Mario Party 2

NSY

Celestial Guide
Recently brought this, didn't like this at first but then it became fun quickly.

New Super Yoshi said:
didn't like this at first but then it became fun quickly.
Same here :) Better than MP8 to be honest

I agree, this is one of the best Mario Party games I've played.

The Minigames are at least.

Mario Party 2: D'Oh I missed!

Mario Party 2....AWESOME!!!

The costumes were beast and it has a very fun minigame IMO: Look Away.

Also, Wario says "D'Oh I missed" which also adds to the awesomeness

World10 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
didn't like this at first but then it became fun quickly.
Same here :) Better than MP8 to be honest

For me, that's a gross understatement. :(

Wario_wins_in_Look_away.png

It's funny how one of the bottom players can still play even when they've been eliminated and if they still face the same direction as the single player, their head shrinks again.

Buster Baxter said:
It's funny how one of the bottom players can still play even when they've been eliminated and if they still face the same direction as the single player, their head shrinks again.

You know what else? It's funny when my sister did nothing and all the CPU's died on one round. HILARIOUS. It's even better than the Luigi wins by doing nothing video since the computers die all at once

Too bad I wasn't able to record the moment naturally, but if you played against easy Mario Party 2 computers, it sounds very possible.

There's been a few Mario Party moments I wish I could've caught on film.

I was playing the 2 vs. 2 mini-game where you have to destroy a Bowser Statue. Time was up and neither statue was destroyed. My team still won since ours was closer to destruction. That was kind of cool getting a close up of the statues.

And I got a ton of coins using the Bowser Suit in Bowser Land.

That sounds awesome. How did the time run out before you destroyed the statues?

I've never used the Bowser Suit. How did it look like?

Well, the mini-game has a time limit. If neither statue is destroyed before time runs out, the camera just pans to the winning team. Nothing different really, except the statues are still there, that's all.

The Bowser Suit looks like the head of your character on top of Bowser's body. If you played the original Mario Party, it looks the same (only scaled down) as the Bowser Suit from Bash N' Cash and Tug O' War.

I just remembered another moment. I was playing Sneak N' Snore and lost, but the computer won, and the funny part is, the chain chomp still grabbed them and dragged them off-screen and I heard them screaming as they fell down the pipe. The words "(character) Won!" showed up and the COM still won 10 coins. :P

Oh, okay. I wonder how it looks in Mario Party 4. :P

I asked you how the time limit ran out. Were the teams fooling around or they simply couldn't destroy the statues in time?

LOL, that's a laughable moment right there. I can imagine myself chuckling when that happens.

I don't think the Bowser Suit's in Mario Party 4. That Bowser mushroom Waluigi is holding is probably just a mistake.

I don't really know how the time limit ran out, it just did. :|

Buster Baxter said:
I don't think the Bowser Suit's in Mario Party 4. That Bowser mushroom Waluigi is holding is probably just a mistake.

It is. In our game, COM Peach got it once via Bowser Space. She never used it

Besides, it's in the instruction booklet. MarioWiki also verifies its appearance in the game.

Still... I wonder what happens in Mario Party 4.

Baby Luigi said:
Buster Baxter said:

Really? Do you remember how she got it?

Probably the same coin stealing effect. I'd like to see how a character would look wearing it though.

Buster Baxter said:
Baby Luigi said:
Buster Baxter said:

Really? Do you remember how she got it?

I do remember it. Bowser smashed her on the Bowser Space and Bowser flashed the words "BOWSER SUIT" similar to how he makes the words "BOWSER MINIGAME" or "BOWSER REVOLUTION" appear. That's all I remember, though.

Bowser said that Peach was lucky or something. However, she's a dimwitted EASY computer and she never used it. Never. Not even when the opportunity is present.

I see. Speaking of the Bowser Space, I had a major WTF moment. I landed on a Bowser Space and Koopa Kid stole some coins then he taunted me saying "What, you want some more? Hey Dad, come here!", then Bowser fell on me and activated a Bowser mini-game. Thankfully I didn't lose anything else, but still, that was kind of troll-ish of the game.

Oh, LOL, that happened to Blof and I a couple of times. I thought it was the taunting that triggered it. :P

Buster Baxter said:
I see. Speaking of the Bowser Space, I had a major WTF moment. I landed on a Bowser Space and Koopa Kid stole some coins then he taunted me saying "What, you want some more? Hey Dad, come here!", then Bowser fell on me and activated a Bowser mini-game. Thankfully I didn't lose anything else, but still, that was kind of troll-ish of the game.

I thought he said, "Don't taunt at me like that" or something like that along the lines

No, Koopa Kid was taunting me with his dialogue. It had nothing to do with the game's actual taunting where you push a button and your character says something to the current player.

Hmm...we're getting a bit off subject here, aren't we?

Back