Proposed Wisconsin bill equates single parenting to child abuse

Oh, like this whole "OBAMA IS FORCING CONTRACEPTION FUNDING ON CHRISTIAN CHURCHES WHAT A VIOLATION OF THE FIRST AMENDMENT WAAAAH!"

More like old white men telling young women what to do.

The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight said:
Banjo said:
Still not as bad as the laws that discourage spankings and call working on a family farm "child labor".

spankings are so last century
Wait those laws seem perfectly reasonable spanking is child abuse and working on a farm is child labor

La Marionette said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Crazy Jane said:
Remember kids your religious freedom means nothing if you aren't a member of a mainstream christian sect, Muslim (which even then doesn't always help if you are in the south/2 blocks away from the World Trade Center)/ and Jewish
More like if what you do doesn't go against Christian law. Hindus and Buddhists are perfectly tolerated, cause they don't go against such doctrine.
He's mocking somebody, isn't he?
I was going along with Shoe's joke to make my point that it's more of a question of whether Christians vehemently disagree with your beliefs. I wasn't actually saying that is how it should be. Honestly.

Dr. Javelin said:
La Marionette said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Crazy Jane said:
Remember kids your religious freedom means nothing if you aren't a member of a mainstream christian sect, Muslim (which even then doesn't always help if you are in the south/2 blocks away from the World Trade Center)/ and Jewish
More like if what you do doesn't go against Christian law. Hindus and Buddhists are perfectly tolerated, cause they don't go against such doctrine.
I was going along with Shoe's joke to make my point that it's more of a question of whether Christians vehemently disagree with your beliefs. I wasn't actually saying that is how it should be. Honestly.

Oh, okay. :/

Banjo said:
Still not as bad as the laws that discourage spankings and call working on a family farm "child labor".

Nope, corporal punishment such as paddling is still allowed and practiced in places such as Florida.

La Marionette said:
Nope, corporal punishment such as paddling is still allowed and practiced in places such as Florida.

yeah but thats florida

Crazy Jane said:
Banjo said:

Wait those laws seem perfectly reasonable spanking is child abuse and working on a farm is child labor

well, spanking isn't child abuse but it's still not really right

but

i just re-read banjo's post

you're saying that laws that discourage spanking are WORSE than laws that make being an unmarried parent ILLEGAL.

You're joking right

Crazy Jane said:
I hate politicians Argue in favor of religious freedom DON'T GIVE MORMONS AND WICCANS RELIGIOUS FREEDOM,

It's not really freedom if they make exceptions. They don't seem to realize their hypocrisy. In fact, there tends to be hypocrisy in some form whenever laws like the one that sparked this thread are proposed.

Banjo said:

>implying that corporal punishment is effective

Dr. Javelin said:
La Marionette said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Crazy Jane said:
Don't act like i'm not correct Jack if you want true religious freedom then polygamy should be legalized and Wiccans should be allowed to have knives while in prison since they place an important part in their rituals

Crazy Jane said:
Don't act like i'm not correct Jack if you want true religious freedom then polygamy should be legalized
I suppose.
Crazy Jane said:
and Wiccans should be allowed to have knives while in prison since they place an important part in their rituals
375209_243637345709382_227074094032374_592931_681028368_n.jpg

w-what?

Dr. Javelin said:
Crazy Jane said:
Don't act like i'm not correct Jack if you want true religious freedom then polygamy should be legalized
I suppose.
Crazy Jane said:
and Wiccans should be allowed to have knives while in prison since they place an important part in their rituals
375209_243637345709382_227074094032374_592931_681028368_n.jpg

w-what?
Well religious freedom is allowing people to practice their faith and if Christians are allowed to practice their faith while in prison then Wiccans should be allowed to practice theirs and part of their rituals require knives so if you truly want religious freedom then they should be allowed to have knives (in safe secluded parts of the prison surrounded by guards) in prison

No religion is allowed to do anything that transgresses on the rights of others; that's the limit of religious freedom.

Having a knife in prison transgresses on the rights of the guards and other inmates; having a Bible doesn't.

Dr. Javelin said:
No religion is allowed to do anything that transgresses on the rights of others; that's the limit of religious freedom.

Having a knife in prison transgresses on the rights of the guards and other inmates; having a Bible doesn't.
I could beat someone to death with a Bible Jack...also you argue that religious rights only go so far yet you say Christian churches should have the right to refuse to give abortions because it violates their religion yep totally not being a hypocrite

Forcing churches to give abortions transgresses on their rights in the same way as a draft does. *redacted* said it better than I can, go read his post again.

Forcing convicted felons to give up harmful possessions in the the interest of the common good, just like preventing them from purchasing guns does.

Dr. Javelin said:
Forcing churches to give abortions transgresses on their rights in the same way as a draft does. redacted* said it better than I can, go read his post again.

Forcing convicted felons to give up harmful possessions in the the interest of the common good, just like preventing them from purchasing guns does.
Bullshit Jack it's a hypocritical statement that puts one religion over the other you can't deny the people the right to practice their religion correct

So what you're saying is that the right of churches to refuse providing certain services transcends a woman's right to have them as established through federal law?

Like I said, it's more akin to forcing a store to offer certain products than it is forcing the store to offer all their products to certain customers.

Women have the right, but they don't have the right to force others to assist them in that right, if you get what I'm saying.

Dr. Javelin said:
Like I said, it's more akin to forcing a store to offer certain products than it is forcing the store to offer all their products to certain customers.

Women have the right, but they don't have the right to force others to assist them in that right, if you get what I'm saying.
Dude you chose to be a doctor you have the responsibility to provide care for people and that includes legal services (if that is your field like a skin doctor shouldn't be providing Abortions)

Well, I don't think that a hospital, for example, should be able to refuse anything that another hospital provides just because it's run by a religious organization.

Why should they be required to hire abortion doctors though? Or provide certain types of care?

Government interference in business in this way is absurd.

Like a doctor shouldn't be able to refuse to do a dangerous surgery because if he messed up he would violate thou shall not kill (YEAH YOUR DAMN RIGHT I JUST USED THE MOST EXTREME EXAMPLE)

Dr. Javelin said:
Why should they be required to hire abortion doctors though? Or provide certain types of care?

If you're going to open a business or something and make exceptions that a secular counterpart would not just because it makes you uncomfortable, you shouldn't bother opening it.

It's like let's say there is a hospital run by members of a religion that prohibits the helping of non whites and let's say that this is the hospital is the only one in town and a black man get's shot can this hospital refuse to help him (also it's a federally recognized religion for the sake of argument)

That would be abusing the religion to discriminate against others.

But the catholic hospitals aren't discriminating, they're denying such services to anyone.
Mario4Ever said:
Dr. Javelin said:

If you're going to open a business or something and make exceptions that a secular counterpart would not just because it makes you uncomfortable, you shouldn't bother opening it.
But you still have the right to.

They are discriminating against woman who want abortions by refusing to give them abortions Jack

It's not discrimination if they are refusing to offer abortions to anyone, including people who don't want abortions.

Is it discriminating against smokers if a general store refuses to sell cigarettes? No.

Back