Surprising Stuff in Pokemon

Snifit on Stilts said:
Gyarados is water/flying because in gen 1 the only dragon move did a set amount of damage, thus making gyarados have nothing that does super effective damage.

Likewise, Gyarados would be overpowered for not having a weakness. Kingdra is a Water/Dragon-type, but at least the 2nd generation introduced Dragon-type moves that do not deal set damage, making it less lethal.

What I think is weird is the fact that Lugia lives in the waters of Whirl Island, and yet it's Flying-Psychic.

What...

>Your Skorupi was holding an egg

what it can't even GRASP for god's sake.

Dis game.

Pokémon Trainer Michell said:
Joltik said:
>Your Skorupi was holding an egg

what it can't even GRASP for god's sake.

Dis game.
skorupi actually has tiny claws near its mouth though....

Oh... good point.

I've recalled an incident where people think that legendary Pokemon are one of a kind. That isn't entirely true, as the term "legendary" may just mean that the Pokemon is extremely rare to find in the wild.

Gamefreak was really dumb with one of the rotom forms.

Fan rotom: It's electric/flying and to top it off it has levitate.

Seriously dudes, HOW DUMB CAN YA GET

Joltik said:

Well, that can mess up the Mold Breaker users. Also, if a Pokemon uses Soak on Fan Rotom, Levitate would keep it safe from any Ground-type attacks.

MnSG said:
Joltik said:

Well, that can mess up the Mold Breaker users. Also, if a Pokemon uses Soak on Fan Rotom, Levitate would keep it safe from any Ground-type attacks.

The only one that could make good use of this(that needs aground type move) is Excadrill though, and its much better off with sandrush, only other good user is haxorus and its generally better off just using outrage or dragon claw. Soak is pretty eh since you can put something generally more useful in there, soak just seems like a waste of a move slot.

Joltik said:
The only one that could make good use of this is Excadrill though, and soak is pretty eh since you can put something generally more useful in there, soak just seems like a waste of a move slot.

Understandable when you look at the bigger picture. Anyway, from what I've heard, Mold Breaker Excadrill is too dire to be using, as it's at its best with Sand Rush. But I guess alternatively, you can either use Gravity or Smack Down on Fan Rotom, and you'll negate Levitate AND the Flying-type's Ground-type immunity.

MnSG said:
Joltik said:
The only one that could make good use of this is Excadrill though, and soak is pretty eh since you can put something generally more useful in there, soak just seems like a waste of a move slot.

Understandable when you look at the bigger picture. Anyway, from what I've heard, Mold Breaker Excadrill is too dire to be using, as it's at its best with Sand Rush. But I guess alternatively, you can either use Gravity or Smack Down on Fan Rotom, and you'll negate Levitate AND the Flying-type's Ground-type immunity.

Well gravity is a good way to go since it has more uses than just to nullify levitate. Smack down though i wouldn't recommend due to better choices for rock moves like stone edge or rock slide. Think two rock moves in one set seems kinda unwise.

MnSG said:
I've recalled an incident where people think that legendary Pokemon are one of a kind. That isn't entirely true, as the term "legendary" may just mean that the Pokemon is extremely rare to find in the wild.
IE rayquaza isn't extremely rare, just rarely seen, whereas only one ho-oh exists, and AFAIK one lugia

Legendary is more of a term of status as possible rarely seen or just incredibly powerful.

Joltik said:
soak just seems like a waste of a move slot.
use it then swap for a grass type, trust me, it then seems like a good move

gonna suck if it has a good coverage move for you.

I don't use it anymore, I swapped both golduck and servine for Poke'mon I liked better so I don't do that anymore

I don't use it anymore, I swapped both golduck and servine for Poke'mon I liked better so I don't do that anymore

I wouldn't suggest it anyway since you should only switch if you have to, although soak might be decent for doubles.

true, I always try to match Poke'mon's weaknesses in doubles so grass/water would be good, I currently use pelipper/galvantula for most of my doubles

I don't understand why Electric is super effective against Water. I mean, if you dropped your cellphone into a pool, wouldn't the cellphone stop working?

Miracle Matter said:
I don't understand why Electric is super effective against Water. I mean, if you dropped your cellphone into a pool, wouldn't the cellphone stop working?
because water types get shocked in the most painful way?

think of it if you throw something plugged like a toaster into a body of water, you'll be shocked if you enter it.

plus humans and animals are also made of water.

Miracle Matter said:

probably because electricity literally flows all over the place when in water, and actually makes it extremely dangerous, plus people die from electrocuted water alot so yeah, i can see why.

Joltik said:
Miracle Matter said:

probably because electricity literally flows all over the place when in water, and actually makes it extremely dangerous, plus people die from electrocuted water alot so yeah, i can see why.
yeah.

I've heard of a girl who brought her laptop with her to the bathroom ad died electrocuted.

I don't really understand why ice wouldn't be super effective against water. Wouldn't it freeze it?

If we're talking icy cold then it'd freeze, but if we're talking ice cubes/etc. then it would make sense why it doesn't happen.

I just always thought it should be super effective.

Back