Surprising Stuff in Pokemon

When I've compared the Black 2 version to the White 2 version, it's quite interesting that the White 2 version focuses more on nature preservation than the Black 2 version.

MnSG said:
Certain speed-related Pokedex entries are pretty messed up. Archeops has a higher speed stat than Dodrio, and yet one of Dodrio's entries state that it runs faster than Archeops. Of course, two or Archeops's entries contradict each other, as another one states that it moves as fast as an automobile.

It probably means it runs faster than Archeops running.

Snifit on Stilts said:
Speaking of groundon, it weighs about 2,100 lbs and is about 11" tall.
What?

High mass, low size. Duh.

Snifit on Stilts said:
Speaking of groundon, it weighs about 2,100 lbs and is about 11" tall.
What?

That isn't the odd part though. As you've said already, in the anime, Groudon is depicted to be as tall as a skyscraper.

Groudon is actually a Ground-type Pokemon, which is quite unusual for a Pokemon who lives in volcanoes.

Groudon is actually 11' --feet, not inches (actually 11'6" according to bulbapedia)

also,
Pokémon Trainer Michell said:
I thought groudon was rock/ground/fire type

3 types, wat

Well, Groudon could've been a Fire/Ground-type, but that would obviously lead to a severe disadvantage against Water-type attacks, along with being weak to Ground-type attacks. On the flipside though, it would be less vulnerable to Grass-type and Ice-type attacks.

I checked, Bulbapedia says its only ground, then again it says kyogre is only water even though it can fly....
so in other words, Poke'mon don't always get the full types they should :P
and yes I was thinking arceus, but I could sware some Poke'mon should be more types than they are...

MnSG said:

Well, Groudon could've been a Fire/Ground-type, but that would obviously lead to a severe disadvantage against Water-type attacks, along with being weak to Ground-type attacks. On the flipside though, it would be less vulnerable to Grass-type and Ice-type attacks.
I hadn't thought of that, kyogre would have beaten groudon easily

I checked, Bulbapedia says its only ground, then again it says kyogre is only water even though it can fly....
and yes I was thinking arceus, but I could sware some Poke'mon should be more types than they are...

MnSG said:

I hadn't thought of that, kyogre would have beaten groudon easily
Darmamitan has an ability that changes it's typing when it's health is at 50-0%. You might have also thought about that.

perhaps it was also that some Poke'mon can learn moves that aren't there type, mostly that I'd say

it could in the various extended universe, and I think it may have in the anime, been years since I saw those episodes....
images

see, in smash brothers it flies, and I think this is an anime clip (might be fan made)
images

Gyarados is another example.

Speaking of Gyarados it says in the Pokédex "Dragon Pokémon" (Gen. 4) but it's types are Water and Flying.

But as far as I know (Not certain) Gyarados can't learnfly! :eek:

Pokémon Trainer Rin Kagamine said:
Gyarados is another example.

Speaking of Gyarados it says in the Pokédex "Dragon Pokémon" (Gen. 4) but it's types are Water and Flying.

But as far as I know (Not certain) Gyarados can't learnfly! :eek:
Gyarados is water/flying because in gen 1 the only dragon move did a set amount of damage, thus making gyarados have nothing that does super effective damage.

it could in the various extended universe, and I think it may have in the anime, been years since I saw those episodes....
images

see, in smash brothers it flies, and I think this is an anime clip (might be fan made)
images

Levitating, big difference.

Back