I am finally getting Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door this week!

Buster Baxter said:
Some tips for the Chapter boss: bring along a couple of Fire Flowers or Ice Storms or you can make sure you have enough Star Power to use Earth Tremor. Also, if you have at least 3 Shine Sprites right now, I suggest you upgrade either Koops or Flurrie. Probably Flurrie since Koops can get flipped over like a normal Koopa and Flurrie's Super Rank move is pretty good.

Alternatively, you could watch YouTube vidoes for info.
I got 5 shine sprites so I will, thanks!

More info I should've mentioned:

Koops' super rank move is "shell shield" which protects Mario from a certain number of damage.

Flurrie's super rank move is "Lip Lock", which damages the 1 enemy and refills Flurrie's HP by the same amount.

A little warning, both moves are a bit hard to pull off, but, they're very helpful.

Goombella's Super Rank move is Multibonk which will be more useful later in the game

ahaha no -__- Chapter 2 is NOT HARD, it's just the most BORINGEST PART OF THE GAME! I really, really, really hate Chapter 2, the 2nd chapter i hate is Chapter 5 but i like the boss and the boss music xD P.s. the best Chapter is Chapter 6! i really like trains hence the Excess Express :D lol i love chapter 6 then chapter 7 because i like the music from the fortress and yeah the Final boss is really hard :/ i won with 1 hp left O_O then the 2nd time i won with 45 hp left soo yeah just get shooting stars and ultra shrooms and have a lot of badges on you! lol Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door is the Best Game You Will Ever Play!!! best game ever soo yep

I found Goombella's Multibonk to be extremely useful early on.

Buster Baxter said:
Don't feel bad about getting ripped off, NSM. I've gotten ripped off myself once (just not by EBay).

Anyway, Chapter 2 is IMO, the hardest chapter in terms of navigating since you have to keep all the punies with you at all times. Good luck.

The only problem is the spiders. Just take them out first then after that go and round them up. The rest kind of told you what to do.

Oh you're on Chapter 2 now? *ahem* I'll give you some tips. (I'll try not to spoil anything, sorry if I do)

As for upgrading:

Goombella gets Multibonk, a move which is essentially her version of Power Bounce. Costs 3 FP If you are good at timing jumps, then I'd recommend upgrading her. *On bosses, Power Bounce/Multibonk are limited to a certain amount of jumps in a row. Goombella's HP will go from 10 to 20. Her Headbonk now does 2 damage each and Multibonk will start at 2 damage then decrease to 1 damage each bounce after that. (This move cannot hurt Spiky enemies :p)

Koops get Shell Shield, a move which will protect Mario from attacks. Costs 4 FP. The shell takes damage for Mario instead. Unfortunately Mario cannot guard/super guard to reduce the damage the shell takes and it's hard to time it to the center, so I don't find it too useful. Koops' HP goes from 10 to 15. His Shell Toss and Power Shell now do 3 damage.

Flurrie gets Lip Lock, a move which drains the enemy's HP and adds it to her own. Costs 3 FP. The action command is kinda weird, you have to hold A when the star appears and release when the star is gone (Holding A when the star is gone will drain the meter, so be careful) and fill it up within a time limit. It does 4 damage, AND there is a bonus: It pierces enemy defense. Meaning that it will do 4 damage regardless of the enemy's defense. To a certain extent, it cannot attack spiky enemies, but only if their whole body is covered with it or if the spikes are like on the front (for example clefts) but you can attack some spiky enemies, such as spiky goombas or Piranha Plants.

*The damage dealt is assuming that they are normal (as in don't have their power raised or anything)

As for Chapter 2...
IIRC there are 5 Shine Sprites. (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe there's 1 in the Boggly Woods and 4 in the Great Tree. I'm pretty sure you've gotten the one where in Boggly Woods where you fire Koops to get it :P There's 1 in the room where the bubbles are, 1 in the room where there's a giant black thing. (use Flurrie to blow it away, then use the Paper Plane) The last two... well I'll let you figure out for yourself. =P

The boss can easily be taken down if you have lots of HP Drain items (if you haven't used it yet, save that thunder rage you found and get the HP Drains). He does have 30 HP and a defense of 1, but HP Drains do pierce his defense and they do 5 damage. However, he can summon some things (kinda like bullet bills) that can attack you for quite a bit of damage. If he summons them and you don't kill them, they will do 4 damage. And there are 2 of them. (This is why I save the Thunder Rage to attack both the missile like things and the boss) Fortunately they have little HP (IIRC 2 HP) so if you don't have that Thunder Rage, give up a turn of attacking the boss for taking out the bullets.

There is a badge in the room where the door to the shop is. You know that red block? Well, there's a hidden block underneath it. Hit it with Koops then hit the badge block. You'll get a nice badge.

Hope this helped! :D (And hopefully didn't spoil anything, if I did, I apologize)

So I finished Chapter 2. The boss seemed easier than Hooktail, but I don't know. Anyway I am in Glitzville and just beat the Goomba Bros. Also, I improved Flurry and she can use Lip Lock now.

Oh my god, Chapter 3 was my least favorite just because of the conditions -__- I hated the no Jumping one since I prefer Jumping than Hammering :p

Timmy said:
Oh my god, Chapter 3 was my least favorite just because of the conditions -__- I hated the no Jumping one since I prefer Jumping than Hammering :p
I love that fact when Grubba tells you that you can't FP and he think it stands for Fancy Pants.

New Super Mario said:
Anyway I am in Glitzville.

Before you fight the "Hand-It-Overs" (Bandy Andy and his Bandit friends) put all of your items away in the store's inventory. Two of them can steal items and normally you get your items back when you beat Bandits, but Bandy Andy and his team will keep your items even if you win. I lost an Ultra Shroom and an Inn Coupon in my original file because of them.

Also, tips for the Chapter 3 boss
It's Grubba. He has 60 HP but the main problem is that he boosts his attack and defense. When he raises his defense, use an item. Other than that, Grubba's not hard at all.

Wow, that was fast. What'd you name your Yoshi?

A lot of people hate Chapter 4 because of the backtracking. When you beat the Chapter Boss, you won't have any partners until you get your new partner when you return to Twilight Town, so either bring lots of recovery items or you could just choose to avoid the battles. Also, if you have any POW Blocks, Earthquakes, or the Quake Hammer badge, use them, they'll be very useful for a while during the second half of the chapter.
You have to go down a well and there's a bunch of Buzzy Beetles in there.

Yeah i didn't hate Chapter 4 but kinda disliked the backtracking and stuff -___- i really loved the Doopliss Battle Music!! it was soo awesome! who else agrees with me? :D

New Super Mario said:
I can't find the dumb pipe to Twilight Town. I'll look it up.

1. Stand on top of the sewer grate.

2. Use Paper Mode.

3. You'll fall into Rougeport Sewers.

4. Use Yoshi to hover to the left. Go into the door. The pipe is in there.

The pipe will reject you, so you have to go East Rougeport and go into the back alley to the left of Merlon's house and keep going until you meet this guy and talk to him.

PM2_Darkly.jpg

You're welcome. Oh, and if you have time, you should go into the Pit of 100 Trials and get the Zap Tap Badge. It's on the 30th floor. It's kind of useful against the Chapter 4 boss.

yeah the Zap Tap is really useful :D but thing i hate is i've never completed the Pit of 100 Trials :/ i dided on Level (or floor whatever) 98! >_< *sigh* anyone know how to get passed it? :/

Joey Wheeler said:
You're welcome. Oh, and if you have time, you should go into the Pit of 100 Trials and get the Zap Tap Badge. It's on the 30th floor. It's kind of useful against the Chapter 4 boss.
I did some of it when I had to help Pine T. Jr. from the Trouble Center.

Nabber said:
You guys do realize that there is already a thread for discussion on TTYD, right?
This is more exclusively to give me pointers and stuff like that. So, it's different.

I beat Doopliss or ??? or whatever.

It seemed kinda short to get the Crystal Star right away, but there is still more stuff. I don't really care though cause Twilight Town creeps me out and I want to be done with it quickly.

Back