Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

BiS Bowser = best Bowser in my opinion

Best sprites, best voice, and fantastic personality

Dr. Mario said:
Time Turner said:
Mario's the antagonist in Donkey Kong 2, but he was also caging a wild animal who had just kidnapped someone. Being an antagonist doesn't necessarily make you a villain.
Well, uh

Meele trophy said:
Mario has played many roles, including racer, doctor, golfer, and villain.

Pretty sure Mario's the bad guy in DK Jr. And Mario Kills Tanooki.
mario did nothing wrong

Kurt Cobain said:

Bowser is always best.

Except in the latter 2 PMs.

Time Turner said:
Dr. Mario said:
Time Turner said:
Mario's the antagonist in Donkey Kong 2, but he was also caging a wild animal who had just kidnapped someone. Being an antagonist doesn't necessarily make you a villain.
Well, uh

Meele trophy said:
Mario has played many roles, including racer, doctor, golfer, and villain.

Pretty sure Mario's the bad guy in DK Jr. And Mario Kills Tanooki.
mario did nothing wrong
Of course he didn't, but they call him a villain so he's technically a villain.

Mcmadness said:
Kurt Cobain said:

Bowser is always best.

Except in the latter 2 PMs.
What about in Super Mario RPG?

Yeah that ain't so good either but I give it more slack due to when it was released.

They should get rid of magikoopas altogether except kamek, that way his appearance will be unique.

And for the most part that seems to be what they are doing.

Or just give the enemy Magikoopas a different color

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

The music to Dire Dire Docks is meh at best.

Bluejay Staraptor said:
My unpopular opinion is that Rosalina has a personality better than looks.

You care more for her personality than looks? Well I do too.

Myrmidon NSY said:
The music to Dire Dire Docks is meh at best.

Yeah Jolly Roger Bay is better

The music is meant to be taken as atmospheric rather than having a defined melody, that's why many people like it, as it fits with the level theme.

Bluejay Staraptor said:
My unpopular opinion is that Rosalina has a personality better than looks.

idk i like both equally.

nothing compared to peach though.

Rosalina is a generic space waifu.

I consider Rosalina has lost her personnality since Mario Kart 7, mainly because of her voice change and appearing in every Mario game.
She is basically a blue Peach at this point.

Has she really lost her personality or are people just surprised that she can relax and cut loose and not be super serious all the time.

Mcmadness said:
Has she really lost her personality or are people just surprised that she can relax and cut loose and not be super serious all the time.
Her personality's gone because she hasn't been in any games with a decent plot since the first Galaxy. 3D World, for example, could only give her some grunts and special moves to separate her from Peach, as actual speaking is forever banned in mainstream Mario titles.

She has the spin jump.

Nor is it taking any away.

Aside from Starlow, I don't dislike a single character within any of the Mario games. I don't think Daisy is annoying at all and I fail to understand why people think her "Hi, I'm Daisy!" is all that obnoxious next to the loud noises that all of the other characters make within the same game.

I guess you could say that's unpopular, lol.

Liking Rosalina's current voice and portrayal is an unpopular opinion.

with voice i mean the one that sounds nothing like the Bios describe her to be , ''mysterious'' etc.

with portrayal i mean all games starting with Super Mario 3D World. Rosalina's official render makes me cringe , the way she smiles is so forced and unatural , especially when in all her images she never did , and currently never does (In MP10 she just gently smiles so it doesn't count).

My unpopular opinion related to this:

I think that Rosalina appearing in 3D World was a mistake , Since this game forced her to become a lame generic Mario character , much like Mario himself , that lacks depth , and has a generic personality that appeals children. That's very lame.

If Rosalina didn't appear in 3D World , chances are that her portrayal wouldn't have started to derail and become a filler , just like Daisy is.

---- unpopular opinion ends here -----

I also think that Rosalina is widely called out for not being deserving of such treatment , and i can agree to some extend.

All the characters had a reason to be added to the series and spin off games.

Mario - Title character

Luigi - 2P

Peach - Main Female character

Wario - Mario's evil counterpart

Yoshi - Beloved sidekick that actually has something to do with Mario , helping him as a Baby.

Bowser - Main Villian

Daisy - Females and humans were needed and she was brought back

Waluigi - Wario needed a tennis partner ; yes Waluigi's origins are as lame as how he acts.

Rosalina - ??????

Rosalina was added into everything by no real reason at all ; She was just a NPC and that's done , 2007 is in the past.

Judging by this , i'm starting to believe that Rosalina is like the lighting (FF) Of Mario , only that Rosalina is liked ... maybe for the wrong reasons , but still liked.

ルイージ said:
Aside from Starlow, I don't dislike a single character within any of the Mario games. I don't think Daisy is annoying at all and I fail to understand why people think her "Hi, I'm Daisy!" is all that obnoxious next to the loud noises that all of the other characters make within the same game.

I guess you could say that's unpopular, lol.
I also think Daisy's "Hi I'm Daisy" is overblown way out of proportion. You know what's annoying? Swapping between "It's-a Mario time" and "Hi I'm Daisy".

Swiftie_Luma said:
Daisy - Females and humans were needed and she was brought back
If you can't think of a role Rosalina plays, this is a good option too.

Pretty sad, but in the end, I, a female, tend to gravitate toward male characters so that's even more sad.

Back