I am finally getting Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door this week!

Nabber said:
So? NSM bumped this from three months ago too.
Than it really doesn't matter which one got bumped, right? Besides I created this thread more for my help than to discuss the game.

So, uh, is the cookbook really worth getting? I already took it on in the Trouble Center. I'll still do it, but are there any really good recipes that would help against, say, the Shadow Queen?

New Super Mario said:
Nabber said:
So? NSM bumped this from three months ago too.
Than it really doesn't matter which one got bumped, right? Besides I created this thread more for my help than to discuss the game.

So, uh, is the cookbook really worth getting? I already took it on in the Trouble Center. I'll still do it, but are there any really good recipes that would help against, say, the Shadow Queen?

The Jelly Ultra is one I recommend

spicy pasta (hot sauce + koopasta/fresh pasta/spaghetti) is really good. it has decent recovery and you get +1 attack on your next move

space food is great if you need recovery but lack anything better or a heart block. just stroll outside x-naut fortress without getting hit by the x-yuxes or moon clefts and WHAMMA ultra shroom in a candy bar

maple supers were the best for me because i tend to have very low hp and fp (i love to challenge myself)

dont use snow bunny or courage meal theyre really bad

choco cake is decent too but only if you have low hp and fp

Don Pianta said:
My recommendations:

Egg Bomb (Mystic Egg+Fire Flower)

Coconut Bomb (Coconut+Fire Flower)

Zess Dynamite (Egg Bomb+Coconut Bomb)

Jelly Ultra like BLOF said (Ultra Shroom+Jammin' Jelly)

Jelly Candy (Jammin' Jelly+Cake Mix)

Here's a list of all the recipes in the game.

Those look great! But getting all the stuff for a bunch of Zess Dynamite will take a while. And Jammin Jelly costs a lot in Rougeport Sewers.

I hated Chapter 7 with a passion... SPOILER: It's so freaking LOOONG, and walking on the moon is annoying as hell!

How much HP do you have? That might affect what healing items you want. :p

Oh and for the Chapter 7 Boss... MAKE SURE THE PERSON IN FRONT HAS THEIR DEFENSE BOOSTED BY EITHER BADGES, ITEMS OR BY USING POWER LIFT!!!
Why? Well the boss has an attack where he hits you with like 10 people of the audience and each person does 3 damage IIRC.

I currently have 40 HP, 35 FP, and 18 BP. I'll probably fight in Glitzville before fighting the Shadow Queen and try to level up.

New Super Mario said:
I currently have 40 HP, 35 FP, and 18 BP. I'll probably fight in Glitzville before fighting the Shadow Queen and try to level up.

I fought shadow queen at 90 HP and I died many times

I think I had something like (not completely accurate)

40+ HP/40+ FP/30+ BP

I always kept them equal, in reality, I probably only had around 30 HP & FP, but I used all the HP & FP Plus' along with a Power Plus. That and Flower Saver, as well as a few Jump attacks (Hammer became fairly useless when I had Power Plus on, it made Jump give 8 while Hammer gave 7)

My first run as a kid, I had 60+ HP, but jack shit FP and like, 3 BP. I avoided every fight and ended up getting destroyed by the Shadow Queen. But I has no trouble on Ch. 7 Boss because of the high HP, I even beat him first try, unlike last time I played. It was Wierd.

Also I don't think Glitzville is ideal to train by now, since the enemies there probably won't give you star points (you'll probably just get 1 star point at the end of the battle lol)

When I was younger I focused more on HP and FP, but now I focus more on BP.
Now my stats by the Shadow Queen are around 20/25 HP, 20/25/30 FP and like 60+ BP. XD

Sora said:
New Super Mario said:
So, I should focus more on badge points?

Well I hate half the badges so.....

I only have 18 BP.

Get more HP

That's what I did. Turned out horribly. I could take a lot of damage, but I couldn't dish it out.

I think it's good to balance between all 3 of them, keeping them around the same ammount. 15HP, 10 FP, 12 BP is usually how I get through the start of the game. I then do FP next, then BP, then HP, FP, BP, BP, etc.

I like to use the HP/FP/Power Plus Badges alongside Flower Saver (Sometimes Partner Version), Power Jump/Power Smash and Defence-Piercing Moves. Badges are what help me the most.

That's my strategy though, you should Find out and try your own. Whatever works best for you.

If money's an issue, you can sell some badges to Ms. Mowz's employee.

When you get to Fahr Outpost, you need permission from Gold Bob and General White to get to the moon. Talk to Gold Bob first since it's a one-way trip.

There's also two badges in the X-Naut Fortress. Be sure to get them. They'll make the final boss slightly less harder and if you beat the boss, you won't be able to get them again until after the game is finished.

"slightly less harder"

maybe it's just me but i find shadow queen to be a bit easy (i can superguard her sucking hands)

magnus 2.0 is actually harder in my challenge runs because of the audience cannon

Back