. It was incredibly fun, it's too bad the shop I rented it from sold it before I could play it again. I might get it back sometime.

Toad85 said:
Nabber said:
Toad85 said:
Minuette said:
saying the "grafics" suck
>implying a game made in the 80s could have realistic graphics

*reggie*
That reminds me of the time someone was suggesting making a 4-bit game.
They actually did.

It's called Pong.
:lol:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
>I thought it was cool to hate Mario because FLUDD was really lame
When I was younger, I always thought, FLUDD was pronounced as "flut" (in Dutch, it's something negative, being something between "shit" and "disappointing").
As in "Wat een flutding". :)

>As in "Wat een flutding".

Exactly.

Back