Mario Party 2

According to Chuggaa in TRG's Mario Party 2 LP, each character tends to go for a certain item when controlled by the computer.

DK=Bowser Bomb
Peach=Plunder Chest
Yoshi=Warp Block
Luigi=Skeleton key
Mario=Mushroom or Golden Mushroom
Wario=Dueling Glove

But yeah, you're right. It's odd that DK would go for the Bowser Bomb. That's like the worst item in the whole game. Actually on second thought I think the skeleton key is worse since you can't get rid of it until you reach a gate.

I remembered when it first happened. Bowser appeared (Koopa Kid was right next to DK as well) and took Donkey Kong's 62 coins.

Considering this image,
Mario_Party_2_wl.png

after that incident, item minigames scared the crap out of me. I'm playing as Mario, obviously, in this picture.

Also, referring to Mario Party 2, is it just a coincidence that DK usually loses when Bloof and I play Bowser minigames in Mario Party 4?

I lost like 200 coins in one turn FUCK YOU BOWSER BANK AND BOWSER PARADE

Good thing I never had to give Bowser my 400+ coins in one turn. That would be awful. Still, Fortune Spaces potentially do much more damage, so I'm more scared of Fortune Spaces.

Yeah, Chance Spaces suck, but at least you don't have the chance of picking the dreaded swapping stars thing. That happens only in the later Mario Parties *shudders at the thought of swapping my precious 9 stars with last place*

What if Mario Party 2 had team battle like in Mario Party 4? Just asking.

La Marionette said:
What if Mario Party 2 had team battle like in Mario Party 4? Just asking.

That would be great!

What if Mario Party 2 had custom minigames, like Mario Party 4?

Buster Baxter said:
What was Team Battle again?

Where instead of Free-For-All on a board, two pairs are teamed up against each other. It was introduced in Mario Party 4

Oh right. If memory serves, no 1 vs. 3 mini-games are played during a Team Battle.

Still, it'd be awkward for Mario Party 2 with the ending cutscene.

Buster Baxter said:
Oh right. If memory serves, no 1 vs. 3 mini-games are played during a Team Battle.

Oui that's why LGM and I have trouble unlocking them in Mario Parties that have team battles

Buster Baxter said:

Perhaps, but I was thinking about the main gameplay. In the ending cutscene, maybe two players are involved instead of one. I can see that happening in the Horror Land and Western Land, the only two boards I've played.

La Marionette said:
Buster Baxter said:

Perhaps, but I was thinking about the main gameplay. In the ending cutscene, maybe two players are involved instead of one. I can see that happening in the Horror Land and Western Land, the only two boards I've played.
Have you only played just those boards. Why do you avoid the others,

New Super Yoshi said:
Have you only played just those boards. Why do you avoid the others,

Look, we played Mario Party 2 for only a limited amount of time, give us a break here

Yeah, we played them on the emulator (because our N64 won't work due to bad connection, and who sells N64 games?). I don't avoid the other boards; I just have yet to play on them.

Oh god, Facelift was awesome! I loved screwing around with playable character heads! Why doesn't any later Mario Parties have stuff like that?

It would be funny to screw up Waluigi's face.

I think it would be cool if they brought back those skits that play at the end of each map (where the superstar defeats Bowser). And costumes too!

Fawfulfury65 said:
I think it would be cool if they brought back those skits that play at the end of each map (where the superstar defeats Bowser). And costumes too!

Of course it would be cool! It would be awesome!

Agreed. I miss the days when each board had a storyline of sorts.

Fawfulfury65 said:

I was just gonna mention that, but I agree, I love the ending cutscenes.

(Pirate DK ftw)

I loved them too. However, I haven't seen all of them. I'll plan to in the future after a grueling 50 turn match. :)

La Marionette said:
Yeah, we played them on the emulator (because our N64 won't work due to bad connection, and who sells N64 games?). I don't avoid the other boards; I just have yet to play on them.
You can buy it on Wii Virtual Console.

I think reason why they made this available on the Wii and not the first game is because of those control stick busting games.

New Super Yoshi said:
I think reason why they made this available on the Wii and not the first game is because of those control stick busting games.

That probably is the reason, but they could just change the input to button mashing simply. I mean, they can make alterations to their old games, y'know

Back