Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Eri Ayase said:
Mcmadness said:
There better be a bloody sports game announced at e3.

I'd be fine with another Squaresoft Mario Sports Game tbh
I'd be down for this as well.

There better be a cool pre-rendered intro in the beginning as well.

mario sports mix is a vastly underrated sports title

except the roster, it got the flak it deserved

What was wrong with it?

did they add anymore FF characters?

well maybe since there were 4 sports they had to cut down for time?

Luigi's mansion and it's sequel are the best spin offs in the series if you ask me.

I'd lean more towards the opposite (though not all the way, there are still worse games) for the first Luigi's Mansion, I never really enjoyed it that much. Possibly my least favorite major Gamecube title, honestly.

I liked Dark Moon, though.

well technically the slime is from dragon quest, but it has been in several ff games and in super mario rpg even before they merged with enix as a joke.

Lumastar said:
I didn't really like the first Strikers. It felt kind of dull.

It put down the ground work for it's sequel.

Lumastar said:
I didn't really like the first Strikers. It felt kind of dull.
I'd say a fair number of people agree that its sequel played better than the first game. Much more depth and faster-paced.

What the first game has, though, is much more hilarious groaning from electrocution.

Northern Verve said:
I wish Strikers Charged carried over some more things from the first one though. Such as the Custom Tournaments.
I never played Custom Tournaments, but I suppose that might be fun to mess around in.

I also miss the small breathing noises the characters make when they dribble the ball.

is it a unpopular opinion that the spinoffs are great and the main games are meh?

i thought about it for awhile, i do feel that way, but that might be popular as main games have been nsmb games as well 3d land/world games.

Pascal said:
is it a unpopular opinion that the spinoffs are great and the main games are meh?

i thought about it for awhile, i do feel that way, but that might be popular as main games have been nsmb games as well 3d land/world games.
Well, you're not alone, as I reiterated several times that I don't like the mainstream games as much as the spinoffs.

Spinoffs are the reason I got in the Mario series in the first place. I mean, I don't even remember how I got into Mario since I was so young, but it's definitely not from playing Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario World.

But people remember Mario games for their main games and Mario Kart, not really from the other ones. And maybe Donkey Kong for older people. I don't blame them since it IS the mainstream games.

I'm very much a main series > the rest guy but I can enjoy the spin offs just fine. Heck Mario makes some of the best sports and racing games I've ever played.

Pascal said:

I agree. I remember a long time ago choosing Mario Kart Wii over New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Probably my main unpopular opinion is that Mario is the best character in the series, better than Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, etc. Most people don't seem to realize it but Mario as a character has actually become extremely underrated. Luigi, as an example, is overrated; people think no one likes him so they like him, when in reality, he gets too much love and is the most popular character among hardcore fans. A lot of one-off casuals say they like Mario best or whatever, but I've yet to meet another hardcore fan who truly thinks Mario is the greatest (I would love to though!).

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Probably my main unpopular opinion is that Mario is the best character in the series, better than Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, etc. Most people don't seem to realize it but Mario as a character has actually become extremely underrated. Luigi, as an example, is overrated; people think no one likes him so they like him, when in reality, he gets too much love and is the most popular character among hardcore fans. A lot of one-off casuals say they like Mario best or whatever, but I've yet to meet another hardcore fan who truly thinks Mario is the greatest (I would love to though!).
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1714

Look up.

You haven't met my twin yet, she's a total Mario nutcase. She loves Mario as much, if not, more than you do.

EDIT: Lumastar linked to her profile.

MarioMGAT_3.png

I like Luigi too, but Mario is the greatest thing ever. I don't get it why people say Mario is boring. I never get bored of him. Maybe there's something wrong with these people. /s I like every feature of him. Okay, so he's a little too nice sometimes, but I really love overall his cheerful attitude.

If you've ever seen those certain Youtube videos, you can hear Mario talk, and he's so freaking adorable. I mean, in one video, the girls can't stop giggling when they see him. He's quite the singer, too.

When I was a noob, I used to hate Mario. But then I realized he's a pretty okay dude, and that I was being dumb.

Back