Worst Mario Roster

Magikrazy said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Magikrazy said:
FMGBASKFH said:
characters that don't deserve to be in a Mario Party (Toad, Toadette, Boo, Birdo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro).
Are you being serious?

Drop dead serious. In MY opinion, Mario Party should have only non-generic characters as playable.
Ok, let's say that happened. There would be:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi

Every other playable character is representing a species. DK and Bowser are hosts and stuff, and Bowser Jr. seems like the only other choice as a playable character to me in order to satisfy your needs. And don't say "You fucking idiot. Rosalina can be playable", because this game was released before Super Mario Galaxy.

Donkey Kong didn't use to be a host, and he should be back to being playable. The Yoshi we've always had as playable is a different one from the rest of the species (I know the same applies for Toad, but I still see him as a generic character). I wouldn't even add more characters other than those you mentioned. Adding Donkey Kong and Yoshi, that roster is just perfect. Mario Party 3's and 4's rosters were just perfection. If I were to make a new Mario Party, I would have Mario Party 3 and 4's roster and I would add Rosalina, Lubba and Diddy Kong.

FMGBASKFH said:
Drop dead serious. In MY opinion, Mario Party should have only non-generic characters as playable.
How to define "generic"? If human isn't, what about some other random human appeared in Camelot's clubs?
No matter the playable species are characters or generic, like someone said actually species are well recognized in Mario series.

I don't know if Party should have more requirement than any other spinoff. It works for Olympics ans Smash games which only as for representives of Mario series.

FMGBASKFH said:
Donkey Kong didn't use to be a host, and he should be back to being playable. The Yoshi we've always had as playable is a different one from the rest of the species (I know the same applies for Toad, but I still see him as a generic character). I wouldn't even add more characters other than those you mentioned. Adding Donkey Kong and Yoshi, that roster is just perfect. Mario Party 3's and 4's rosters were just perfection. If I were to make a new Mario Party, I would have Mario Party 3 and 4's roster and I would add Rosalina, Lubba and Diddy Kong.
In official setting, Toad(Kinopio) is an individual, or in this saying Toadette would be more important than him. :???:

Early Party roster didn't include Birdo, Toad and the late Toadette. The major problem of Party 9 in face of 8th might only be Toadette. Except DK himself, actually DK members and Galaxy new characters are not given the first priority (though neither the two species too).

FMGBASKFH said:
Donkey Kong didn't use to be a host, and he should be back to being playable. The Yoshi we've always had as playable is a different one from the rest of the species (I know the same applies for Toad, but I still see him as a generic character).

Doesn't matter how you see him, Yoshi is as generic as Toad. That's the facts. I would ramble on, but I'll let Propeller Toad do the rambling first :-X

Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Donkey Kong didn't use to be a host, and he should be back to being playable. The Yoshi we've always had as playable is a different one from the rest of the species (I know the same applies for Toad, but I still see him as a generic character).

Doesn't matter how you see him, Yoshi is as generic as Toad. That's the facts. I would ramble on, but I'll let Propeller Toad do the rambling first :-X

Maybe, but I like Yoshi, while I dislike Toad.

And I like Toad while I dislike Yoshi so we're even

FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:

Maybe, but I like Yoshi, while I dislike Toad.
And what does that prove? That because you like a character more, that makes more of an important character? No, it doesn't.

I like Luigi more than Mario, but that doesn't make Luigi the main character.

You argue that there should be no species characters, but Yoshi is one species just like Toad, and no amount of likability will change that.

FMGBASKFH said:
Magikrazy said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Magikrazy said:
FMGBASKFH said:
characters that don't deserve to be in a Mario Party (Toad, Toadette, Boo, Birdo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro).
Are you being serious?

Ok, let's say that happened. There would be:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi

Every other playable character is representing a species. DK and Bowser are hosts and stuff, and Bowser Jr. seems like the only other choice as a playable character to me in order to satisfy your needs. And don't say "You fucking idiot. Rosalina can be playable", because this game was released before Super Mario Galaxy.

The only difference between 3 and 4's roster compared to that is no DK. So one character being removed ruins the roster.... I give up. Sure whatever, you don't like the roster.

New Super Yoshi said:
Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Broly said:
I just want to say, if you want to have a good roster, look at Double Dash.

Agreed. That was a pretty good roster.
The best rosters have been:Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Mario Kart Wii and the baseball games.

The Worst on the other hand is:Mario Tennis GBA, Mario Party Advance and Mario Golf GBA (GBA's do have limited rosters though but thoughs I know could be much better without going past the limitations)

Games with decnt rosters but that could of been better is:Mario Kart 7 and Mario Sports Mix

Feel free to add to this.

Mario Golf GBA is meaning as before connectivity?
and also Tennis GBC is even worse.
Tennis GBA is not worked connectivity. and roster is smaller than Tennis GBC, no mario-theme courts.

I've never played the game boy tennis games. But I think it's safe to say that all of them sucked roster wise.

Magikrazy said:
And what does that prove? That because you like a character more, that makes more of an important character? No, it doesn't.

I like Luigi more than Mario, but that doesn't make Luigi the main character.

You argue that there should be no species characters, but Yoshi is one species just like Toad, and no amount of likability will change that.

Who's even talking about how important characters are? That doesn't have anything to do with this. Waluigi is not important at all, yet he deserves to be playable way more than Dry Bones or Boo.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
The only difference between 3 and 4's roster compared to that is no DK. So one character being removed ruins the roster.... I give up. Sure whatever, you don't like the roster.

Both 3 and 4 had DK. It was 5 onwards that didn't have DK as playable.

I agree removing DK was a dumbass decision but that still doesn't make a roster terrible or that a character (Toad) is undeserving.

They way I see it, Toad should be essential for spin offs. He's one of the "Big Eight" which is

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Wario

I've heard bad things about the Mario Sports Mix roster, despite me not owning it yet. It's similar to the Hoops 3-on-3 roster, and combines freaking Final Fantasy characters with Mario characters? Not right at all.

On the other hand, Mario Kart 7's roster is pretty good, in my opinion, and one of the more varied of the series, but why include Wario if there's no Waluigi? And no babies, seriously? I always liked Baby Mario/Luigi. As for the other babies, they're...not the best.

Nega-Man said:
I've heard bad things about the Mario Sports Mix roster, despite me not owning it yet. It's similar to the Hoops 3-on-3 roster, and combines freaking Final Fantasy characters with Mario characters? Not right at all.
I agree. Surely there are other characters that Square Enix and Nintendo could use.

You must remember though, that Square Enix had the rights to implement its own characters into Mario Sports Mix.

Nega-Man said:

Hoops 3-on-3 uses Final Fantasy characters as well. Still, it's a much bigger roster than Sports Mix's one.

La Marionette said:
Hoops 3-on-3 uses Final Fantasy characters as well. Still, it's a much bigger roster than Sports Mix's one.

Nega-Man said:

that's what I just said.

Well, it sounds like you said that it's Hoops-3-on-3, WITH the Final Fantasy characters. You implied that Hoops-3-on-3 didn't have it. :P

Mario Sports Mix's roster isn't the worst, anyway, but it has got to be one of the more disappointing ones.

So far, I'm pretty disappointed for Mario Tennis Open's roster, but that's mainly for including friggin' Baby Peach over Baby Luigi

Broly said:
How to make this roster better:

Replace Baby Peach with Baby Luigi

Replace Dry Bowser with Petey Piranha

Sorry, the Miis skinned Petey Piranha

He's currently an outfit for the Miis

O wait, oops. They didn't skin him after all.

But they did stole his racket.

Baby Luigi said:
So far, I'm pretty disappointed for Mario Tennis Open's roster, but that's mainly for including friggin' Baby Peach over Baby Luigi

I agree that it was a horrible move to put Baby Peach over Baby Luigi. The Baby Bros. were the original, and neither one of them should be replaced. Unfortunately, I do see the possibility that it may have been done to give Baby Mario a female counterpart (though I hope I'm wrong as Baby Luigi definitely deserves a place over the newer infant).

Adding on to MTO, it is indeed sad to see Camelot making so many unnecessary character cuts in the game. The addition of more characters attract more consumers; however, sadly Camelot seems to be too busy playing around either with their own human characters or the Mii costumes as opposed to actual Mario characters.

Perhaps I might be complaining too much; however, the roster is indeed underwhelming to me. I expected slightly more for a new MT game (even the intro and character celebration scenes seem lazy IMO).

Back