Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

People I know love to either call Mario Super Mario or Mario Bros (as if Bros is his surname). I hate that. I always simply call him Mario (or Mario Mario).

Colour Splash has a better plot than SPM.

Considering your standards, I can't say that Super Paper Mario's much of a high bar to begin with.

My favorite Mario plots remains, however, things like Wendy's wanting America for her birthday, an evil tennis racket controlling the world, tone-deaf Bowser's using Waluigi to unleash chaos by stealing the music keys, Bowser ruining vacations when he means no fun at all, Bowser and Eggman's melting the world's ice so the Olympics can't be held, Mario's clever means of defeating Street Fighter characters such as running circles around Zangief, and Bowser's kidnapping Princess Peach so she can bake a cake for him (though don't like the epic soundtrack and grandiose space adventure which clashes with an otherwise great Mario plot). I can't say if anyone else vouches for my splendid opinions on plots so just trotting that out there.

My favorite Mario plots remains, however, things like Wendy's wanting America for her birthday, an evil tennis racket controlling the world, tone-deaf Bowser's using Waluigi to unleash chaos by stealing the music keys, Bowser ruining vacations when he means no fun at all, Bowser and Eggman's melting the world's ice so the Olympics can't be held, Mario's clever means of defeating Street Fighter characters such as running circles around Zangief, and Bowser's kidnapping Princess Peach so she can bake a cake for him (though don't like the epic soundtrack and grandiose space adventure which clashes with an otherwise great Mario plot). I can't say if anyone else vouches for my splendid opinions on plots so just trotting that out there.
Could you tell me each of the games where these plots come from?

Cake is good.
I like cake too

Could you tell me each of the games where these plots come from?
In order:

- The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 episode "Reptiles of the Rose Garden"
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
- pretty sure this was one of the comics but can't remember off the top of my head
- one of the Mario & Sonic games held in the Winter, again can't remember
- the Club Nintendo comic Super Mario Klemp-Won-Do: Muskeln sind nicht alles!
- probably the The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! episode "Stars in their Eyes"?

Hey @Princess Mario what's my grade

In order:

- Mario Tennis Aces
- pretty sure this was one of the comics but can't remember off the top of my head
Pretty much what I was getting but I assumed the fourth one was Sunshine and the last one was Galaxy.

That's the DS Version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (the location and year is Vancouver 2010, though they weren't used in the title until London 2012 ). The Wii version has the far less interesting plot of "It's the Olympics, go and win the events."

In order:

- Mario Tennis Aces

Yeah I pretty much haven't played/watched/read any of these aside from (assuming YFJ is correct) half of Sunshine and both Galaxies.

In order:

- The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 episode "Reptiles of the Rose Garden" ✅
- Mario Tennis Aces ✅
- Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix ✅
- pretty sure this was one of the comics but can't remember off the top of my head❌ Mario Party 7: "They're going on a vacation... AND NOT TAKING ME! They want a fun vacation? I'll give them a fun vacation! And by that, I mean NO FUN AT ALL! "
- one of the Mario & Sonic games held in the Winter, again can't remember ✅ Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo DS)
- the Club Nintendo comic Super Mario Klemp-Won-Do: Muskeln sind nicht alles! ✅
- probably the The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! episode "Stars in their Eyes"❌ ? Super Mario Galaxy 2: "Maybe I'll have Peach bake ME something for once... I could sure go for a galaxy-sized slice of cake right now!"

So 5/7, ain't all that bad especially with the Club Nintendo comic reference. Nice try with the last one! But I don't see any mention of cake in it?

What specifics about Super Mario Bros. 3 do you like more than World?

And there's the inherent hilarity of imaging Samus getting crushed and the fleeing in terror after landing on a Bowser space, while Lucina gets launched from a Warp Space and lands on Ness and Mr. Game & Watch.

Super Smash Kart: boring, tired, has the potential to be clunky

I find it funny when people want Mario Kart to be replaced by a Mario Kart clone.

Same people who also complain about clone characters taking up "slots".

I'd like to see Smash Kart as it would be a good excuse to make a more skill based Mario Kart game. Besides that, I'd prefer Mario Kart to stay as just Mario.

I'd like to see Smash Kart as it would be a good excuse to make a more skill based Mario Kart game. Besides that, I'd prefer Mario Kart to stay as just Mario.

It should be named something else. I really find calling it "Super Smash Kart" to be incredibly tacky and very derivative of Mario Kart. I mean, it's called "Super Smash Bros." because characters fight each other and the title entirely fits that. I would prefer if it was like...I don't know, something similar to, but not identical to Sonic & All Stars Racing.

If Paper Mario does have a return to form I wouldn't be mad if they kept the redesigned enemies, like the Goombas, Koopas, Buzzy Beetles, Dry Bones, etc.

ehh my hopes aren't up for them to change that part back, given how minor of a thing it is, but I ultimately prefer the older designs, except maybe Boos and Dry Bones. Other than them, the designs are either pointless (such as goombas and Koopas, they looked better with their exaggerated features to complement the 2D style rather than being direct translations of the 3D versions, but ultimately the changes were too minor to even see the point of why they did it). Buzzy Beetles I miss them being cute rather than unsettling. Tippi in SPM comments on how cute they are a few times, if it had the new design those comments would be out of place and odd. That said, yeah if the rest of the game was traditional and brought back the original cast, I wouldn't mind the enemies that were in SS and CS keeping their appearance from those games. Except characters like say, Goombella or Parakarry. If they come back, I don't want them redesigned.

I wouldn't expect to ever see them again in anything that isn't a remake.

And thats not a dig against them, it's just a simple statement of facts.

I wouldn't expect to ever see them again in anything that isn't a remake.

And thats not a dig against them, it's just a simple statement of facts.
I think we've got a chance. Maybe not a huge chance, but a considerable one.

Imma hope but not be too dissappointed

So 5/7, ain't all that bad especially with the Club Nintendo comic reference. Nice try with the last one! But I don't see any mention of cake in it?
I can tell I'm going to learn a lot about Mario being on these forums, things I didn't even consider to exist.
Is everything you listed have english adaptations? -hopeful-

If Paper Mario does have a return to form I wouldn't be mad if they kept the redesigned enemies, like the Goombas, Koopas, Buzzy Beetles, Dry Bones, etc.

They're not going to use the older, contemporary designs from the 1990's for practically any character. In the original Paper Mario, cribbed off designs for Koopa Troopas, Goombas, Boos, etc. from their contemporary games such as Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. Dunno where they got the Buzzy Beetle design from though.

The old Paper Mario Buzzy Beetles look kinda like the Para Buzzy Beetles, though the weird toenail things are all their own.

Back