Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Ninelevendo said:
The Koopalings don't "deserve" to rule out Mario Kart regulars such as Diddy, Birdo, King Boo or Bowser Jr..
They didn't.

They were in, and the others weren't. Simple as that. If Nintendo wanted to put in the others, they would have. It wasn't between the two.

Magikrazy said:
Ninelevendo said:
The Koopalings don't "deserve" to rule out Mario Kart regulars such as Diddy, Birdo, King Boo or Bowser Jr..
They didn't.

They were in, and the others weren't. Simple as that. If Nintendo wanted to put in the others, they would have. It wasn't between the two.
I read an article once where the Mario Kart director said he had to drop those regulars in favor of Koopalings, and apologized to the fans of said regulars.

Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
They "deserve" to more than Smash Baby and Pretty Scrap Metal.
Hey, don't diss Metal Mario.

jk

Magikrazy said:
Ninelevendo said:
They didn't.

HOWEVER. The koopalings are on the rise of popularity, and Nintendo must've thought it would be nice to promote them more with MK8. Like BlackNerdComedy said:

The koopalings are the McRib of the Mushroom Kingdom.
And I want my McRib, Nintendo.

I don't even get that analogy

Baby Luigi said:
I don't even get that analogy
I'm glad you don't understand because I don't understand either.

Shy​ Guy said:
Magikrazy said:
Ninelevendo said:
They didn't.

I read an article once where the Mario Kart director said he had to drop those regulars in favor of Koopalings, and apologized to the fans of said regulars.
Shy Guy, you have my thanks.

Here's a REALLY unpopular opinion: I couldn't care less about the MK8 roster.

King Harkinian said:

I'm the same way for just about any Mario Kart game. To a lesser extent this also kinda extends to the other Mario Spin-Off games. As long as the usual characters are there. I'm fine.

King Harkinian said:

I care only about...hmm.. like one character in that roster

What problems?

I mean, this might as well be changed to "Unpopular Opinions about Mario Kart 8"

King Harkinian said:
I mean, this might as well be changed to "Unpopular Opinions about Mario Kart 8"

Not really since MK8 is part of the Mario series. And this thread has been around far longer then when MK8 released xP

Northern Verve said:
King Harkinian said:

Not really since MK8 is part of the Mario series. And this thread has been around far longer then when MK8 released xP
That was sarcasm.

Baby Luigi said:
Cheep-Cheeps have been without playable appearances longer

so...?

I want Cheep-Cheep in Mario Kart now. :cheep:

They can cut out some other crap character nobody needs.

Like, idk, Mario or something.

Yeah, that Mario guy's been stealing spots from more deserving characters for waaaay too long.

Random opinions.

I hate the SPM version of Bowser
Wiggler was a perfectly fine addition to MK7
The removal of the story and partners from Sticker star didn't bother me. I agree it was a bad idea but it ultimately didn't bother me.
I liked the baby swapping of yoshi's island DS.

Pink Gold Peach was my most wanted newcomer for MK8.

In all seriousness though, the ball rolling galaxies from Galaxy 1 were some of my favorite missions in the game.

Cynthia said:
Maᴙio said:
Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
They "deserve" to more than Smash Baby and Pretty Scrap Metal.
Hey, don't diss Metal Mario.

jk

I believe he was referring to PGP.
Yes I was.

Back