Surprising Stuff in Pokemon

FireEevee said:
I've heard of a girl who brought her laptop with her to the bathroom ad died electrocuted.

Holy crap! My sister always brings her notebook with her to the bathroom alot and she never died! She even takes a bath while the notebook is in the bathroom! ._.

Now back on topic:

Serperior can learn Aqua Tail

wat

Crackin355 said:
I don't really understand why ice wouldn't be super effective against water. Wouldn't it freeze it?

If we're talking icy cold then it'd freeze, but if we're talking ice cubes/etc. then it would make sense why it doesn't happen.

I just always thought it should be super effective.
I'm glad ice isn't effective against water. If that was the case, my Kingdra would be screwed.

Miracle Matter said:
FireEevee said:
I've heard of a girl who brought her laptop with her to the bathroom ad died electrocuted.

Holy crap! My sister always brings her notebook with her to the bathroom alot and she never died! She even takes a bath while the notebook is in the bathroom! ._.

Now back on topic:

wat

It can be tutored aqua tail to be accurate. It has a tail and fighting Pokemon can learn fire and thunder punch, which creates flames/electricity out of nothing, so I don't see why aqua tail wouldn't do the same thing.

Miracle Matter said:
I don't understand why Electric is super effective against Water. I mean, if you dropped your cellphone into a pool, wouldn't the cellphone stop working?

Think of it this way. There's a reason why you shouldn't be using sinks and bathtubs during a thunderstorm.

Crackin355 said:
I don't really understand why ice wouldn't be super effective against water. Wouldn't it freeze it?

If we're talking icy cold then it'd freeze, but if we're talking ice cubes/etc. then it would make sense why it doesn't happen.

I just always thought it should be super effective.

yeah i agree but ice already hits a ton of stuff for super effective damage, and the most dangerous types as well, had to be some balance.

I'm more curious why ice isn't resistant to water as well as grass.

IceShadow1199 said:
FireEevee said:

Now back on topic:

wat
It's because Serperior has so much of a dang tail it can use almost all the Tail moves.

Weirdly, it can't use Tail Slap.

Joltik said:
I assume its because water melts ice (although slowly, but it still does anyways).

I'm just puzzled as to why Poison isn't super-effective against water. I mean, Poison type is basically useless as its only strong against Grass, which has a ton of other weaknesses anyways.

If that were the case, then Poison would also be effective against Flying, and that just seems weird.

What's I think is COMPLETELY weird is the fact that Grass is effective against Ghost.

What??? :koopa:

Roserade said:
If that were the case, then Poison would also be effective against Flying, and that just seems weird.

What's I think is COMPLETELY weird is the fact that Grass is effective against Ghost.

What pokemon is it

Roserade said:

Grass isn't super effective against Ghost. If you're thinking about Jellicent, it's because it's part water, which makes it weak to grass.

Gamefreak75 said:
Joltik said:
I assume its because water melts ice (although slowly, but it still does anyways).

I'm just puzzled as to why Poison isn't super-effective against water. I mean, Poison type is basically useless as its only strong against Grass, which has a ton of other weaknesses anyways.

Poison type is pretty much useless, rested by common types, immune to another common type, its just really bad offensively.

On the other hand it ain't too bad defensively. As it resists fighting fighting, grass, rock, and of course itself, it's really good when used with other types such as dark and fighting.

Probably one of the reasons why drapion and toxicroak are so useful is because of those type combinations, plus both pokes are just excellent anyway.

If is that so, Scraggy would be fucked when battling a Poison-type

IceShadow1199 said:
If is that so, Scraggy would be *bleep*ed when battling a Poison-type

only thing scraggy/scrafty has to worry about is poison/fighting, since almost nothing resists dark and fighting.

I've noticed that Mew is called the "New-Species Pokemon" when its not exactly a new species. It's just a combination of all Pokemon.

I don't remember Mew being a combination of every 'mon. Unless it says something about it in a dex entry, which I never read.

Santa Mage said:
HeartGoldSoulSilver
Apparently, it appears only to those people who are pure of heart and have a strong desire to see it.Its DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon, so it can use all kinds of techniques.

Technically it is not all of them combined, all of the Pokémon's DNA was taken from a part of Mew's. Mew is the "ancestor of all Pokémon". It's called the "New Species Pokémon" because it was supposed to be newly discovered during the events of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow

Squirtle said:
Santa Mage said:
HeartGoldSoulSilver
Apparently, it appears only to those people who are pure of heart and have a strong desire to see it.Its DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon, so it can use all kinds of techniques.

Technically it is not all of them combined, all of the Pokémon's DNA was taken from a part of Mew's. Mew is the "ancestor of all Pokémon". It's called the "New Species Pokémon" because it was supposed to be newly discovered during the events of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow

That makes sense!

Also, I have this theory that Ditto is a blobby clone of Mew that was "accidentally" made.

Ditto and Mew are the only Pokemon who know the move Transform right?

Mew and Ditto have the same color (Shiny Ditto and Shiny Mew anyone?)

My thoughts of why Ditto only knows Transform is because Ditto wasn't intended to be made. The slimey body and the goofy expression pretty much helps my theory.

Dick Clark said:
inb4petamakesgamewheretopiclubsiceclimbers

Suicide-Gun-Point-Man.jpg

On topic:

Why is Rollout a Rock type move? Sure boulders roll around alot, but Normal type pokemon learn it more than Rock type Pokemon.

Back