Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Solar Blaze said:
I think it's safe to assume he was talking about Sticker Star, because I don't recall any of the others being even half as largely hated.
Yes.

Police Squad! said:
BiS isnt very good in my opinion.
IT IS THE SECOND BEST GAME IN HISTORY!!!

I agree it is a great game, but no need to get all mad about it.

Mr. L rocks! said:
Solar Blaze said:
I think it's safe to assume he was talking about Sticker Star, because I don't recall any of the others being even half as largely hated.
Yes.

Mr. L rocks! said:
Police Squad! said:
BiS isnt very good in my opinion.
IT IS THE SECOND BEST GAME IN HISTORY!!!

please don't double post

NitoriAria said:
Koopa's Tycoon Town is not the best board ever (seriously, it of all things won MPL's survivor)

Yeah Faire Square is better

I like the art style of Super Mario-Kun and I like to watch the Fake Mario Show solely because it is Mario.

the rpgs are way better than any other part in the franchise

Dimentio64 said:
Zae said:
This isn't exactly unpopular. Of course there are some exceptions, but for the most part I agree.

well ive never played sticker star so yeah

Dimentio64 said:
Zae said:
This isn't exactly unpopular. Of course there are some exceptions, but for the most part I agree.

Calling RPGs the best part of the Mario franchise may be considered a bold statement.

Not to say the rest of the series is bad, (I'd never call SM64 and Galaxy bad) but the RPGs did give me most of my favorite characters, stories and locations in the series.

I didn't say that the rest of the series is bad, nor did I interpret that. All I said is that calling the RPGs the best part of the entire Mario franchise is a bold statement. Just like many superlatives.

but the RPGs did give me most of my favorite characters, stories and locations in the series.

pretty much the same reason for me, plus i just enjoy rpgs so much.

As much as i love tennis and platformers, i just feel like the rpgs are so much more suited for me and ive just enjoyed them the most.

Plus turn based action commands are a great thing, and i dont see them used much outside of mario rpgs.

I love Mario RPGs, but stating which series is my favorite is like saying what's my favorite flavor of pie. Sometimes, I prefer pumpkin. Sometimes, I feel like a nut. And I want apple at other times. Same thing with Mario games.

That is true how Mario RPGs's battles are more interactive when it comes to dodging enemy attacks and performing certain moves.

I don't think RPGs are overrated, or they deserve to be. The main problem most of them have are being still too close to a SMB formula story that don't include other main characters or surprising interactions between them. If Nintendo can solve it, they can go to another level as the best part of Mario franchise.

But MiM! in all three of its incarnations is a wonderful game - it has good advice about taking candy from strangers, it gives the Koopalings dialogue, you get to visit various RL cities and answer trivia questions about history and culture, it provides Bowser with one of his more graphic death scenes, there's penguins, there's Weegee... What more could you want?

(The only downside is that the only version that includes my hometown is the MS-DOS one and I have no old PCs to play that on even if I found myself a copy of it. *sniff*)

Mario Party X said:
All I said is that calling the RPGs the best part of the entire Mario franchise is a bold statement. Just like many superlatives.
Well, this is the "unpopular opinions about the Mario series" thread - folks should be perfectly free to make their statements as bold as they please.

Walkazo said:
But MiM! in all three of its incarnations is a wonderful game - it has good advice about taking candy from strangers, it gives the Koopalings dialogue, you get to visit various RL cities and answer trivia questions about history and culture, it provides Bowser with one of his more graphic death scenes, there's penguins, there's Weegee... What more could you want?

(The only downside is that the only version that includes my hometown is the MS-DOS one and I have no old PCs to play that on even if I found myself a copy of it. *sniff*)

It also teaches children that running in the middle of the street is the best way to reach the next block. Oh, and that reception women shouldn't talk to people that are too short to reach the window.

Walkazo said:
Mario Party X said:
All I said is that calling the RPGs the best part of the entire Mario franchise is a bold statement. Just like many superlatives.
Well, this is the "unpopular opinions about the Mario series" thread - folks should be perfectly free to make their statements as bold as they please.

It is indeed, but somebody said, "It's not really unpopular, and I said that it's a bold statement as a counter.

Back