Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

While I agree that the game was garbage, there are some good things about it, such as the Koopalings having personalities. Iggy's, Wendy's, and Ludwig's in particular really stood out to me.

Many people think Galaxy 2 was either the best Mario game ever or an overrated piece of crap. I think it was decent, but it's nowhere near the perfection that is Galaxy 1.

I always think of SMG 1+2 as one game, kinda like with Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Together, it is the best Mario Game, no doubts about that.

Sigma said:
While I agree that the game was garbage, there are some good things about it, such as the Koopalings having personalities. Iggy's, Wendy's, and Ludwig's in particular really stood out to me.
True.

Plus, one of the versions visited my hometown, which makes me happy. Also, the DOS version (iirc) is unintentionally entertaining: the crazed taxi driver eyes, the "good advice" thing, the weird little dance when Mario and Luigi are reunited... And there's the one that ends with Bowser shattering into little pieces: that was pretty "lolwut".

Walkazo said:
True.

Plus, one of the versions visited my hometown, which makes me happy. Also, the DOS version (iirc) is unintentionally entertaining: the crazed taxi driver eyes, the "good advice" thing, the weird little dance when Mario and Luigi are reunited... And there's the one that ends with Bowser shattering into little pieces: that was pretty "lolwut".

You forgot it's the origin of Weegee.

My unpopular opinion: New Super Mario Bros. Wii sucks. 8)

Dashbot said:
Yep, I guess that's not unpopular

Anyone else wants to get rid of "Silence Hero"?
Yes.

Characters should feel rightfully awkward for talking to Mario, especially in those Baseball games.

I like that, too. I don't want too much of a personality.

That being said, he's a bit too nice for my liking sometimes.

Walkazo said:
Sigma said:
True.

SNES iirc

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMSQNVhMqA

Shy Guy Forever said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMSQNVhMqA
Oh how I love Game Theory.

However, Game Theory thinks Mario is nine feet tall.
I prefer the multiplayer style from Super Mario Bros. 3 to the New Super Mario Bros. Wii one.

Misty said:
I prefer the multiplayer style from Super Mario Bros. 3 to the New Super Mario Bros. Wii one.

Alternating players is hardly multiplayer

Unpopular:

I like Mario the character - he is positive and brave
3D Land and World are overrated
We need more non-white human characters
Daisy needs to be replaced
Peach in the main games should act more like she is in Smash Bros
Toad should go back to his N64 voice

Anser said:
Marilith said:
My unpopular opinion: New Super Mario Bros. Wii sucks. 8)

You're not alone. I think it sucks too.
Me three. Even when I was new to video games and you could register any piece of crap as a game for me, I hated it because it was so boring, ugly, and cheaply difficult (without the Propeller Mushroom, you're screwed.)

the only difficult levels in NSMBW (imo) were like the last few ones in the rainbow world

Back