Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Peach is not completely useless.

I am honest with it. Peach may look like a shit character most of the time, but she's not all that shit once you consider SMB2USA, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, her own game, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Run, and Mario + Rabbids into consideration. Her floating in SMB2 along with her slight slowness makes World 4 in SMB2 a complete non-issue. Man are Ice Levels difficult without Peach. She makes those a complete non-issue as well. She should get some love for that.
I mean yeah she appears to be defenseless and doesn't do much outside of baking cakes, and getting kidnapped. But when she's playable she's awesome. She's not all that bad. Granted I am tired of Peach being depicted as a mostly useless character 90% of the time and I want Nintendo to have her be playable and get better security. I also want Peach to be able to fight more often like she does in her own game and Super Mario 3D World, that would be a way to not make her look completely useless and even let people like her more. I mean a lot of people love to hate Peach as character for this reason and say she sucks and that her looks are the only good things about her.

I do pretty fine using Toad exclusively in SMB2. I didn't like using Peach for boss battles due to how weak she is.

Baby Luigi said:
I do pretty fine using Toad exclusively in SMB2. I didn't like using Peach for boss battles due to how weak she is.

Well Peach may be slow at plucking, I didn't find her speed to be that painfully slow at running and Peach has good jumping and her floating can be useful sometimes. Besides when it comes to World 4, Peach's slight slowness can be a good thing and make it a bit easier. Peach excells in Ice Levels the best in all honesty due to her slight slowness and I can say the same in Super Mario 3D World. Her high jump and floating allows you to reach more places and allow you to correct mistakes. I can say the same with Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Run.

I don't think it's really popular to see Peach being useless around here.

I think most people around here are aware of the fact that Peach's useless/usefulness is entirely dependent on what the developers intend to do for that game.

I fully agree. However it seems that most of the time Nintendo decides to make her a mostly useless character by having her be the damsel in distress and getting kidnapped a lot, but when she's playable she's not useless and can be very handy as I've said. Even in Super Mario Odyssey, she does have some usefulness in the post game as she gives you Power Moons which is pretty nice. I really think the vast majority of Peach's haters and people who dislike her in general really need to realize that even the most useless character ever can sometimes be helpful like in SMB2, Super Mario RPG, Super Princess Peach, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario 3D World, and even Super Mario Run. I would love to see Peach and Daisy playable in more games and without them being damsels in distresses because it is getting pretty tiring.

While being useless is sometimes a criterion for why people don't like Peach, it's not the only reason. People usually evaluate Peach's track record before they judge her, and they see a poor track record, and thus they dislike her. I don't think her playable status will change people's perception of her being just bland. I find Peach to just be there on the roster. IMO she's way too pleasant and restrained that subtracts from her character. Her facial expressions are all the sameish, she doesn't really get to experience much of a range of emotion, her speech patterns are all practically the same; she doesn't even joke lamely. I just like to see Peach and Daisy interact with each other, but we're not getting that because of self-defeating "Daisy contributes nothing to the series".

Waluigi should use dancing as a gimmick to try to sell tacos.

He doesn't like tacos, he only had to sell them once to pay his rent.

But seriously a dancing game would be cool. Waluigi's most distinctive trait aside from his worthlessness is his fabulousness. Hell he even has a rose when he dances in some games.

He had a rose in, what, Mario Party 8 and Mario Golf? Don't really see a rose beyond that. Damn, he's so vain lol. Or a Socdem. :P

The mushroom kingdom itself is a social democracy. There are free coins and gold everywhere :peach: .

Also Waluigi had a rose in uhhh Mario Tennis Aces too? That's the newest game he's in and it's a Mario Tennis game so it matters.

To comment on the conversation from earlier, the problem is that people underestimate Peach due to how easily she gets kidnapped, when all they really prove is just how much they underestimate Bowser.

Because yeah, sure, Peach gets kidnapped a lot, but 90% of those are due to Bowser and nobody stops and thinks about how other regions or nations have dealt with him.

The same Bowser who split Jewelry Land into two realms and promptly conquered both, imprisoning both the king and the prince of the region.
The same Bowser who's offspring turned the Mushroom Kings into animals.
The same Bowser who shoved all the Yoshis into eggs.
The same Bowser who stormed Star Haven and stole the Star Rod.
The same Bowser who's son created chaos on Isle Delfino.
The same Bowser who trapped the Sprixies into bottles.
The same Bowser who ran riot all over the world, all for the sake of a wedding.
The same Bowser who was minutes away from conquering/destroying the universe. Twice.
The same Bowser who can time travel.

Now look at Bowser, with his airships and tanks and ability to lay waste to your kingdom (like in Galaxy or Super Mario Run) and ask yourself: Do you want to press your luck or would you rather he just use a giant cake to trap you? :bowser:

-He stole Music Keys which have the ability to cause chaos in the world.
-He ruined people's dreams by invading the Dream Depot.
-When he said "give them a fun vacation" due to him not being invited to the Party Cruise, he really meant NO FUN AT ALL!
-He has ruined the phrase "free eats can't be beat" by shrinking his guests he invited.
-As far as I'm concerned, no one succeeded in taking back the Party Islands away from him or dismantling the Bowser Tower.
-He caused disruption to the Baseball Kingdom by forcing characters to play baseball.
-He and Eggman have ruined the Olympics twice, once for melting ice so the winter games can't take place and twice for generating fog so the Olympics can't be held.

He's EVIL.

I've been trying to say that for years but nobody every listened to me.

Don't forget that in a lot of the games, Mario can only beat Bowser (or the world boss) because Bowser gives him the means of victory.
Mario 64: the bombs
Mario Sunshine: the rocket nozzle markings
Mario Galaxy: the glass floor
Galaxy 2: the meteors
3D World: the bombs and the big ol' POW block
Odyssey: the punchy hat

And let's not forget the big axe/button that cuts away the platform. Yes, fireballs and other powerup tend to be available, but these big advantages mentioned are put there by Bowser himself. Without them, defeating him would be more difficult, if not impossible, for Mario and Luigi.

Snow J said:
Don't forget that in a lot of the games, Mario can only beat Bowser (or the world boss) because Bowser gives him the means of victory.
Mario 64: the bombs
Mario Sunshine: the rocket nozzle markings
Mario Galaxy: the glass floor
Galaxy 2: the meteors
3D World: the bombs and the big ol' POW block
Odyssey: the punchy hat

And let's not forget the big axe/button that cuts away the platform. Yes, fireballs and other powerup tend to be available, but these big advantages mentioned are put there by Bowser himself. Without them, defeating him would be more difficult, if not impossible, for Mario and Luigi.
Don't forget...
SMB3: The brick blocks
SMW: The Mechakoopas

Literally all of Bowser's boss fights in the mainline Mario games involve using something of his against him.

Mcmadness said:

Understandable as many people don't care about Bowser and prefer to love more and worship other characters like Geno, Fawful, Dimentio, Tatanga, etc.

Buttons and axes to cut down the bridge.

He has no need for those yet they're there.

Sure, every great villain's got to have a flaw.

I have my own headcanon for why those things are there but tis only a headcanon.

Saltman said:
Mcmadness said:

Understandable as many people don't care about Bowser and prefer to love more and worship other characters like Geno, Fawful, Dimentio, Tatanga, etc.

I think more people love and worship Bowser more than those characters will ever dream of.

Back