Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

There is no such thing as a truely terrible Mario game (as in, there is always something at least interesting about any given Mario game, not that they all all great)
Mario is Missing!
Mario's Time Machine
Mario's Early Years

yoshiking14x said:
Baby Yoshis(SMW-Type) are not ugly or drunk like most people say. They actually look sleepy.
People think Baby Yoshi's are drunk? wtf? I mean seriously, they just hatched from an egg. Do you expect just new born dinosaurs to look 100% normal?

Magikrazy said:
There is no such thing as a truely terrible Mario game (as in, there is always something at least interesting about any given Mario game, not that they all all great)
Mario is Missing!
Mario's Time Machine
Mario's Early Years

1. Luigi is the star. It's also one of the very very few multiform mario games with even a pc version. That would never happen nowadays.
2. The only time travel plot a Mario game had before Mario and Luigi Partners in time
3. An educational mario game. A novelty at best.

Like I said, I don't think all Mario games are good. I can just think of interesting things about all of them.

Hackmon said:
yoshiking14x said:
Baby Yoshis(SMW-Type) are not ugly or drunk like most people say. They actually look sleepy.
People think Baby Yoshi's are drunk? wtf? I mean seriously, they just hatched from an egg. Do you expect just new born dinosaurs to look 100% normal?

That's just like criticizing babies for having big cheeks, technically I witnessed more people saying Baby Yoshi is stoned than being drunk which is not any better.

Yes I obviously agree with you, they are cute and quite useful in rescuing-Peach-situations. And they do the cool whistling sound.

Mechayoshi said:
Magikrazy said:
Mario is Missing!
Mario's Time Machine
Mario's Early Years

1. Luigi is the star. It's also one of the very very few multiform mario games with even a pc version. That would never happen nowadays.
2. The only time travel plot a Mario game had before Mario and Luigi Partners in time

Like I said, I don't think all Mario games are good. I can just think of interesting things about all of them.
How about Hotel Mario?

Ninelevendo said:
Mechayoshi said:
Magikrazy said:
Mario is Missing!
Mario's Time Machine
Mario's Early Years

How about Hotel Mario?
You stay at a hotel.....lol jk

Ninelevendo said:
Mechayoshi said:
Magikrazy said:
Mario is Missing!
Mario's Time Machine
Mario's Early Years

How about Hotel Mario?
The cutscenes.

Magikrazy said:
Ninelevendo said:
Mechayoshi said:
Magikrazy said:
Mario is Missing!
Mario's Time Machine
Mario's Early Years

How about Hotel Mario?
The cutscenes.
The Hotal Mario (and the zelda cdi) cutscenes are some of the most creepy things I ever saw.

Also I enjoyed Yoshi's Island DS more than Yoshi's Island. I guess it could be I played the former first but I found the game to be more challenging as a whole. I have stayed well away from New Island after hearing about it.

yoshiking14x said:
Yes I obviously agree with you, they are cute and quite useful in rescuing-Peach-situations. And they do the cool whistling sound.

They make ears bleed

Just like adult Yoshi

yoshiking14x said:
Hackmon said:
yoshiking14x said:

That's just like criticizing babies for having big cheeks, technically I witnessed more people saying Baby Yoshi is stoned than being drunk which is not any better.
Baby Yoshis look both stoned and drunk.

Mechayoshi said:
An interesting concept isn't a redeeming quality by itself.

Mechayoshi said:
1. The nsmb series is mostly good. Not all great, but they are all solid games
2. The cape feather was the best Mario powerup ever
3. Yoshi games as a whole are mediocre (aside from Yoshi's Island)
4. There is no such thing as a truely terrible Mario game (as in, there is always something at least interesting about any given Mario game, not that they all all great)
5. All of the koopalings deserved their place in Mario Kart 8
6. Cross-platform dlc does not belong in Mario Kart
I second this.

Gregor said:
Mechayoshi said:
An interesting concept isn't a redeeming quality by itself.

I know. But that's not what I meant. I worded it badly but by "truly terrible" I meant a game that not only is horrible but has nothing worth mentioning about it.

My argument was that even with bad Mario games there's something interesting thus saving it from my definition of "truly terrible" , even if the thing that is interesting is the only positive thing about it. I wasn't saying that that redeems the game from being "bad" though.

Also this was meant to be subjective of course.....

RedShell said:
Mechayoshi said:
4. There is no such thing as a truely terrible Mario game (as in, there is always something at least interesting about any given Mario game, not that they all all great)
I second this.
I third this.

Clawdia Koopa said:
RedShell said:
Mechayoshi said:
I second this.
I third this.
I agree with 3, 5, and 6.

Mechayoshi said:
1. The nsmb series is mostly good. Not all great, but they are all solid games yes
2. The cape feather was the best Mario powerup ever ---- no
3. Yoshi games as a whole are mediocre (aside from Yoshi's Island) below average is more like it and not even yoshi's island is that good)
4. There is no such thing as a truely terrible Mario game (as in, there is always something at least interesting about any given Mario game, not that they all all great) true, you'd be hard-pressed to find a mario game as bad as, say, sonic 06
5. All of the koopalings deserved their place in Mario Kart 8 what's "deserving"?
6. Cross-platform dlc does not belong in Mario Kart i don't care

Cheep-Cheeps have been without playable appearances longer

so...?

but generic species are characters nevertheless

i don't think it matters if a character is generic or not to warrant a spot. the question is their popularity and relevance

the koopalings are pretty popular and had been relevant, so that's why I think they got in.

I hate the term "deserving" tho

Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
The Koopalings don't "deserve" to rule out Mario Kart regulars such as Diddy, Birdo, King Boo or Bowser Jr..
They "deserve" to more than Smash Baby and Pretty Scrap Metal.
I never said that an overrated baby and female Metal Mario "deserve" to be in any more than anyone. But it makes more sense for a Mario Kart game that goes clone overload.

Back