Surprising Stuff in Pokemon

You could probably ask that same question about Megahorn being a Bug-type move. Obviously, the move was Heracross's signature move back in the 2nd generation.

But Rollout isn't even a signature move, which makes it more odd.

That is rather odd.

Also, Gyarados is a Flying-type, and it can't learn any Flying-type moves.

Why is he even a Flying-type in the FIRST place?

Santa Mage said:
That is rather odd.

Also, Gyarados is a Flying-type, and it can't learn any Flying-type moves.

Why is he even a Flying-type in the FIRST place?
Because back then Dragon-type sucked

And even then, they had Aerodactyl, Charizard, and Gyarados be called Dragon Pokemon.

If you want it to be called a Dragon Pokemon, MAKE THE DUMB POKEMON A DRAGON-TYPE!!!

Santa Mage said:
And even then, they had Aerodactyl, Charizard, and Gyarados be called Dragon Pokemon.

If you want it to be called a Dragon Pokemon, MAKE THE DUMB POKEMON A DRAGON-TYPE!!!
No

Dragon-type was the worst type ever back then

Its move did a set damage which was 40 Hit Points

And Aerodactyl is based off of a Pterodactyl not a dragon

I know what Aerodactyl is freaking based off of!

But did you read the comics with Lance in them?

With Gyarados, they didn't make it Dragon-Type because it would've had no weaknesses except for Dragon, which the only move did 40 Hit Points.

Aerodactyl is a Fossil (Rock-Type) and can Fly (Flying-Type).

Charizard is the Fire Starter (Fire-Type) and can Fly (Flying-Type)

Just because they look like Dragon's or are called 'Dragon' Pokemon, doesn't mean they absolutely need to be Dragon-Type.

I KNOW THAT!

I'm just saying, why call a Pokemon a Dragon when it's NOT A DRAGON??

Because it is a Dragon. Just not a Dragon-type.

I don't remember Aerodactyl being called a Dragon, but it's sort of similar to one.

And also, why make Caterpie, Weedle, and Magikarp so *bleep*ing weak? It's not very nice...

Caterpie/Weedle: They are bugs, ever seen a worm? They wouldn't really stand much of a chance in a fight would they. Bug-Types usually start off weak and evolve fast.

Magikarp: It's based off a chinese story I think. Magikarp is the shitty fish that turns into a Chinese Dragon thing (Gyarados).

But think about Metapod/Kakuna

Their cocoons are supposed to be real strong.

Then why are they so freaking easy to defeat.

Also, I find this somewhat creepy...

Despite its looks, it is aggressive. It jabs with its long, thin mouth if disturbed while collecting pollen.

Santa Mage said:
But think about Metapod/Kakuna

Their cocoons are supposed to be real strong.

Then why are they so freaking easy to defeat.

Because they only know Harden, as long as you keep whaling on them, they go down. Their cocoons being real strong is because they use Harden constantly, thus making it strong, but they are easy because they don't fight back.

Depends if it's a cheat.

KAKUNA, HYPER BEAM!!!!!

Metapod and Kakuna only attack if they're evolved from their previous forms.

Wild Metapod and Kakuna:

Harden

Metapod and Kakune evolved from previous forms:

Tackle
Harden
String Shot
Poison Sting (from Weedle)

But they still suck anyway.

What bugs me is why Water Gun was a TM move to begin with. It's just plain useless once you get access to the stronger Water-type attacks.

aregularforumuser said:
banettes pokedex entry. 'nuff said
Hypno, Beutifly, and Banette.

aregularforumuser said:
beautifly isn't creepy or weird at all in its pokedex entry's. what are you talking about?

"It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids."

It seems they turned it from a nice pokemon to a savage pokemon through Gen III & IV

carckin355 said:
aregularforumuser said:
beautifly isn't creepy or weird at all in its pokedex entry's. what are you talking about?

It seems they turned it from a nice pokemon to a savage pokemon through Gen III & IV

Gorebyss also needs a look. Its pokedex entry is just... mean.

Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

La Marionette said:
carckin355 said:
aregularforumuser said:

Gorebyss also needs a look. Its pokedex entry is just... mean.

Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.
Wow.

Back