Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mario_Peach_Background_-_Yakuman_DS.png

Also, I like Wario being a creepy weirdo in Brawl because it meshes better with my headcannon of Wario (creepy, watches people when they sleep, wants to marry everyone, is an idiot, eats his own... things).

Mario is better than Luigi by miles. Also, Mario deserves to ditch Yoshi for a higher jump. I'd do the same thing to spare my eardrums.

Also, the reason I am not too impressed by most Mario games is because I usually try to compare them to Super Paper Mario, where they will obviously fade in comparison.

ernesth100 said:
Super Paper Mario Sucked....hard.
How

Out of all the Mario platforming titles, it had the most unique worlds and the most interesting villains.

Plus it had Bowser playable, and Luigi as a boss.

He's probably one of the people who thinks that anything post Thousand-Year Door is garbage.

Knuckles the Echidna said:
He's probably one of the people who thinks that anything post Thousand-Year Door is garbage.
I hate those type of people (no offense). Personally, I haven't played TTYD, but if it's HALF as good as the fanboys say it is, I'm giving it a go.

So basically prejudice since that claim really hasn't been backed up with anything and no indication has been shown they've played the game before.

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but I really enjoyed Sticker Star and don't think it deserves all of the hate it gets.

Glaceon said:

So basically prejudice since that claim really hasn't been backed up with anything and no indication has been shown they've played the game before.
Well, I have some evidence. Most TTYD lovers HATE SPM, and everyone else doesn't really care.

It still doesn't justify the reasoning behind SPM being a bad game, though it does suggests more people like him exist. And if more people like that actually exist, they should learn to not instantly hate everything that isn't familiar.

Heck, TTYD is my favourite game of all time and I love SPM.

Count Bleck said:
ernesth100 said:
Super Paper Mario Sucked....hard.
How

Out of all the Mario platforming titles, it had the most unique worlds and the most interesting villains.

Plus it had Bowser playable, and Luigi as a boss.

personally the only thing i dont like about it is the gameplay, otherwise everything was done right.

Although the blockish look a lot of npcs have is really meh to be honest.

This thread is meant for people to make bold statements without fear of reprisal, ya know?

Super Princess Peach

Like, no one talks about it and some even forget it

Granted, I never played the game myself, but I want to some day.

Baby Luigi said:
Super Princess Peach

Like, no one talks about it and some even forget it

Granted, I never played the game myself, but I want to some day.

think i mentioned it earlier, but to me at least its a pretty fun game.

Also probably has one of the happiest soundtracks ever.

I'm not gonna bother searching through the thread but it would be great if the game got a sequel

Super Princess Peach is co-developed by people who are responsible (or partially responsible) for Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Dr. Mario & Puzzle League, Game & Watch Gallery games, and Fortune Street. I've played, like just Mario Mix and Fortune Street (which is also developed by Square Enix), so I can't discern the quality of games these people put out.

Dance Dance Mario Mix is underrated.

I liked it how they gave Toadette and Waluigi roles. Granted, they were far from important roles, but, for spin-off characters like these who were usually just...there....it's a great treat.

Dance Dance Revolution also had cover songs of Mario games NOT in the mainstream Mario games as well. It also reused animations from Mario Party GCN games, so that's always a plus.

I like the unfitting, unMario music the most of that game, though, like that Always Smiling with these women singing.

It would have been great if Konami reused some of their songs from the other Dance Dance Revolution games, but I like the covers of those public domain songs too :P

Back