Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mario gets along well with the ladies.

Mcmadness said:
Except for extremist Luigi fanbrats, but I guess those accompany all genders.

Mario Party Σ said:
Mcmadness said:

don't forget yoshi fanbrats who think mario is abusing yoshi

but sonic fans are bad

Well both are bad so are you saying Mario fans are pretty bad too? I think they could be, especially ones that refuse to play anything other than Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
Well both are bad so are you saying Mario fans are pretty bad too? I think they could be, especially ones that refuse to play anything other than Mario.

yeah i mean alot of mario fans complain that sonic fans are some atrocious hell spawn but here we can see that mario fans can just be kind of bad

hypocritical i suppose

Sonic fans aren't atrocious hell spawns. If I ever said that they are, hit me with a broom.

But I did say I do not like Sonic or his character design or his style or his grace or his personality or his games.

And I said extremist for a reason. Most Luigi/Yoshi fans are a nice, reasonable bunch.

Mario Party Σ said:

All genders, races, and facets of society.

Glad to see Mario gets some love here! Believe it or not, most places I've been to, hardcore fans of Mario have been few and far between.

I honestly don't hate Luigi or anything, but I can't stand the majority of his fanbase. Most Luigi fans (not all!) believe that dissing Mario is a requirement to feel validated. Isolated from the mean fans, I think Luigi is great, but he still can't touch Mario. :mario:

But Baby Luigi is superior to that fat man in every aspect!!!11!!

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Glad to see Mario gets some love here! Believe it or not, most places I've been to, hardcore fans of Mario have been few and far between.

I honestly don't hate Luigi or anything, but I can't stand the majority of his fanbase. Most Luigi fans (not all!) believe that dissing Mario is a requirement to feel validated. Isolated from the mean fans, I think Luigi is great, but he still can't touch Mario. :mario:
Most Luigi fans?

I don't know, Luigi fans are a diverse group. In fact, I'm one of them...

Baby Luigi said:
But Baby Luigi is superior to that fat man in every aspect!!!11!!
You're wrong.

I'm a mean Baby Luigi fan who thinks Wario needs to die

Sometimes I wonder if there are Mario (character) fans since usually when one says they are a Mario fan, they are referring more to his games rather than the character. For the side characters, when you say you are a fan of them, one gets the gist that they are a fan of the character rather than the games they star in.

I should mention that I am a Mario (character) fan myself.

Thanks for reading.

Well yeah, that's a strike against Mario the character. It sucks to have a game series named after you especially when you need a stupid (character) modifier next to your so people know what you're talking about.

Take that Mario Party-e!

Baby Luigi said:
I'm a mean Baby Luigi fan who thinks Wario needs to die
Oh, THAT fat man. I get so used to your calling Mario a fat man.

Baby Luigi said:
Well yeah, that's a strike against Mario the character. It sucks to have a game series named after you especially when you need a stupid (character) modifier next to your so people know what you're talking about.

Take that Mario Party-e!
Well, in a Mario discussion, we don't need a Mario the character statement as it's already implied that we're all Mario series fans. If I say I'm a fan of Mario, you guys would probably think I'm a fan of the character. Of course, I make it more apparent with my username (LeftyGreenMario), display name, signature, and avatar.

Probably my main unpopular opinion is that Mario is the best character in the series, better than Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, etc. Most people don't seem to realize it but Mario as a character has actually become extremely underrated. Luigi, as an example, is overrated; people think no one likes him so they like him, when in reality, he gets too much love and is the most popular character among hardcore fans. A lot of one-off casuals say they like Mario best or whatever, but I've yet to meet another hardcore fan who truly thinks Mario is the greatest (I would love to though!).

Mario > Luigi. But Bowser Jr.'s still the best.

It's ok, Mario's one of my favourites too. :D

Back