Proposed Wisconsin bill equates single parenting to child abuse

Scarecrow von Steuben

I'm very friendly.
http://healthland.time.com/2012/03/14/according-to-a-wisconsin-bill-single-moms-are-a-child-abuse-threat/
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/01/435536/wisconsin-single-parents-abuse/?mobile=nc
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/wisconsin-bill-claims-single-moms-cause-child-abuse-011200419.html

what the fuck is wrong with you

Re: Proposed Wisconsin Bill to equate single parenting to child abuse

*sees the topic title*

My reaction:

WAT

this is why i'm not such a huge fan of states' rights: the states can get away with insanity that the federal government can't.

The bill hasn't been passed yet, but it certainly has a good deal of potential to do so.

First, we get Arizona cracking down on the Internet, now we have Wisconsin criticizing single parenting. Next, we'll have New Mexico outlawing the sale of bananas.

Mario4Ever said:
First, we get Arizona cracking down on the Internet, now we have Wisconsin criticizing single parenting. Next, we'll have New Mexico outlawing the sale of bananas.
No M4E New Mexico is run by Democrats

Sexist pigs.

What, is divorce abusive?

Another Republican comes up with another genius idea!!!! Congratulations!

So single mothers are child abuse while single fathers AREN'T? And how the living hell if a child is living a healthy happy life considered child abuse??????

These senators who proposed this bill are doofus heads.

Baby Luigi said:

So single mothers are child abuse while single fathers AREN'T? And how the living hell if a child is living a healthy happy life considered child abuse??????

Also don't forget if we let gay people adopt kids then those kids will be gay because that's totally how homosexuality

Mario4Ever said:
Next, we'll have New Mexico outlawing the sale of bananas.
Well, you know, they do look kind of gay. I should write my congressman about this.

Crazy Jane said:
Baby Luigi said:

Also don't forget if we let gay people adopt kids then those kids will be gay because that's totally how homosexuality

Reminds me; maybe this is some sort of plot by the far-right fanatical conservatives to "preserve" the family values.

La Marionette said:
Crazy Jane said:
Baby Luigi said:

Reminds me; maybe this is some sort of plot by the far-right fanatical conservatives to "preserve" the family values.
I think we should have a law that states
"if you get caught cheating on your wife or husband you are no longer allowed to oppose gay marriage"

Crazy Jane said:
"if you get caught cheating on your wife or husband you are no longer allowed to oppose gay marriage"

We should write that suggestion to our congress person

I'm sick and tired of this family values bullshit it's wrong times have changed it's better to be a single mom then to be with some drunk who beats you, and it's better to be a single dad then to be with some drug using whore

Crazy Jane said:
I'm sick and tired of this family values *bleep* it's wrong times have changed it's better to be a single mom then to be with some drunk who beats you, and it's better to be a single dad then to be with some drug using whore

And also, how is that child abuse if the spouse dies of some disease? That's not preventable.

Do they honestly propose bills without thinking?

Baby Luigi said:
Crazy Jane said:

We should write that suggestion to our congress person

Good one! Perfect way to make that coveted "ONE wife ONE husband!" rule. Considering this law, it has to be EXACTLY one wife and one husband now! Or else it's bad!

I'm sick of "family values" as well, ESPECIALLY when the people who worship them break them as well!

CONGLATURATION ! ! !

YOU HAVE PROPOSED A GREAT LAW

AND PROOVED THE JUSTISE OF OUR CULTURE!

NOW GO AND REST OUR POLITISHUNS!

Assholes.

Baby Luigi said:
Crazy Jane said:
I'm sick and tired of this family values *bleep* it's wrong times have changed it's better to be a single mom then to be with some drunk who beats you, and it's better to be a single dad then to be with some drug using whore

And also, how is that child abuse if the spouse dies of some disease? That's not preventable.

Do they honestly propose bills without thinking?
No they push there religious values (fun fact that whole freedom of religion is bullshit anyway and hardly enforced for example Wiccans can't have knives in prision despite it being part of there practice, Mormons can't marry more then one person despite it being part of there religion nor can they stone inter racial couples which is also part of there religion)

This is somewhat off-topic, but what's with the insistence on monogamy in this country? If the parties involved all consent and are adults, what's the harm?

Mario4Ever said:
This is somewhat off-topic, but what's with the insistence on monogamy in this country? If the parties involved all consent and are adults, what's the harm?
I don't care about someone cheating on there wife or husband unless there one of those guys that say "GAY MARRIAGE IS A SIN IT BREAKS THE SAITNITY OF MARRIAGE" cause then i'm like dude fuck you

These people fuck with the minds of youth more than "unnatural" family environments ever do.

Mario4Ever said:

I'm not trying to provoke anybody, but I don't see polygamy and "cheating" to be a major problem (although cheating does hurt feelings). Unfortunately, nature wants us to reproduce as much as possible, to increase our population so our species can continue. So, to put it bluntly, you can't and won't prevent cheating.

Anyway, this law is outrageous. Essentially, it discourages divorce, which is a choice I'd like to have, just in case my partner turns out to be terrible.

Even though this law is not supposed to penalize single women, it is certainly an attack to them. I know being single can be more risky than not, but still, this law seems to imply that being a single mother is being an abusive mother.

It's not banning on being single; it's discouraging people from being single. I don't like this law.

La Marionette said:
I don't like this law.

I hate it. The GOP clowns are supposed to favor limited government, yet they call for stricter regulation on single mothers? LMAO!

No, this is a state law. I think Republicans prefer state rights being stronger over federal ones.

Not that I agree with them.

Back