Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I ship King Boo and Shy Guy because the both have the letter g and have white on them (/s)

J-Yoshi64 said:
This may or may not be similar to the reasoning behind shipping Bowser and Rosalina because they're both single parents.

Unlike with Yoshi, however, Rosalina has a negative relationship with Bowser, so I do not see them working well at all.

MnSG said:
J-Yoshi64 said:
This may or may not be similar to the reasoning behind shipping Bowser and Rosalina because they're both single parents.

Unlike with Yoshi, however, Rosalina has a negative relationship with Bowser, so I do not see them working well at all.
what if they're tsundere

Champion Road is my favorite variation of the Gusty Garden music track

I prefer Big Dripper from Mario Party 7 over Coney Island from Mario Party 5. I think the latter has a much better concept and ending though.

One thing about New Donk City that I found a bit iffy: DK kidnapping Pauline is considered a big historical event, so much that a festival is dedicated to it. Why do those people celebrate an incident? If that's okay, why did they forget that a big fat reptile with a crown previously terrorized the city from a zeppelin? How's that for a change?

(Assuming Big Ape City is the same as New Donk City.)

Princess Zelda said:
Champion Road is my favorite variation of the Gusty Garden music track

I actually agree with this, if only because I barely listen to GGG that much as is.

Borp said:
This is why you don't assume. :yoshi:

Yeah, but apparently both places are the same because both are said to have hosted the original fight with DK. It couldn't happen in two separate locations at the same time...

Super Radio said:
One thing about New Donk City that I found a bit iffy: DK kidnapping Pauline is considered a big historical event, so much that a festival is dedicated to it. Why do those people celebrate an incident? If that's okay, why did they forget that a big fat reptile with a crown previously terrorized the city from a zeppelin? How's that for a change?

(Assuming Big Ape City is the same as New Donk City.)
Haha I never thought about that but you are right. That'd be like Boston having a huge festival for the Marathon Bombings! Okay, maybe not that extrreme but you get what I'm saying.

They even have a reenactment of the attack DK did. You'd think Pauline would be sickened to see such a thing... But actually she's the one who put it together right? The whole thing makes no sense.

It is the Mario series so yes.

Super Radio said:
One thing about New Donk City that I found a bit iffy: DK kidnapping Pauline is considered a big historical event, so much that a festival is dedicated to it. Why do those people celebrate an incident?

I mean, it's more of a bit of quirky folklore than a tragedy.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
original characters are important to the Mario series.

Indeed they are.

I like Glowsquid's point. There is no fatality in the Mario series, hence no one really cares how dramatic that event "could" have been.

I'd wager the fabled battle in Crumbleden didn't even have real weapons. The swords in the ground are plastic, and Lord of Lightning is Bowser's Chinese bootleg.

Original characters are important to the Mario series. Without them creating original characters, we wouldn't have Lord of Lightning, Cappy, Glydon, the Broodals, and the friendly NPCs of the various kingdoms.

Super Radio said:
Yeah, but apparently both places are the same because both are said to have hosted the original fight with DK. It couldn't happen in two separate locations at the same time...

The blurb in the DKL manual only vaguely alludes to the original DK game. It doesn't say "this is where it happened". It just says it "brings back fond memories".

Super Radio said:
One thing about New Donk City that I found a bit iffy: DK kidnapping Pauline is considered a big historical event, so much that a festival is dedicated to it. Why do those people celebrate an incident?
Probably because it got Mario into heroism?

Correct, both of you. Now that I think about it, the song "Jump Up, Super Star" is about Mario, not DK. The festival is therefore in honor of Mario, who started out his career by defeating DK. Cranky Kong must die of envy.

Question answered, thank you.

Even if we say you can die in the Mario universe, no one really got harmed other than DK. The worse thing that happened was damaging/breaking construction girders.

Back