Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Bowser's almost as worshipped as the guy in my avatar. I wouldn't say he's underloved.

Indeed. He's never had a lack of fans.

I had the impression that Mario Boards loves Bowser so I don't know how someone could come to the conclusion that Bowser isn't all that popular. Of course Mario Boards isn't the only place, but if this place had loved him I don't see how it's all that unpopular to be a fan of Bowser.

Thank you for reading.

Snow J said:
And let's not forget the big axe/button that cuts away the platform. Yes, fireballs and other powerup tend to be available, but these big advantages mentioned are put there by Bowser himself. Without them, defeating him would be more difficult, if not impossible, for Mario and Luigi.
I have seen it more as Mario being creative and pragmatic by being able to exploit Bowser's environment to his advantage, just in ways that seem clearer in gameplay.

Look, I am a Mario fan. Just doing my job to downplay Bowser and give more credit to Marioo.

What, you mean he was gonna create an axe using some of the bricks in the castle and use it to destroy the bridge?

I always like to think that Peach put it there with her poorly explained magical powers.

Mind you I have no evidence to support this.

Especially considering we never heard of her magical powers after SMB.

Hey, she uses them from time to time.
And I know we use the axe and bridge as immediate examples of Bowser's stellar arena design, can you look me straight in the eye and justify the arenas and mines from Super Mario 64?

SM64 is actually how I came up with the headcanon as before the first boss fight with Bowser there is a sign outside the pipe written by Peach telling Mario to use them.

Mcmadness said:
SM64 is actually how I came up with the headcanon as before the first boss fight with Bowser there is a sign outside the pipe written by Peach telling Mario to use them.

Well that serves as evidence.

Or...

It's just insider information.

Could go either way, really.

I think it's a believable headcanon. In SM64's ending, Peach literally teleports to the Castle flying down from the sky iirc. That's magic.

I feel I'm one of the few people who has Kamek's Tantalizing Tower as one of their favorite boards in the Mario Party series, and its also my favorite one in Super Mario Party

Isabelle said:
Or...

It's just insider information.

Could go either way, really.

Indeed. Which is why I say it's a headcanon and nothing more.

But I like it as it answers a long unanswered question and gives Peach something to do while being kidnapped.

I never even noticed the sign. Wow.
Maybe that's what inspired the Peach intermissions in the first two Paper Marios?

Pheromosa said:
I feel I'm one of the few people who has Kamek's Tantalizing Tower as one of their favorite boards in the Mario Party series, and its also my favorite one in Super Mario Party
I haven't played Super Mario Party, but the gimmick seems like the spawn of DK's Stone Statue/that one board from 6 and Pangoda Peak.
Just looking at it, I don't see anything bad.

It ain't bad.

But you know people... they're picky. So annoyingly picky...

Sure sucks to be very easy-going, doesn't it?

Wait people don't like Kamek's tower?

I mean, this is a game where none of the boards are bad, so I'm thankful.

ThatGuy62 said:
Hey, she uses them from time to time.
And I know we use the axe and bridge as immediate examples of Bowser's stellar arena design, can you look me straight in the eye and justify the arenas and mines from Super Mario 64?
Bowser bought those from Home Depot and thought those mines looked freaking badass, but without realizing that they were explosive. After the first fight, he called Home Depot to remove them, but the cost of bomb removal was way too much, so he just left them there.

Nevertheless, Mario just did the equivalent of shooting a bad guy hunter's deer trophy piece and having the thing fall and crack the bad guy hunter's skull.

On a matter of personal enjoyment I'd put Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam a step ahead of Dream Team and Partners in Time, maybe the other two games were a bit better objectively but with Paper Jam there were a lot of little things that made me enjoy the game more, like how there were coins hidden everywhere and that you could fast-forward the cutscenes so you didn't spend more time on them than the actual game.

I would love Yarn Miis to take part in the levels, like these:
tumblr_pl3esxaeZN1rrftcdo2_500.jpg

They ended up just taking up spots on the map to say something from Miiverse, but I would love some Yarn Miis. Unfortunately it's for the best that they aren't playable as many a Mario fan would probably be upset with this decision.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:

They ended up just taking up spots on the map to say something from Miiverse, but I would love some Yarn Miis. Unfortunately it's for the best that they aren't playable as many a Mario fan would probably be upset with this decision.

Thank you for reading.
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! I dont know Yarn Miis existed!

CamTro said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! I dont know Yarn Miis existed!
They're in the Wii U version of Yoshi's Woolly World, but you had to manually activate them via the options menu. They don't appear anymore, now that Miiverse is dead.

Back