Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Amphituber said:
Dreamy Fawful said:
I think Waluigi is a far better character than Toad, and that Toad is a failure of a character that needs to die and go to the Underwhere and never return. Meanwhile his corpse is sacrificed to the Great Lord Waluigi, who rejects such filth and gives it to the wild Goombas.

So, uh, what religion is this and how do I join
It's called a cult.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Amphituber said:
Dreamy Fawful said:
I think Waluigi is a far better character than Toad, and that Toad is a failure of a character that needs to die and go to the Underwhere and never return. Meanwhile his corpse is sacrificed to the Great Lord Waluigi, who rejects such filth and gives it to the wild Goombas.

So, uh, what religion is this and how do I join
It's called a cult.

potato, spudtato

Dreamy Fawful said:

:(

I think Mario Kart 7 was a boring game and it was very mediocre. My reasons to say this would most likely be not understood by some people here, so I'd rather not talk about it.

I enjoyed MK7 more then I did MKWii :V

Main reason really was that the default item system I found much more balanced, plus the addition of gliders, going under water, customization of Kart bodies, gliders, wheels, etc. gave it something quite interesting. While Wii's have probably the worst usage of the blue shell and the bikes were clearly better then the karts in most occasions. (Like you're almost always a nervous wreck because of the Blue Shell when you get to the 3rd lap, at least in MK7 if you look at the bottom screen you can see a blue shell coming before it hits you. You can then plan much more accordingly to either take the hit leaving your defensive items behind you, or try to screw with 2nd place by either letting them pass you before it's launched or take a kamikaze that hits both of you.)

Mario Kart 8 seems to combine the best of both games though. So I'm happy about that. And the Bikes are much more balanced as a result.

Dreamy Fawful said:
Pretty much this.

Shy Guy Forever and Fawfulguy, keep at least 500 meters away from me in any direction, thanks.

Why the hell do you want to torture a poor, little video game character? Why do you want to make him last every time in Mario Kart? What is the matter with you? I can't imagine anyone that wants to beat up/hate on such a character and you should be ashamed. </hypocrisy>

Shy Guy Forever and Fawfulguy, keep at least 500 meters away from me in any direction, thanks.

Why the hell do you want to torture a poor, little video game character? Why do you want to make him last every time in Mario Kart? What is the matter with you? I can't imagine anyone that wants to beat up/hate on such a character and you should be ashamed. </hypocrisy>
Says the Wario hater.

Shy Guy Forever said:

Says the Wario hater.
It says hypocrisy right there.

I think Super Mario 3D Land is a hard game.
Now, at first, if you're not planning on getting every star coin, it's fairly simple. But, once you decide to, it turns into straight up hell. Trust me. Special World 4-Airship is a total nightmare but that's probably because I skipped all of Special World 4.

Astronomical said:
Now, at first, if you're not planning on getting every star coin, it's fairly simple. But, once you decide to, it turns into straight up hell. Trust me. Special World 4-Airship is a total nightmare but that's probably because I skipped all of Special World 4.
I agree.

Astronomical said:
I never found star coins to be an issue until I got to the special worlds.

Most of the Super Mario 3D Land issues are the bad level design that requires you to guess where Mario is going to land because of the badly-situated platforms. Special 7-5 (the airship level with those stupid corkscrew things) and Special 8-2 (the spinning thing level), I had trouble on because of this. I either over jumped or under jumped because I can't judge how far away or where those damm things actually are.

Jolteon said:

Then you will suffer to beat Special 8 Crown.

Special 8 Crown doesn't feel hard. It feels cheap. There is no sense of accomplishment other than you survived an endurance round. Not fun.

Cirdec said:
Jolteon said:

Then you will suffer to beat Special 8 Crown.
I don't think I'll get there in the next year.

Super Mario 3D World looked horrible graphically. Overuse of bloom and the strange glow everything has made everything look like plastic. Mario Kart 8 is no better.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
Super Mario 3D World looked horrible graphically. Overuse of bloom and the strange glow everything has made everything look like plastic. Mario Kart 8 is no better.

It's called HD.

Pikmin 3 looked fantastic, and it didn't use so much bloom that it was overwhelming.

The depth of field in Super Mario 3D World is atrocious.

I don't think the bloom effect is that bad in Mario Kart 8

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Pink Gold Giga12 said:

It's called HD.
It's not HD, it's just an effect (that can be just a fad) that makes things look pretty for some people.

Shy Guy Forever said:
Mario is Missing is a good game.

I understand if you happen to like it but if it's any good? uh...

Back