Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Another one:

I'm not looking forward to Mario Kart Eight Deluxe. Feels too much like "Super Smash Kart". I'd much much rather wait for Mario Kart 9.

ArthurEngine said:
"Super Smash Kart"

I'd be perfectly fine with this existing. Perhaps even being the new norm for the Kart series.

I don't know how unpopular this is but I absolutely would HATE if Mario Kart got replaced by -Ugh- Super Smash Kart.

i honestly don't think the majority would be willing to transform Mario Kart into ''Smash'' Kart.

I am fine with guest characters , but it really rubs me the wrong way that they put them as priority over Mario characters.

I don't want a Smash Kart to replace Mario Kart, but I wouldn't mind seeing a standalone Smash Kart or Nintendo Kart

They should rename it to Bowser Kart.

Totally not biased

My take on the issue is that I still want Mario Kart to be... Mario Kart. Predominantly Mario characters, stages, items and such, but having some guest racers (and have it clear that they're *guests*, not the main thing) is nice as long as it's not overdone.

Dunno how unpopular this is, but I prefer the Mario & Luigi series to Paper Mario. Not by much though.

Alone is pretty much the only way I CAN play Mario Party so me too. They should have online features.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
My most disliked newcomer in Mario Kart 8 is Isabelle.
I also agree with this, but it's a tie with all the other guest characters. I consider them a waste of resources that could've gone towards more unique Mario newcomers since most of those were more metals/babies/glorified power-ups. MK8's newcomers were disappointing in general, with the Koopalings being the only interesting ones and even then, they should've been a dropdown menu from Bowser Jr. (who also should've been in base game)

Believe it or not (since I used to be one of her biggest haters) I'd take Honey Queen back over most of what we're getting now.

The music is the only good thing about Dolphin Shoals. I groan whenever that track is picked online or when I get to it in Grand Prix (and it's in the same cup as Mount Wario so I have to endure it if I want to enjoy that track in Grand Prix)

Speaking of Super Mario 3D World, sure it's the same thing with Bowser doing the kidnapping, but here, he kidnapped not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 princesses to set Mario and friends out on another adventure, and at least he's not after Peach in that game.

Why should the Koopalings be a drop down menu for Bowser Jr? They have different stats, weight class, and animations. All the work needed to make them would be the same, so it doesn't magically free up time/space for other characters. Besides, it would be hypocritical to ask for them to be a drop down menu, when characters who actually use the same model and share stats, like Daisy, are their own slot.

ArthurEngine said:
Speaking of Super Mario 3D World, sure it's the same thing with Bowser doing the kidnapping, but here, he kidnapped not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 princesses to set Mario and friends out on another adventure, and at least he's not after Peach in that game.

*Insert excuse plot here.*

I have a quite a lot of unpopular opinions, so here goes my most blatant ones:
-I like 3D World as much I like the Galaxy series
-I think 3D Land was pretty much terrible
-I prefer Paper Mario 64 over TTYD
-Double Dash and Wii are my least favorite Mario Kart games, and Super Circuit ranks fairly high in my list. On the DD subject, I think the special items were really unbalanced and I don't want to see them ever again
-SMB2 is my favorite out of the NES platformers

Mario Party 8 is my third favorite Mario Party, after Mario Party 3 and 7.

Here's my ranking of the MK8 courses, from favorite to least favorite:

1. Wii Grumble Volcano
2. N64 Rainbow Road
3. Big Blue
4. Mount Wario
5. Mute City
6. N64 Yoshi Valley
7. Wii Wario's Gold Mine
8. 3DS Piranha Plant Slide
9. SNES Donut Plains 3
10. 3DS DK Jungle
11. Wii Moo Moo Meadows
12. GCN Baby Park
13. Cloudtop Cruise
14. Wii U Rainbow Road
15. N64 Royal Raceway
16. 3DS Music Park
17. GCN Dry Dry Desert
18. DS Cheep Cheep Beach
19. GCN Sherbet Land
20. DS Tick Tock Clock
21. Bowser's Castle
22. Water Park
23. GBA Cheese Land
24. Neo Bowser City
25. GCN Yoshi Circuit
26. Hyrule Circuit
27. Super Bell Subway
28. Toad Harbor
29. Thwomp Ruins
30. Twisted Mansion
31. Electrodrome
32. Sunshine Airport
33. Ice Ice Outpost
34. Sweet Sweet Canyon
35. DS Wario Stadium
36. Excitebike Arena
37. Shy Guy Falls
38. Bone-Dry Dunes
39. SNES Rainbow Road
40. Mario Kart Stadium
41. GBA Mario Circuit
42. Mario Circuit
43. Dolphin Shoals
44. Wild Woods
45. Dragon Driftway
46. Animal Crossing
47. GBA Ribbon Road
48. N64 Toad's Turnpike

Damn, don't you think you're being at least a bit harsh on GBA Ribbon Road? They took a course from Super Circuit, a game whose tracks don't normally translate well in a 3D environment, and they made this beautiful course that almost feels brand new. What's your beef with it?

Magikrazy said:
dang, don't you think you're being at least a bit harsh on GBA Ribbon Road? They took a course from Super Circuit, a game whose tracks don't normally translate well in a 3D environment, and they made this beautiful course that almost feels brand new. What's your beef with it?

I just find it underwhelming and boring compared to the rest of the courses. Toad's Turnpike is more boring though.

But then you got Moo Moo Meadows all the way up at number ten?

Also, I just noticed you got Music Park and Tick Tock Clock up there twice.
Edit: and Shy Guy Falls

Back